Sarah Everard #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This! In my single days my home was about a 10 min walk from the tube. I don't work regular hours in my line of work and would always feel compelled to get a taxi from tube to front door, even though I couldn't afford it. One time, there was a loud knocking on the door, about an hour after I'd been dropped off. It was the taxi driver saying he'd finished his shift and could be come in for a drink? After that I had to get the taxis to drop me a few houses away as a further safety measure
Oh good grief - what the duck is wrong with men.
just the arrogance and presumption - and entitlement.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Oh good grief - what the duck is wrong with men.
just the arrogance and presumption - and entitlement.
I often wonder if men would act like this if they knew how terrifying this is for women. I was talking to a close male friend about how I always cross the road if a man walks behind me at night/in the dark and he had just never considered how it would be scary. That said, my faith in most men is so low at this point I would imagine most of them wouldn't care if they did know.

Reactions: 16
Someone I vaguely know was a serving police officer, got found to have raped/assaulted two women but when it was reported he was put in office duties for years then barred but wasn’t charged or taken to court. It’s sickening that such people can be allowed to work in a career that is meant to protect people. I do also know other police officers who would never ever abuse their position.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Someone I vaguely know was a serving police officer, got found to have raped/assaulted two women but when it was reported he was put in office duties for years then barred but wasn’t charged or taken to court. It’s sickening that such people can be allowed to work in a career that is meant to protect people. I do also know other police officers who would never ever abuse their position.
It Really terrifies me. In. Standard office or retail job with any kind of offences, why OK earth I the police somehow different!?!?

Reactions: 4
I often wonder if men would act like this if they knew how terrifying this is for women. I was talking to a close male friend about how I always cross the road if a man walks behind me at night/in the dark and he had just never considered how it would be scary. That said, my faith in most men is so low at this point I would imagine most of them wouldn't care if they did know.
Iv had real frank conversations with my brother's and boyfriend about this. Boyfriend is very fit and could look quite imposing so has always been conscious of this. He always crosses the road away from a lone female. Always hangs back and tries not to scare them.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Iv had real frank conversations with my brother's and boyfriend about this. Boyfriend is very fit and could look quite imposing so has always been conscious of this. He always crosses the road away from a lone female. Always hangs back and tries not to scare them.
After what happened to poor Sarah, i remember being round my mother in laws house woth my husband and brother (in context we are all were late 20s then) and i mentioned how she did everything right as a female walking alone in dark.
They both looked puzzled and said theres a right way of walking!?! So explained how a females mind works when facing the situation of dealing with day to day stuff.
The way our mind works with sussing out dangers before we start anything. Like for example my husband makes fun of me driving to the local co-op instead of walking the 5 minutes and i said its because the path to it isnt along a road and even though we are jot in a unsafe area, i didnt feel safe walking through side roads.
That if i saw a man on the road walking towards me, ill cross over. Same with if i saw someone pull up in a car, ill cross. With taxis, i would het them to drop me off at a house 3 doors up. When i enter my house in the dark, i close all blinds and curtains first before turning lights on so if i was followed they cant see in/know thisnis my house.
I drive with my car doors locked, used to carry a small can of deep heat spray on me ( trick my dad taught me, spray onto attacker and if caught carrying say you suffer with leg tightness)
If you have to walk at night. Dont be distracted on phone, no headphones. Stick fo lit paths and main roads, avoid shortcuts. Keep hands on keys with a key inbetween fingers to use as protection.

When i said all of that, their faces dropped and hit home how scary it is for women in this world. I told them to respect women by crossing the path instead. If you see a woman being pestered, step in and make out you know each other by starting a convo (like oh hiya how you been, hows your dad) to help scare of the other person and ask if they are ok. Dont ever let a female friend/colleague/girlfriend or her friends be in a situation of being on their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
They know and they don't care.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
@HannahF agree with what you said.

It's getting lighter in the evenings now but a man was behind me on the walk to the shops so I slowed down rapidly and thought 'overtake, or shift'. He crossed the road. This is how the majority of women think, depressingly enough.

Might try deep heat.

• Heart
Reactions: 5