Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
The fact that Sarah had such and over reaction and was soooo offended by the comments that had been brought to her attention shows she clearly super precious about her online persona.

Unfortunately, I think she showed poor judgment in reacting the way she did. Sometimes the best response is no response 👍

Reactions: 10

Ailte

VIP Member
Everything is always perfect in her world, she is too sweet to be wholesome
What annoys me is the ‘everyone has time to do all this cooking every day’ attitude .. her kids look school age so that’s her days work effectively … keeping the house, cooking food and Insta content. Some women have younger kids, more kids, work outside the home, travel long distance to work etc etc … so have to spend evenings and weekends batch cooking in an attempt to have a tasty/healthy meal on the table for the family every eve and that isn’t always a possibility with other time demands. I like her recipes. I have her book. She was always going to end up selling, they all do. But that ‘everyone can do this all the time’ bit I find a bit condescending. Hard to be up at 6am cooking if you have been up with a baby/toddler all night for example!

Reactions: 7

Slmn2021

Jesus ladies, did ye get out of the wrong side of the bed?? Ye haven’t much to be at this morning to be commenting on someone’s appearance like that!!!!
No comments on this thread in over a week and then out of the blue……… If ye think Sarah has packed on the pounds then jeepers ye must be absolute supermodels yourselves. Some may find Sarah annoying, or her voice screechy etc but she’s by no means putting on weight or a ‘big aul bird’.
I like this site for the gossip and craic, and the general madness that is calling out crap on social media, but it Seems some people on this like to comment on people’s physical appearance…… you did the same for Sarah battle recently…… hope you speak more kindly to yourself and any females in your own house.

Last edited:

shurlookit

I love Bored of Lunch His slowcooker recipes are brilliant and so practical for anyone working full time. I don’t have time for the Junior cert Home economics approach to cooking from the 90s. Delia Smith Christmas special 1992 springs to mind when I see Scary spending 3 days making gravy.

• Haha

angel911

Chatty Member
I couldn’t care less about her fridge … if you have saved for something then just buy it. Let’s stop with the wringing of the hands pearl clutching will this offend anyone 🙄 She hasn’t a background in food so her recipes are real and simple and tasty, she is relatable to in that way and likeable. I think she is in danger of taking herself too seriously though … the story last night about the fridge and how rattled she was shows that what someone above was saying about them all being ‘businesses’ is clearly true. Her followers seem to be real unlike most big accounts with bought followers, so I suppose she is trying to protect that. My only bug is her voice … it is gratingly high and in danger of heading into Joe Wicks range if she’s not careful 😐

• Haha

Decaff01

I was following for a while, bought the cookbook. But tbh after a while I decided to mute her stories - I don’t know, I was just finding her a bit smug, a bit Little Miss Perfect. Now I know that’s probably a reflection of my own insecurities - she seems so together, appears to have it all, slim, successful yada. She reminds me of one of the school mums I know - Glam stay at home mum who is super nice but a tiny bit patronising to my frazzled working single mum!!

• Heart

Bomfi

She has shared so many recipes and videos for free. Like you don’t even have to buy her book. She’s big into food and doesn’t seem to have an extravagant lifestyle so why not splash out on a fridge. I just hope she doesn’t start getting into interiors and become another borefest

PPHat

I have followed her for a while and usually enjoy her food content. Hate the selling of clothes though and on that score she’s at risk of becoming like so many others - stepping away from what she does best and diluting her content due to the pull of Ad deals for all sorts of things.
She’s rattled about something and I’ve obviously missed it. But reading here it’s about the fridge I assume. Displaying suppressed rage when telling that her top and groceries were paid for with her own money today.
Not sure why she is so fecking stroppy about being questioned about getting a discount. Thing is I thought that you had to be transparent due to advertising standards. There’s a lady I follow in England and she just has a lovely way with her and always declares everything just to be transparent. It’s not a big deal and she does it happily and then everyone is clear whether she has received a discount or not and can draw their own inferences on her recommendations.
But Sarah Butler comes off as being resentful at having to declare which is intriguing. I mean why wouldn’t you want to display transparency and integrity??? I think @SweatyBettyT might be right and these ones tend to lose the run of themselves as their accounts grow. Displays of arrogance can turn followers off. She’d do well to remember that is the followers who put her where she is.

Louber

Chatty Member
Surprised she has a thread tbh! Never thought twice about the fridge, I enjoy her content. Everyone annoys somebody but I'll stick with Sarah, love the recipes and really really hope she stays as she is, keep it about the food and don't get mad into ads. Port west and carrig donn I can cope with. If I see a sweet king ad I'm out the fucking door though...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She is no different to any of them. I admire her success and getting the cookbook out (which I bought) but as someone above said they are running a business. You’re mad to think any of them present anything other than a front on insta. She is highly defensive if anyone remotely questions or critiques her. She only wants an army of people who love her. There is a strong bang of elitism off her. In terms of productivity and content she is streets ahead of Sarah Battle but in terms of personality and why they’re on insta I would see zero difference between them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

PPHat

Ah that post explains it. I missed that entirely. She does seem to be very annoyed about the fridge.

Unfortunately I think that a lot of people have become weary and cynical as we are exposed to so much hard selling on Insta that it is a natural assumption that highlighting a big ticket item like a fridge might have a discount or collab involved. All it takes is just for Instagrammers to be clear with their intentions. A quick and non-defensive confirmation in text even to clarify is all it should take. I see lots of others doing that. It’s no biggie in my opinion. So while I can understand her upset at being discussed here or elsewhere she has reacted by asking why should she have to explain herself. Regardless of what line of work you are in there is accountability involved and if you choose this particular line of work, the followers sometimes hold you to account.

Cant-be-arsed

I used to like her but she’s starting to annoy me with the lectures on home cooking from scratch and healthy meals for your family and all that. Some of us work full time outside the home and do our best to feed our very picky eaters with the best we can afford and what they’ll eat.

whocarez

VIP Member
Thread won't be closed mods deleting posts instead.

Sarah doesn't deserve to have had a thread opened because she bought a fridge. She shouldn't have had to put out a post to say there was no discount given.

But if I was buying something like that I'd be waiting for the sales does this mean the likes of Sarah can't buy on a sale now for fear it would be seen as a favour.

there are worse people out there. I'm happy to use her recipes and enjoy the demos

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
Look, I’m lucky to have a very busy job. I do not have time cooking. I do not own a cook book. Highly unlikely, I will ever own a cook book. I occasionally make a pot of soup or a curry.

So this BULLSHIT concept that you can be up and prepping dinner at 6am is ABSOLUTE BOLLIX and Sarah is doing a disservice to women by portraying that it is.

There is nothing authentic about her. She’s just another cheap ass hun promoting whatever shite she’s PAID to promote.

She has been a CU next Tuesday since she started shoving Her Brownies down Peoples throats in the lockdown days.
A manipulator yet the public will continue to lick Her non existent arse.
She’s laughing all the way to the bank with Her dumbass book.
Maybe I'm missing something but how is she a manipulator? She's monetising her following, I don't see anything wrong with that? I don't see her lying to anybody. What's wrong with an AF link? Obviously I would hope that she is disclosing any partnerships. I agree that her recipes are basic but she says herself that her selling point is simple food.

Reactions: 4

Sunday Roast

VIP Member
I think her growth is organic, I even looked through her followers last Sunday and they seem genuine. I think she’s grown because her cooking is practical, using normal ingredients with demos people can follow. If it were a case that she was buying followers I’d be very disappointed but I’d still follow.

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
And the other reason why a thread was set up is because she is frequently mentioned on House by the whitethorns thread. So people are talking about her and it is mostly positive so why not have a thread for her?

And fair play to her for buying the fridge she wanted. It was more the giveaway and tagging of the electrical shop that people were commenting on. She did clearly state it wasn’t an ad.

I don’t believe anything offensive or upsetting was stated about Sarah.

Ailte

VIP Member
I hate when they forget what they’ve previously said. Christmas was nearly upon us last year and she hadn’t a decoration up. Now after being at some decorating event she can’t wait to put her tree up …. Sure. We’ll see. I have a personal disdain for the misery of people putting the tree up a week before Xmas and even worse if you have kids. My friends mother was the ultimate misery growing up putting up on the tree on Xmas eve.

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
Whoever Mindy Browne is the two Mayo Scarys are both offering discount for it . The other wan has a scone video up now. Yawwwwn
Just another day in second year home economics.
Mindy Brownes is an interior shop 🤣 have nice stuff but wouldn’t go near it now the Huns are promoting it.

The two Mayo Beggys pitched against each other. Let’s the games begins….who will sell more Mindy Brownes 🤣🤣

Sarah Butler the Screeching Banshee vs Sarah Battle the Botox Bunny

Last edited:
  • Haha