Sarah Everard #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As more details emerge it just becomes worse and worse. I think there is the stark realisation that any one of us could have been Sarah. It’s just so sad and scary

Reactions: 44
I can’t stop thinking that when he was raping her she must’ve known he was going to kill her after. As if being raped isn’t horrific enough. You don’t drive someone all the way to Kent from Clapham if you’re going to let them go after raping them. I find that thought unbearable tbh.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 84
The horrible thing is nothing will change. There will be more Sarah’s. How many women have been lost to violence in the months since she died? It will never stop.

• Sad
Reactions: 72
When this happened, it was disgusting. But nothing could have prepared anyone for how dark and evil he was, now that the full details have emerged. I’m shocked to the core at his abuse of power and disregard for a beautiful life.
I honestly feel so unsettled today and sad, in particular after reading her mums statement. Worried about women’s futures and how many more women have to be killed 💔 I don’t think I can keep reading this evening, I’m so hurt I can’t even imagine how Sarah’s friends and family must feel. Sending love to everyone who’s feeling hurt right now, rest in eternal peace Sarah x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
There must’ve been a point where she knew what his intentions were it doesn’t bare thinking about , handcuffed and trapped with that animal 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 26
The details are harrowing. I can’t imagine the horror Sarah felt as she realised she wasn’t really being arrested after all.

What do we tell our daughters now if they ever find themselves in bother when out and about? Who can they turn to for help? I feel like I need to write a book of stuff to tell my daughters in order to try and keep them as safe as possible as they get older. Things like never leave your drink unattended, don’t get in an un marked taxi oh and be wary of male police officers out alone, because they might try to kidnap, rape and murder you.

It’s just bleeping tragic.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
I have always felt uncomfortable walking by myself, whether that be daytime/nighttime and it’s tragic cases like this which really highlight it for me. Sarah was literally walking home at a time when plenty of people would have been about. She wasn’t dressed provocatively (not saying you have to be to be attacked) and it’s just heartbreaking that her final moments were with this vile excuse of a human.

I read an article recently that asked lots of random women “what would you do if men didn’t exist for the day” and a lot of the responses were along the lines of “go for a walk in the dark by myself” so sad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
:sick: Sick duck…And to think he took his own children to play near the crime scene, like she was a trophy ! in his sick mind

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Wow, just watching the news - I didn’t realise they had dash cam footage of him ‘arresting’ her on the pavement! That’s shocking.

Him telling the police he had given her to men who threatened his family and fact he just carried on as normal afterwards, going to Costa, phoning the vet, is so horrible.

What a vile man. I never ever say this but he honestly deserves the death sentence.

It hasn’t made me feel any less safe with the police though, he definitely was just one very very bad apple. It will be interesting to know if the police failed with his previous complaints though, then I think I would worry.

Just so anyone knows - if you are ever in any doubt over a police officer you can call 999 and read out the officers number which I think is on their shoulder? to verify if they are legit and meant to be working.

Also if you are in Scotland you (generally) can’t be arrested unless there are two police officers there.

Reactions: 26
I can’t stop thinking that when he was raping her she must’ve known he was going to kill her after. As if being raped isn’t horrific enough. You don’t drive someone all the way to Kent from Clapham if you’re going to let them go after raping them. I find that thought unbearable tbh.
The details regarding her body after are horrific.

TRIGGER WARNING.

It was so burnt that when it was moved, it fell apart. They had to remove her brain to check for trauma. And had to remove her collar bone too to check for trauma. Her poor family couldn't really say goodbye to her.

He must have more history, has he got away with this before?
I was wondering the same thing.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
In the uk, night duty police are pretty much always double crewed. In the met, most cars are the same, in the counties, single crewed in daylight.

The control room will always know who is on duty, either by their warrant or shoulder number.

Always ring them if unsure. X

Reactions: 27
Wow, just watching the news - I didn’t realise they had dash cam footage of him ‘arresting’ her on the pavement! That’s shocking.

Him telling the police he had given her to men who threatened his family and fact he just carried on as normal afterwards, going to Costa, phoning the vet, is so horrible.

What a vile man. I never ever say this but he honestly deserves the death sentence.

It hasn’t made me feel any less safe with the police though, he definitely was just one very very bad apple. It will be interesting to know if the police failed with his previous complaints though, then I think I would worry.

Just so anyone knows - if you are ever in any doubt over a police officer you can call 999 and read out the officers number which I think is on their shoulder? to verify if they are legit and meant to be working.

Also if you are in Scotland you (generally) can’t be arrested unless there are two police officers there.
from what I’ve read (could be wrong) they failed to investigate reports of indecent exposure

• Sad
Reactions: 11
The details regarding her body after are horrific.

TRIGGER WARNING.

It was so burnt that when it was moved, it fell apart. They had to remove her brain to check for trauma. And had to remove her collar bone too to check for trauma. Her poor family couldn't really say goodbye to her.

I was wondering the same thing.
He put her in the water after he burnt her so the body would've been in terrible condition.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
In the uk, night duty police are pretty much always double crewed. In the met, most cars are the same, in the counties, single crewed in daylight.

The control room will always know who is on duty, either by their warrant or shoulder number.

Always ring them if unsure. X
would this work in an arrest situation? I couldn’t imagine police pausing an arrest so that the
DP could call 101 to check?

Reactions: 11
would this work in an arrest situation? I couldn’t imagine police pausing an arrest so that the
DP could call 101 to check?
Sorry I’m not OP but I was reading the UK police subreddit today where this was raised. There was a police officer redditor that confirmed it had happened to them mid-arrest, they just had to wait until the call handler confirmed yes then immediately cuffed them!

(Obv from Reddit so could be fake, but inclined to believe it’s the truth as they are verified on that subreddit!)

Reactions: 7