Sarah Akwisombe #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see Jen Stanbrook (former smashing it super attendee) has set up a new thing for manifesting and menopause. Only £97 but the price will go up soon, get in quick. Crikey. She came out all contrite after the fiasco this year and realised she was played. Now she’s setting up a new thing which follows the same MLM strategy. Interesting
😂😂😂 what are you supposed to do? Manifest that you hit the hormone lottery, produce collagen forever & bypass menopause? What a pile of toss.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't think there is anything wrong with people wanting to set up their own business or go 'after their dreams' etc, I left my 9-5 a few years back to set up my own business and I'm much happier for it. However, I do think there is an issue when women are told that they need to set up a business or be a 'boss babe' to somehow be successful, the message should be to follow the path that's best for you, whether that's 9-5, working for yourself or whatever. This culture of seeing setting up your own business being the ultimate marker for success is damaging.
It’s not the businesses as such we all need businesses to live our lives especially product based and it’s great to see small businesses thrive , I just look around and it’s people peddling anything they can on and the main objective seems to be everyone wanting to be super rich , I’m just saying if everyone was self employed selling sketchy nonsense society would be fucked . I think the main thing I have a problem with is greed . The whole boss babe thing is very harmful , it’s not always the best thing for women .

That Jen is just as greedy for the cold hard cash in my opinion , she’s just doing it in a hippy dippy way and not shouting out how much she’s made from the rooftops .

I see Jen Stanbrook (former smashing it super attendee) has set up a new thing for manifesting and menopause. Only £97 but the price will go up soon, get in quick. Crikey. She came out all contrite after the fiasco this year and realised she was played. Now she’s setting up a new thing which follows the same MLM strategy. Interesting
Price ending in a 7? Check ✔
FOMO inducing price rise? Check ✔
Quirky title making it seem friendly? Check ✔

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wonder if it's a case of 'If you can't beat them, join them' and she's seen how easy it was for Sarah to do this and (at the moment) get away with it, so is trying it herself?

Either way, a crappy move on her part.

Reactions: 5
While we shout about this bossbabe stuff, men keep laughing their way to the top. I’m all for female entrepreneurship but we also need more women on the boards, which is mostly a 9-5 business (although it’s never actually 9-5 isn’t it). We need both.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just saw the post by Jen Stanbrook and I am SO DISAPPOINTED. When I realised she was one of the select few at that manor fiesta a few months back I had no doubt in my mind that she wanted to reinvent herself as a coach for women above a certain age.

It was obviously heading that way... she had started talking more about non-Pinterest things. Putting herself more out there (TTT technique?).

I like Jen a lot but don't need anyone whose not really figured it all out and is not themselves in a great place financially to be the person I am going to be accountable to... since when do we need someone to keep an eye on us and whether we stray from our chosen path in the first place...

NLP technique with capitals? Check ✔

This is getting boring now.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
While we shout about this bossbabe stuff, men keep laughing their way to the top. I’m all for female entrepreneurship but we also need more women on the boards, which is mostly a 9-5 business (although it’s never actually 9-5 isn’t it). We need both.
Completely with you.

There is far too much focus on all of this pink, boss babe nonsense which takes away from the very real fact that we need more women on the boards, in the senior positions, and running the businesses that aren't just a shroud for the patriarchy (like what Sarah's been doing).

• Heart
It’s new, it’s rough, it’s raw. I don’t have all the answers
yet but I’m looking for founding members 𝗡𝗢𝗪 to work with me, help me create 𝗘𝗫𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗟𝗬 what’s needed ready for a full launch in April 2021. You would have the opportunity to help me shape the idea. And you’d get to develop your business idea before everyone else joining in April.

𝗦𝗼 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬?

This offer is only available for a few days. I’m looking for a small group of women to join now for a 6 month commitment. You’ll pay just £97 or £19 per month. Future members will pay a LOT more.

Basically... even though YOU will commit YOUR time and energy to help Jen Stanbrook shape her non-descript idea of a paying female accountability group (which will cost HER nothing to set up - apart from making a charter or terms of reference, and setting up a facebook group like she usually does...), YOU will have to pay HER? Even though you will act as a founding member ADVISOR?

What is this nonsense?

Reactions: 13
It’s new, it’s rough, it’s raw. I don’t have all the answers
yet but I’m looking for founding members 𝗡𝗢𝗪 to work with me, help me create 𝗘𝗫𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗟𝗬 what’s needed ready for a full launch in April 2021. You would have the opportunity to help me shape the idea. And you’d get to develop your business idea before everyone else joining in April.

𝗦𝗼 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬?

This offer is only available for a few days. I’m looking for a small group of women to join now for a 6 month commitment. You’ll pay just £97 or £19 per month. Future members will pay a LOT more.

Basically... even though YOU will commit YOUR time and energy to help Jen Stanbrook shape her non-descript idea of a paying female accountability group (which will cost HER nothing to set up - apart from making a charter or terms of reference, and setting up a facebook group like she usually does...), YOU will have to pay HER? Even though you will act as a founding member ADVISOR?

What is this nonsense?
Does she think people are fools? Has she not seen what has gone on with Sarah...and what’s with the menopause? Makes my blood boil...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Just saw the post by Jen Stanbrook and I am SO DISAPPOINTED. When I realised she was one of the select few at that manor fiesta a few months back I had no doubt in my mind that she wanted to reinvent herself as a coach for women above a certain age.

It was obviously heading that way... she had started talking more about non-Pinterest things. Putting herself more out there (TTT technique?).

I like Jen a lot but don't need anyone whose not really figured it all out and is not themselves in a great place financially to be the person I am going to be accountable to... since when do we need someone to keep an eye on us and whether we stray from our chosen path in the first place...

NLP technique with capitals? Check ✔

This is getting boring now.
so interesting she's been mentioned. I've been wary of her approach for a good couple of years now. Her way of selling never felt right with me, and I'm glad people are noticing now.

Reactions: 4
Sarah...and what’s with the menopause?
You always need a common "enemy" in these MLM type things to create the artificial bond, sense of belonging and feeling of all working against something.

That "enemy" is usually The Patriarchy (getting boring now), the difficulty finding work that fits around family commitments (think every bloody makeup MLM), but this is the first time I have seen a physiological inevitability "othered" like this.

The next natural conclusion in this absolute jelly coated slide to the bottom is funeral MLMs!

This article explains it really well:

Honestly I’m so frigging sick of female “coaches” telling fellow females that they’re not enough. If you tell someone they need CLARITY, they’re going to start to doubt themselves.

I’m Jen’s target audience and good Lord, wtf does she think anyone is going to pay £120 for a 6 month CLARITY group with the common denominator being the menopause.

Interestingly, her and Sarah used to run a pinning course together. Didn’t last long.

On another note, does Sarah not proof read her posts? Love the Freudian slip...let’s see if she changes it after reading here!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 12
On another note, does Sarah not proof read her posts? Love the Freudian slip...let’s see if she changes it after reading here!
"I've had zero loss of orders so far"

Yeah you delivered 100% month on month sales and revenue growth too. Because you started from zero you stupid little girl. Let's see how viable this business is long term.

Easy to deliver huge growth from zero!! 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
for free U.K. delivery you have to spend £50 now (it used to be £30) - that went up quickly didn’t it

• Wow
Reactions: 6
So the menopause angle is deliberately homing in on the fact that women who are peri menopausal at are a strange hard stage in their life where they probably feel the need to do something or achieve something worthwhile or akin to a mid life crisis maybe . Honest to duck is there nothing people won’t take advantage of to reel women in ?

Would love to see Sarah on dragons den saying she sold 100 % in her first month of trading and Deborah Meaden or the like asking how many units that actually was 😅 and her saying eeeeer 20 .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Just did a quick inventory check on the site as it helpfully lists quantities available.

Excluding cards, they have £610 worth of inventory 😂😂😂😂😂

As we know, there's about £4/pack max net margin on the cards. Nudgify popup shows 46 customers have them in basket (so £184 if all baskets convert).

They're not replacing the scam income with this, that's for sure 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Today for the first time I actually had a look at the Toss Tragic website. The amateurism made me so angry, especially if you're going to borrow concepts from cultures you're not familiar with (this is a polite way of putting things).
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT SHE CALLED THIS CARD YINGYANG. NO. It's Yin and Yang, not yingyang. It's such a horrible, sloppy mistake. This is what copywriters and editors are for. The caption is unbearably cringy, and also unbelievably does not tell you what is Yin and what is Yang. I cannot believe I ever trusted this woman for business advice and decisions.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
So the menopause angle is deliberately homing in on the fact that women who are peri menopausal at are a strange hard stage in their life where they probably feel the need to do something or achieve something worthwhile or akin to a mid life crisis maybe . Honest to duck is there nothing people won’t take advantage of to reel women in ?

Would love to see Sarah on dragons den saying she sold 100 % in her first month of trading and Deborah Meaden or the like asking how many units that actually was 😅 and her saying eeeeer 20 .
This says it all

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.