Sarah Butler

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mayo based mum and best selling author according to her Instagram.
2nd cookbook on the way.
Likes to cook and post recipes.
Dropped €3,000 on a fridge which she paid for (not an ad) but is promoting the electrical shop now 🤔 🤔
Seems to be well liked by the majority and has 70k seemingly ‘genuine’ followers.

Feel free to add to above summary 👍

Reactions: 1
Mayo based mum and best selling author according to her Instagram.
2nd cookbook on the way.
Likes to cook and post recipes.
Dropped €3,000 on a fridge which she paid for (not an ad) but is promoting the electrical shop now 🤔 🤔
Seems to be well liked by the majority and has 70k seemingly ‘genuine’ followers.

Feel free to add to above summary 👍
Hope I'm wrong as I really like her,her page & her cooking.Just hope she is as genuine as she seems & not just another walking ad

Reactions: 2
Hope I'm wrong as I really like her,her page & her cooking.Just hope she is as genuine as she seems & not just another walking ad
They’re all running a business, they’re all with agencies…enough said. They are all the same. But she sticks to her lane a bit more. Let’s give her the benefit of the doubt because she does do a good job 👍👍

I think she’s fairly honest, she works with port west and CD. She’s done lots of giveaways of cookwear she’s bought. At least she’s not out stalking T Morrows or Foxford.

💯. She’s not Beggy and she does seem more relatable
Except a 3k fridge but if she bought it good for her.I just can't believe the price, didn't even think they went up to 3 grand.With all the cost of living talk I thought it was abit vulgar but they are all at it,spending huge sums of money or are they.🤔Insta must pay very well.

She is no different to any of them. I admire her success and getting the cookbook out (which I bought) but as someone above said they are running a business. You’re mad to think any of them present anything other than a front on insta. She is highly defensive if anyone remotely questions or critiques her. She only wants an army of people who love her. There is a strong bang of elitism off her. In terms of productivity and content she is streets ahead of Sarah Battle but in terms of personality and why they’re on insta I would see zero difference between them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She is no different to any of them. I admire her success and getting the cookbook out (which I bought) but as someone above said they are running a business. You’re mad to think any of them present anything other than a front on insta. She is highly defensive if anyone remotely questions or critiques her. She only wants an army of people who love her. There is a strong bang of elitism off her. In terms of productivity and content she is streets ahead of Sarah Battle but in terms of personality and why they’re on insta I would see zero difference between them.
Agreed. They are running a commercial enterprise and entering commercial agreements with brands like PortWest and Carraig Donn … who are owned by the same family.

They have agencies representing them so these insta accounts aren’t to illustrate their ‘hobbies’; their purpose is to promote business.

Granted Sarah Butler creates far better content than the majority of them but the more she increases her follower base, the more ‘commercial’ she will become….and that’s when they tend to lose the run of themselves.

Like, it was no coincidence yesterday that there was a photo opportunity with Alan Clarke who is also on the way to 70k followers and recently signed to Andrea Roches agency…

But as they say, let’s watch this space….maybe Sarah Butler will be the girl to keep it real (as opposed to reel 🤣🤣)

Attachments

I hope I'm not mad to think there are a few real,genuine ones on insta who are getting a few gigs,a couple of feebies & a few pound here & there but don't go out buying over the top purchases,then tagging them.I know there are real genuine women on it who I follow,who have regular jobs also and do not buy over the top shite cos they can't or have the cop not to spend so fliviously.I only follow Real people who are in the real world.I'm definitely not the mad one,it's the fools who aspire to these house obsessed,materialistic women who need their heads read.

Pippa’s dress the other evening cost 1700e, the fridge was a better buy, granted you can’t wear a fridge!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She has shared so many recipes and videos for free. Like you don’t even have to buy her book. She’s big into food and doesn’t seem to have an extravagant lifestyle so why not splash out on a fridge. I just hope she doesn’t start getting into interiors and become another borefest

Reactions: 7
Fridge is a decent buy if it's what she wants and can afford fair play

she's not annoyed me much yet... just the pic with Alan Clark would be her only fault yet for me

Fridge is a decent buy if it's what she wants and can afford fair play

she's not annoyed me much yet... just the pic with Alan Clark would be her only fault yet for me
God it's not the buying of an expensive fridge, it's the tagging where she bought it bangs of a big discount.Why show it to everyone in detail,tag the shop & run a comp if there isn't something in it for her.Fair play if that's what happened,just say so.She didn't say I paid full or not an ad. Not putting it up is what was alittle shady is all not the fact she bought a nice fridge.Good on her if she paid full price, beautiful fridge & hope they have years of happiness together but just doubtful she paid the same price tag as us joe soaps.This should be said to her 70k followers is all.I love her page but didn't like that.More transparency is needed,that's all.

Surprised she has a thread tbh! Never thought twice about the fridge, I enjoy her content. Everyone annoys somebody but I'll stick with Sarah, love the recipes and really really hope she stays as she is, keep it about the food and don't get mad into ads. Port west and carrig donn I can cope with. If I see a sweet king ad I'm out the bleeping door though...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thread won't be closed mods deleting posts instead.

Sarah doesn't deserve to have had a thread opened because she bought a fridge. She shouldn't have had to put out a post to say there was no discount given.

But if I was buying something like that I'd be waiting for the sales does this mean the likes of Sarah can't buy on a sale now for fear it would be seen as a favour.

there are worse people out there. I'm happy to use her recipes and enjoy the demos

Reactions: 5
I couldn’t care less about her fridge … if you have saved for something then just buy it. Let’s stop with the wringing of the hands pearl clutching will this offend anyone 🙄 She hasn’t a background in food so her recipes are real and simple and tasty, she is relatable to in that way and likeable. I think she is in danger of taking herself too seriously though … the story last night about the fridge and how rattled she was shows that what someone above was saying about them all being ‘businesses’ is clearly true. Her followers seem to be real unlike most big accounts with bought followers, so I suppose she is trying to protect that. My only bug is her voice … it is gratingly high and in danger of heading into Joe Wicks range if she’s not careful 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 7
And the other reason why a thread was set up is because she is frequently mentioned on House by the whitethorns thread. So people are talking about her and it is mostly positive so why not have a thread for her?

And fair play to her for buying the fridge she wanted. It was more the giveaway and tagging of the electrical shop that people were commenting on. She did clearly state it wasn’t an ad.

I don’t believe anything offensive or upsetting was stated about Sarah.

Reactions: 4
She seriously needs to do something about the sound quality when she posts from her kitchen. It must be from the high ceilings. It's like an echo chamber, drives me mad. Her posts from her living room are less demanding on the ears.

I initially liked some of her posts e.g. taking the strawberries and soft fruit out of the punnets, but she's so unrelatable to many working mums. Who has the time to shop on a Monday? Especially if you work Monday to Friday. She was fairly dismissive of air fryers as well, she should check her privilege and realise we don't all have Agas or time to cook dinner on an Aga.

I much prefer #Boredoflunch, his recipes are really teenager family friendly and quicker to cook when you're time poor. She rarely appears on my top 20 insta stories now, same as Beggy Battle, much better Insta content out there than the two Sarah's.