Why....? If she was a British woman he met online would that be a red flag...?Just heard that his wife is a Ukrainian woman he met online, that in itself is a massive red flag.
Why....? If she was a British woman he met online would that be a red flag...?Just heard that his wife is a Ukrainian woman he met online, that in itself is a massive red flag.
I think the whole idea that she would have called to check is a bit far fetched (for lack of a better word) because I was never even aware you could do that personally. Plus, had she called to check this info would surely have been released by now because records must be kept? It took them a week or so to even realise that the guy is a suspect.But they'd check if he was on duty or not. And he wasn't.
Why??????? Sorry I don’t see why either of those things have any bearing on what he has (potentially) done??Just heard that his wife is a Ukrainian woman he met online, that in itself is a massive red flag.
We’ve already discussed this in depth. Read the thread back a few pages.Why....? If she was a British woman he met online would that be a red flag...?
Honestly had the same thought process but as I mentioned, I have seen police in Durham be very helpful to students and she had studied there before. It's easy to see that I would probably be more trusting of them now for that exact reason, especially if it's dark and I want to get home quicklyMaybe I'm naive, but if an 'unmarked' car stopped me and said I was being followed, warrant card or not, I wouldn't be going in the car. I know you can't always say exactly what you would do, but I'd like to think that I'd thank them for warning me and ask them to wait with me whilst I called my dad/friend/etc etc. I just cannot see myself getting in an unmarked car, willingly.
That's good for you. Sadly, I can see myself getting in with enough persuasion given the power dynamic, especially if he was in uniform.Maybe I'm naive, but if an 'unmarked' car stopped me and said I was being followed, warrant card or not, I wouldn't be going in the car. I know you can't always say exactly what you would do, but I'd like to think that I'd thank them for warning me and ask them to wait with me whilst I called my dad/friend/etc etc. I just cannot see myself getting in an unmarked car, willingly.
been a couple murders and stabbing and shootings up in Newcastle that have warranted large sections of areas cordoned offYeah, that’s odd why would they still have that much manpower and vehicles still there if human remains are already found. There’s more going on.
Anytime I’ve seen a news article on a murder usually the place has a tent over the body and several police and cars with a few forensics not an entire police force and lab department out with them
I know what you're saying, but I genuinely think a lone guy in an unmarked car flashing a badge wouldn't be enough to convince me. I guess more worrying is that if there were 2 in the car, I'd be more likely to trust that.Honestly had the same thought process but as I mentioned, I have seen police in Durham be very helpful to students and she had studied there before. It's easy to see that I would probably be more trusting of them now for that exact reason, especially if it's dark and I want to get home quickly
Realistically, there really shouldn't be a reason why I can't trust someone who is a police officer unless they're not in uniform or have a badge on them
Oh definitely, if he was in uniform I could definitely see myself complying too. Plain clothes, being alone and in an unmarked car would bother me.That's good for you. Sadly, I can see myself getting in with enough persuasion given the power dynamic, especially if he was in uniform.
I think it just depends on the type of person you are to be honest. I’m quite nervous and shy, so while I would question it in my mind I don’t think it would be hard to get me in the car, because I would be so afraid of what would happen if I didn’tMaybe I'm naive, but if an 'unmarked' car stopped me and said I was being followed, warrant card or not, I wouldn't be going in the car. I know you can't always say exactly what you would do, but I'd like to think that I'd thank them for warning me and ask them to wait with me whilst I called my dad/friend/etc etc. I just cannot see myself getting in an unmarked car, willingly.
I’ve been in taxi’s before where the man driving has been a bit dodgy. I’ve thought to myself what my plan would be, how I would leave evidence, how I would harm him on the face so he couldn’t easily hide it. Things like pulling out my hair, spitting on the interiors, breaking some nails off and scratching his face and the car to get evidence under my nails. One driver in particular I was so worried about that I kept saying to myself that I need to mess up his face so if anything happens to me my mum would know I fought hard for my life. It’s horrendous.To be honest. It’s kind of ingrained into you as being a woman to always be cautious. You tend to lose the mindset where you’re like “if I am ever attacked, I’ll do this” and you ended up gaining a “When I am attacked, I’ll do this” mindset.
It doesn't seem to be a thing in the UK.I think the whole idea that she would have called to check is a bit far fetched (for lack of a better word) because I was never even aware you could do that personally. Plus, had she called to check this info would surely have been released by now because records must be kept? It took them a week or so to even realise that the guy is a suspect.
I do think it's a case of either being told she's being followed/something of the like where she thinks she could be in danger or being trusting of police officers because she has a history with them where they are approachable or generally trusts them.
I guess we just don't know. He might have asked her about breaching lockdown and then threatened to arrest her if she didn't comply and get in the car. I mean, who knows what fuckery and evil lies a psychopath could come up with. As others have mentioned, it could also have been done with force.I know what you're saying, but I genuinely think a lone guy in an unmarked car flashing a badge wouldn't be enough to convince me. I guess more worrying is that if there were 2 in the car, I'd be more likely to trust that.
Yeah but they did bring in portacabins? Large forensic teams? Massive amounts of police?diving teams? That’s why it’s suspicious they’re still doing searchesbeen a couple murders and stabbing and shootings up in Newcastle that have warranted large sections of areas cordoned off
for two of them they did but I think it was more of who the suspects were on these crimesYeah but they did bring in portacabins? Large forensic teams? Massive amounts of police?diving teams? That’s why it’s suspicious they’re still doing searches
Is this in Kent? HorrifyingYeah but they did bring in portacabins? Large forensic teams? Massive amounts of police?diving teams? That’s why it’s suspicious they’re still doing searches
It's just so awful and I truly hope she didn't suffer or have to go through that 'oh sh!t...' feeling that she had made the wrong choice. It's really so desperately sad.I guess we just don't know. He might have asked her about breaching lockdown and then threatened to arrest her if she didn't comply and get in the car. I mean, who knows what fuckery and evil lies a psychopath could come up with. As others have mentioned, it could also have been done with force.