Sarah Akwisombe #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really can’t be arsed can’t she - the Daniela Rubino “bits”, get your “bits” for Christmas... not even naming the products

I’m shocked this person works as a business coach. If I were Daniela Rubino I wouldn’t be that happy to have my creations called bits

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Looking forward to this! Brian Rose is probably the closest in contrepreneur methodology to Sarah Akwisombe - worth watching this:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It’s not under hand at all. It’s free. If any of Sarah’s customers end up taking her up on it & decide to move on to a paid course then it’s on them to make a decision based on due diligence, a need for the actual course & taking into consideration past experiences. They can say no & if they feel pressured then they should be stepping away from all courses until they can make decisions regarding them until such time as they can say yes with a clear mind & the ability to undertake due diligence. If they can’t undertake basic due diligence they should seriously be reconsidering setting up an actual business or outsourcing the administration, business & commerce side to someone who can.
With respect, with the rhetoric of lack of due diligence then maybe none of Sarah's ex clients should be undertaking any courses at all. What this tattle thread has proven, is that it was all smoke and mirrors and Sarah just chose what to show to the right people who were generally feeling panicked by lack of revenue, drying up of business etc. I am in no way saying this other lot are charlatans, I am merely highlighting why it's easy to be gaslit again after being drawn in by an out and out scammer

Reactions: 9
With respect, with the rhetoric of lack of due diligence then maybe none of Sarah's ex clients should be undertaking any courses at all. What this tattle thread has proven, is that it was all smoke and mirrors and Sarah just chose what to show to the right people who were generally feeling panicked by lack of revenue, drying up of business etc. I am in no way saying this other lot are charlatans, I am merely highlighting why it's easy to be gaslit again after being drawn in by an out and out scammer
If I was a legit coach/mentor/business advisor right now, I'd be absolutely furious with Sarah Akwisombe for creating an entirely natural nervousness around my sector.

I genuinely hope we see more of them coming out and condemning her publicly like Lianne Fricker has done.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Not really. Like I said it’s up to the individual to do due diligence. If they are scarred then step away until such time as they aren’t & can make sound decisions & do due diligence. It’s not rocket science.

Reactions: 3
If I was a legit coach/mentor/business advisor right now, I'd be absolutely furious with Sarah Akwisombe for creating an entirely natural nervousness around my sector.

I genuinely hope we see more of them coming out and condemning her publicly like Lianne Fricker has done.
Yep. It will make people look more carefully which can only be a good thing. The problem with non tangible products is measuring the success of a client. Same could be said in any teaching field, in reality.

Reactions: 6
I’m genuinely concerned for society to be honest with the current attitude of everyone having to be some sort of entrepreneur . If everyone had jobs like Sarah akwisombe , selling courses on how to coach people to sell coaches and the end result is always money , who the duck does the other jobs in society ? I get that some businesses provide services to people and that’s lovely but recently all I see is people wanting to be rich for doing very little . This selfish attitude to money and people wanting to one up others makes me pretty sick to be honest .

So what do you think Sarah’s next move will be ?
im calling crying to the press about being a working class hero who was targeted because she didn’t have qualifications and worked in Jd sports and how people don’t want to see working class croydon people succeed .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Not really. Like I said it’s up to the individual to do due diligence. If they are scarred then step away until such time as they aren’t & can make sound decisions & do due diligence. It’s not rocket science.
If you are talking about post akwisombe scarring then, yes I agree. My point was it didn't take much uncovering by tattle sleuths like @thetruthwill to see the BS from Sarah and yet, you could argue, nobody did their due diligence prior to taking her courses as it was all there if you scratched the surface otherwise why would you pay this woman for anything? Or did they do it and saw what they wanted to see

I’m genuinely concerned for society to be honest with the current attitude of everyone having to be some sort of entrepreneur . If everyone had jobs like Sarah akwisombe , selling courses on how to coach people to sell coaches and the end result is always money , who the duck does the other jobs in society ? I get that some businesses provide services to people and that’s lovely but recently all I see is people wanting to be rich for doing very little . This selfish attitude to money and people wanting to one up others makes me pretty sick to be honest .

im calling crying to the press about being a working class hero who was targeted because she didn’t have qualifications and worked in Jd sports and how people don’t want to see working class croydon people succeed .
I think you could be right! Except she spoke of her dad earning £100k+ when she was little (so with inflation, the equivalent of c£240k today), so we can harpoon her "working class hero" bullshit.

She may try the patriarchy or the "I was manipulated and became a puppet of Llewy", but again we can shoot that down as she was showing signs of this new "money above all else" attitude back in late 2019 when she bought the new South Croydon house and gazumped the other bidder.

I don't want to create false hopes, but look....

Screenshot_20201214_095929.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Looking forward to this! Brian Rose is probably the closest in contrepreneur methodology to Sarah Akwisombe - worth watching this:

What a numpty...🤦🏼‍♀️😩

With the current economic climate due to Covid and brexit, we are seeing the rise in people setting up small business as thousands are loosing their jobs.
This is a great time for the type of charlatan to swoop in as many people feel vulnerable and need to earn and income but are unaware of how to set up a business...
It’s a sad state of affairs....x

What a numpty...🤦🏼‍♀️😩

With the current economic climate due to Covid and brexit, we are seeing the rise in people setting up small business as thousands are loosing their jobs.
This is a great time for the type of charlatan to swoop in as many people feel vulnerable and need to earn and income but are unaware of how to set up a business...
It’s a sad state of affairs....x
*businesses

Last edited:
I’ve set up my own business because COVID meant I got made redundant, but this has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember... and I’m a product based business not service. So I don’t think it’s all bad that people are opening businesses and chasing dreams, but opportunists creating businesses without training, expertise, and ripping off innocent people is obviously worrying. Hopefully all of this will result in some sort of regulations for this

Reactions: 10
@Squirrelfriend I don’t think there is anything wrong with people wanting to make money per se - life is expensive, the distribution of wealth is shocking and the pandemic has highlighted to people that anything can happen to your main, or only, stream of income, so people quite rightly are trying to make themselves feel safer by starting up businesses around making money.

What matters is how and why they go about it. With Sarah, she had her eyes set on the ‘milli’ - for what reason? Because it sounded flashy / she wanted the exclusive title of millionaire / it was a marketing tool she could use to rope in women who also wanted to be a millionaire themselves. There was never any proper reasoning given from her behind needing to attain the figure of £1million except for wanting to leave a legacy for her girls. She mostly wanted it for status and leverage and to become an ‘authority’ in making money. And she has proved she was ready to trample on anybody (including her own husband and paying customers) to achieve it.

Reactions: 11
If you are talking about post akwisombe scarring then, yes I agree. My point was it didn't take much uncovering by tattle sleuths like @thetruthwill to see the BS from Sarah and yet, you could argue, nobody did their due diligence prior to taking her courses as it was all there if you scratched the surface otherwise why would you pay this woman for anything? Or did they do it and saw what they wanted to see
I don’t have to argue it as I stated on a post possibly last thread that it was always up to the individual to do due diligence prior to taking either any of Sarah’s courses or Sarah’s & Lewy’s. If they did & only saw what what they wanted to see then that’s on them to accept it, file a case with SCC or go down the path of chargeback etc then move on & put it all to bed.

Reactions: 1
I don't think there is anything wrong with people wanting to set up their own business or go 'after their dreams' etc, I left my 9-5 a few years back to set up my own business and I'm much happier for it. However, I do think there is an issue when women are told that they need to set up a business or be a 'boss babe' to somehow be successful, the message should be to follow the path that's best for you, whether that's 9-5, working for yourself or whatever. This culture of seeing setting up your own business being the ultimate marker for success is damaging.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve set up my own business because COVID meant I got made redundant, but this has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember... and I’m a product based business not service. So I don’t think it’s all bad that people are opening businesses and chasing dreams, but opportunists creating businesses without training, expertise, and ripping off innocent people is obviously worrying. Hopefully all of this will result in some sort of regulations for this
The industry self regulates via ICF or EMCC membership, reputable and ethical coaches will have affiliated or trained with them at some point.

Yes to starting your own business and setting attainable goals and income. No to sleeping with someone, outside of your marriage, and damaging your family in the step to the milli. Sarah showed her true colours, however much she blames Llewy.

• Heart
I think there was very much a "perfect storm" - looming recession, lockdown, people needing help with their businesses having a hard time due to COVID19 or on furlough/at risk of redundancy so looking to set up for themselves.

And along came someone who was relatable, seemed to have made a success of it, and could help. In the fear climate we were in back then, it was easy to get sucked in to someone who externally at least, was successful, reputable and looked like one of us.

On reflection, it was a cynical, mercenary play by Sarah Akwisombe (and of course Llewy - but it was Sarah who we bought into) to capitalise on fear and relieve people of their savings, their bounceback loans or their other sources of money.

In less fear laden times, I don't think her approach would have been as successful.

Certainly explains the rush to get the book out at the start doesn't it - establishing authority as the Contrepreneur Formula calls it.

On a plus side though, those follower numbers keep on falling!

Screenshot_20201214_122037.jpg

I don't think there is anything wrong with people wanting to set up their own business or go 'after their dreams' etc, I left my 9-5 a few years back to set up my own business and I'm much happier for it. However, I do think there is an issue when women are told that they need to set up a business or be a 'boss babe' to somehow be successful, the message should be to follow the path that's best for you, whether that's 9-5, working for yourself or whatever. This culture of seeing setting up your own business being the ultimate marker for success is damaging.
God, I can't wait until we can put all of this 'boss babe' and 'girl boss' nonsense to bed.

Liana Fricker said it right that we need to stop wasting our energy, time and talent on this 'pink glossy version of entrepreneurship' and I couldn't agree more.

• Heart
I see Jen Stanbrook (former smashing it super attendee) has set up a new thing for manifesting and menopause. Only £97 but the price will go up soon, get in quick. Crikey. She came out all contrite after the fiasco this year and realised she was played. Now she’s setting up a new thing which follows the same MLM strategy. Interesting

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I see Jen Stanbrook (former smashing it super attendee) has set up a new thing for manifesting and menopause. Only £97 but the price will go up soon, get in quick. Crikey. She came out all contrite after the fiasco this year and realised she was played. Now she’s setting up a new thing which follows the same MLM strategy. Interesting
I got that email today and my eyes rolled back so hard 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.