Sarah Everard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Assuming that her friend is a similar age she might have a small flat to herself, a studio apartment etc. No one knows.

I'd guess either her friend who she had visited or her partner reported it, I always tell my friends to text me when they get home so I know they are safe so if I hadn't heard anything and saw they hadn't been online for hours I'd be worried. And same with my partner, if I'd spoken to him on my way home then he hadn't heard from me again he'd probably be worried pretty quickly
Yeah but the amount of times you get home make dinner or have a shower and just completely forget to let everyone know your home. Some of my friends are always on their phones some aren’t. If she’s the latter you might give it a day?

Yeah but the amount of times you get home make dinner or have a shower and just completely forget to let everyone know your home. Some of my friends are always on their phones some aren’t. If she’s the latter you might give it a day?
I’ve just thought too wouldn’t she have been at work the following day. Even if working from home my boss would be straight on the phone if I was offline for morning meetings.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I’m not trying to get to the bottom of whether the rule was broken or not, I’ve never been eligible for a bubble so I was wondering if I had misunderstood how they work based on the amount of people saying she was breaking the rules, complete tangent
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Perhaps she had a few drinks when visiting the friend? When you are drunk you’re more likely to take more risks?
 

Our government have done a lot of crazy things in the past year, but if this was ever allowed to happen it would beat them all by far.

This will obviously never happen, but I do find that it has sparked conversation. Lots of men commenting on how ridiculous this is, and how this will greatly impact their lives without considering that this is the reality women live with every day. If I'm by myself I tend to make sure I'm either home by dark or can wait somewhere safe until someone can pick me up. I already have a curfew!

Some men are questioning whether they would have to change jobs etc - this is something women already have to consider! There's been jobs I haven't applied for because (especially in winter) I'd be worried that I wouldn't be able to get myself home safely before dark!

And obviously lots of comments from absolute knobs like 'well who will collect the chinese takeaway if men aren't allowed out???' WOMEN. WOMEN WOULD. BECAUSE WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ONE OF YOU RAPING OR MURDERING US.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
My dad was a police officer and retired when I was 17. I grew up around cops so I’ve always been very trusting of them, in fact when I got off the megabus in Newcastle (surprise trip home from uni) at night time, carrying a million bags through the city centre, a police officer offered to help carry my belongings to the bus station. I accepted the offer and he was nothing but polite and friendly.

I still wouldn’t get in an unmarked police car if I was offered a lift. I don’t think any well meaning plain clothed officer would even offer, it just screams ‘unprofessional’ to me. My heart aches for Sarah and I dread to think what sort of information will come to light over the next few days.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
The thing about this policeman is that they need to charge him by 9pm tonight or let him go.... because of habeus corpus.
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 6
It makes me sick to think people wouldn’t be questioning it if she’d been out jogging as opposed to the fact she had been to a friends house in lockdown. Even if she’d just been out shoplifting it doesn’t bloody matter, she was walking along a main road at 9 at night to get home, and she was taken and killed we believe by a serving policeman. Honestly 🙄
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
You just don’t know, and I think it’s highly irrelevant if they were in her bubble or not. Her friends were the last people she would of seen in person, and probably had a nice evening or conversation ( whatever the circumstances in her being at a friends ) bubble or not. Her last few hours on earth. I hope they were filled with happy moments and that’s all I care about, not whether it was breaking lockdown or not.
This just made me cry.

That poor poor young girl. It’s heartbreaking.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Perhaps she had a few drinks when visiting the friend? When you are drunk you’re more likely to take more risks?
It doesn’t matter if she was drunk. She didn’t consent to being kidnapped and murdered.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
It should be equally as safe for a teen girl to walk outdoors as a 33 year old?
It should be yes, you’re right. But all kids are told not to be out late etc etc but 9pm at 33? Most wouldn’t even think twice about being out at that time. Hardly the middle of the night. I agree that it should be safe for everyone no matter what the time is but most adults wouldn’t even consider 9pm to be late.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11
I don’t give a toss about a bubble breaking COVID rules. I am just so angry and saddened that this young lady has lost her life through no fault of her own.
I am sickened that girls/women are still not safe on our streets. I feel this is a turning point and we are going to get more vocal in demanding our basic human rights like being able to go out in public without having to look over our shoulder.
There needs to be a register for all the guys that sexually assault us be it a slap on the backside or worse.
And it’s time men started challenging their friends behaviour when they are all leery and making comments to females.
Rest in peace Sarah 💔
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Perhaps she had a few drinks when visiting the friend? When you are drunk you’re more likely to take more risks?
Sorry but who cares?

Why are we all discussing what she was doing and not what he was doing? She could have been doing cartwheels along the street naked for all I care.

We need to stop victim blaming/shaming and discussing for hours what the person killed was doing and be much more focused on the other persons actions.

It's nothing to do with her actions and ALL to do with his.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
It makes me sick to think people wouldn’t be questioning it if she’d been out jogging as opposed to the fact she had been to a friends house in lockdown. Even if she’d just been out shoplifting it doesn’t bloody matter, she was walking along a main road at 9 at night to get home, and she was taken and killed we believe by a serving policeman. Honestly 🙄
Amen to this! I can't even believe it's a question that comes out of anyones mouth.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 20
Do we even have proof that he was in plain clothes at the time? (genuinely unsure)

I'm wondering if he stopped her with a line of questioning relating to lockdown, which I see coppers doing every night on my train home from work and they want your "excuse"/reason or whatever, take people's details etc. If you're in that situation, you've "broken a rule" (or even if you haven't you're still being questioned by a copper at night during lockdown which to me is intimidating) he's been nice about it and offered to take you home etc. It doesn't bare thinking about.

I think most law abiding citizens reaction to being stopped and shown a police badge is to comply totally. It's easy to say what we wouldn't do when we're not in the situation.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Do we even have proof that he was in plain clothes at the time? (genuinely unsure)

I'm wondering if he stopped her with a line of questioning relating to lockdown, which I see coppers doing every night on my train home from work and they want your "excuse"/reason or whatever, take people's details. If you're in that situation, you've "broken a rule" (or even if you haven't your being questioned by a copper at night during lockdown which to me is intimidatint) he's been nice about it and offered to take you home etc. It doesn't bare thinking about.
I was talking to my housemate earlier about the possibility of him being in uniform at the time. I think we all trust police officers, if one stopped me and asked my name etc I’d tell them without even thinking about it. I wonder if he used his job to gain Sarah’s trust. So awful to think about.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 14
Lockdown has seriously gone to people's heads if we even need to entertain the idea of getting to the bottom of whether a Covid rule was broken in the context of a murder case.
👏 it’s actually pissing me off it’s even a topic of conversation
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Sorry but who cares?

Why are we all discussing what she was doing and not what he was doing? She could have been doing cartwheels along the street naked for all I care.

We need to stop victim blaming/shaming and discussing for hours what the person killed was doing and be much more focused on the other persons actions.

It's nothing to do with her actions and ALL to do with his.
I was not trying to victim blame AT ALL. Sorry if that offended anyone or even came across that way, it’s just I saw conversations about why would she get into a car etc etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I was talking to my housemate earlier about the possibility of him being in uniform at the time. I think we all trust police officers, if one stopped me and asked my name etc I’d tell them without even thinking about it. I wonder if he used his job to gain Sarah’s trust. So awful to think about.

I doubt he'd be in uniform - aren't police required to change out of uniform after their shift is finished? It's certainly the case in Scotland anyway.

Added to that, if for some reason he did have his uniform on, then that would point to complete pre-meditation to murder her wouldn't it?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
He could have done any number of things to get her in his car. Shown his badge, pulled her in etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I doubt he'd be in uniform - aren't police required to change out of uniform after their shift is finished? It's certainly the case in Scotland anyway.

Added to that, if for some reason he did have his uniform on, then that would point to complete pre-meditation to murder her wouldn't it?
If you can kidnap and murder someone, you're probably capable of stealing a uniform/breaking a rule about not wearing a uniform.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.