Sarah Butler

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have followed her for a while and usually enjoy her food content. Hate the selling of clothes though and on that score she’s at risk of becoming like so many others - stepping away from what she does best and diluting her content due to the pull of Ad deals for all sorts of things.
She’s rattled about something and I’ve obviously missed it. But reading here it’s about the fridge I assume. Displaying suppressed rage when telling that her top and groceries were paid for with her own money today.
Not sure why she is so fecking stroppy about being questioned about getting a discount. Thing is I thought that you had to be transparent due to advertising standards. There’s a lady I follow in England and she just has a lovely way with her and always declares everything just to be transparent. It’s not a big deal and she does it happily and then everyone is clear whether she has received a discount or not and can draw their own inferences on her recommendations.
But Sarah Butler comes off as being resentful at having to declare which is intriguing. I mean why wouldn’t you want to display transparency and integrity??? I think @SweatyBettyT might be right and these ones tend to lose the run of themselves as their accounts grow. Displays of arrogance can turn followers off. She’d do well to remember that is the followers who put her where she is.

Reactions: 7
I have followed her for a while and usually enjoy her food content. Hate the selling of clothes though and on that score she’s at risk of becoming like so many others - stepping away from what she does best and diluting her content due to the pull of Ad deals for all sorts of things.
She’s rattled about something and I’ve obviously missed it. But reading here it’s about the fridge I assume. Displaying suppressed rage when telling that her top and groceries were paid for with her own money today.
Not sure why she is so fecking stroppy about being questioned about getting a discount. Thing is I thought that you had to be transparent due to advertising standards. There’s a lady I follow in England and she just has a lovely way with her and always declares everything just to be transparent. It’s not a big deal and she does it happily and then everyone is clear whether she has received a discount or not and can draw their own inferences on her recommendations.
But Sarah Butler comes off as being resentful at having to declare which is intriguing. I mean why wouldn’t you want to display transparency and integrity??? I think @SweatyBettyT might be right and these ones tend to lose the run of themselves as their accounts grow. Displays of arrogance can turn followers off. She’d do well to remember that is the followers who put her where she is.
I think she’s rattled at the fact there’s a thread here and the comments about the fridge. She displayed typical hun behaviour with her post where she felt the need to justify her new fridge. She didn’t need to justify her fridge. She stated it wasn’t an ad.

However, when that post was swiftly followed by a competition and tagging of the electrical shop (where she purchased said fridge with her own money) and there was no mention of some form of collaboration some of her followers raised questions. And rightly so…because transparency is needed.

Another poster stated that Sarah doesn’t like to be questioned etc and I think she proved that to be true with her passive aggressive post about the bloody fridge. For those that missed it…

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Ah that post explains it. I missed that entirely. She does seem to be very annoyed about the fridge.

Unfortunately I think that a lot of people have become weary and cynical as we are exposed to so much hard selling on Insta that it is a natural assumption that highlighting a big ticket item like a fridge might have a discount or collab involved. All it takes is just for Instagrammers to be clear with their intentions. A quick and non-defensive confirmation in text even to clarify is all it should take. I see lots of others doing that. It’s no biggie in my opinion. So while I can understand her upset at being discussed here or elsewhere she has reacted by asking why should she have to explain herself. Regardless of what line of work you are in there is accountability involved and if you choose this particular line of work, the followers sometimes hold you to account.

Reactions: 5
I was following for a while, bought the cookbook. But tbh after a while I decided to mute her stories - I don’t know, I was just finding her a bit smug, a bit Little Miss Perfect. Now I know that’s probably a reflection of my own insecurities - she seems so together, appears to have it all, slim, successful yada. She reminds me of one of the school mums I know - Glam stay at home mum who is super nice but a tiny bit patronising to my frazzled working single mum!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was following for a while, bought the cookbook. But tbh after a while I decided to mute her stories - I don’t know, I was just finding her a bit smug, a bit Little Miss Perfect. Now I know that’s probably a reflection of my own insecurities - she seems so together, appears to have it all, slim, successful yada. She reminds me of one of the school mums I know - Glam stay at home mum who is super nice but a tiny bit patronising to my frazzled working single mum!!
That’s the thing though an awful lot of these accounts do portray the highlight reel of their lives but in reality they probably have much the same stressors as most of us. They just don’t show it. And for that reason you have to see them for what they are - a filtered, sanitised, even fake version of life.

It’s easy to think that your own house isn’t tidy enough or that you’re not girl bossing it at work and slaying at parenting. But you are doing great, trust me. We are all just muddling through and could do without the shite we see on Insta. But who really has got the better life? We are not driven by getting Ad work or seduced by freebies. It’s great to get to leave work at work and spend time with kids without constantly shoving a camera in their faces.

Reactions: 3
The fact that Sarah had such and over reaction and was soooo offended by the comments that had been brought to her attention shows she clearly super precious about her online persona.

Unfortunately, I think she showed poor judgment in reacting the way she did. Sometimes the best response is no response 👍

Reactions: 10
I can't believe that Sarah Butler has a page on here.She is very genuine and shared a shitload of free content before she released her book.Her receipes are fab and she has a really nice personality.Very harsh to be on her bitching about her - she worked super hard on her content.

I follow Sarah Butler and I completely enjoy her content. I think she is more genuine and honest than most.

Reactions: 4
I can't believe that Sarah Butler has a page on here.She is very genuine and shared a shitload of free content before she released her book.Her receipes are fab and she has a really nice personality.Very harsh to be on her bitching about her - she worked super hard on her content.
No one is saying she doesn’t work hard and deliver good content!

The commentary was about the tagging of the electrical shop and competition for same.

And?She paid for the fridge - it's hardly a crime to tag the company.
She did pay for the fridge. But it was ironic that straight after the post showing the fridge there was a competition for the electrical shop involved. The optics of it led some of her followers to ask legitimate questions. That’s all and nothing for Sarah to be getting offended about!!!

Well if she's now got a tattle thread because of it, yes she can be offended.
There has been a lot of chat about her in general on Housebythewhitethorns thread which wasn’t the place for it either. Hence new thread.

There’s an ‘unwatch’ button at the top of this thread for anyone that wants to use it.

Reactions: 1
Just an observation…

June 15th/16th - 70k followers
June 25th - 75k followers

5k new followers in approximately 10 days.

• Wow
Last November she had circa 35k followers. Now she has 75.8k. I find it bizzare her following has more than doubled in a short period of time and is continuing to increase rapidly on a weekly basis. What is she doing differently?

According to Social Blade, she’s averaging 300 new followers on average per day. In one month alone she gained 5,999 new followers. Another month was closer to 9,000.

Sarah Battle on the other hand is dying on her arse according to Social Blade.

I think her growth is organic, I even looked through her followers last Sunday and they seem genuine. I think she’s grown because her cooking is practical, using normal ingredients with demos people can follow. If it were a case that she was buying followers I’d be very disappointed but I’d still follow.

I don’t think she’s buying followers. She has so many free recipes and demos and her recipes taste good and are easy to follow. Like she shares a few recipes a week. Every recipe in her book is on instagram so she’s not pushing people to buy it either

Mayo based mum and best selling author according to her Instagram.
2nd cookbook on the way.
Likes to cook and post recipes.
Dropped €3,000 on a fridge which she paid for (not an ad) but is promoting the electrical shop now 🤔 🤔
Seems to be well liked by the majority and has 70k seemingly ‘genuine’ followers.

Feel free to add to above summary 👍
Agreed. They are running a commercial enterprise and entering commercial agreements with brands like PortWest and Carraig Donn … who are owned by the same family.

They have agencies representing them so these insta accounts aren’t to illustrate their ‘hobbies’; their purpose is to promote business.

Granted Sarah Butler creates far better content than the majority of them but the more she increases her follower base, the more ‘commercial’ she will become….and that’s when they tend to lose the run of themselves.

Like, it was no coincidence yesterday that there was a photo opportunity with Alan Clarke who is also on the way to 70k followers and recently signed to Andrea Roches agency…

But as they say, let’s watch this space….maybe Sarah Butler will be the girl to keep it real here (as opposed to reel for more fridge guide this site )
She’s not Beggy and she does seem more relatable