Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kitsunecrumpet

Urghhh this woman !!! Her latest grid post is astoundingly stupid. As an ex M&M customer (yeeted myself out of that group) in the creative industry I actually am infuriated with her. Creativity isn’t valued ?? Is that how she justifies to herself that she’s not rich anymore? Her words are idiotic. Creativity is massively valuable. Most of the worlds richest people are artists or entertainers. I have a senior role in a major creative company, do freelance on the side, collab with agencies. I make GREAT money. But then again I worked so hard on my craft, stuck to my niche, built my network from zero and didn’t scam people to the scale of a million pounds. I kept hoping that she’d make things right, that she could. That ship has sailed, the truth is out there for all to see. This shitshow is on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Marmitecrumpet

Chatty Member
Urghhh this woman !!! Her latest grid post is astoundingly stupid. As an ex M&M customer (yeeted myself out of that group) in the creative industry I actually am infuriated with her. Creativity isn’t valued ?? Is that how she justifies to herself that she’s not rich anymore? Her words are idiotic. Creativity is massively valuable. Most of the worlds richest people are artists or entertainers. I have a senior role in a major creative company, do freelance on the side, collab with agencies. I make GREAT money. But then again I worked so hard on my craft, stuck to my niche, built my network from zero and didn’t scam people to the scale of a million pounds. I kept hoping that she’d make things right, that she could. That ship has sailed, the truth is out there for all to see. This shitshow is on her.
She’s bitter as she’s not actually creative, she’s been nibbling at other peoples ideas all along

Interior design style was copied from her former mates. 2LG (not seen them gushingly tagged for a while…)

Music… the less said about that the better! If she was talented she would have progressed

Fashion… unless you’re 15 she’s not really creative there

Blogging/writing… is woeful and reads like a teenager

Graphic Design… she pays other people to do it

She hit a series of lucky breaks and is now bitter and jealous of actual creatives as she has no discernible creative skills to create a new chapter

She’s not actually the creative she thinks she is. As you rightly point out she has never honed a skill in her life. That’s why she can’t make money in the creative world, not because there’s no value there

Just dressing a bit “alternative” does not make a creative 🤦🏻‍♀️ so no, no one is going to pay for that.

She’s making herself look bitter and foolish not the industry, that’s keeps on creating as it was schooled to do!

Truesay

I remember years ago Sarah did a story whilst she was watching Fyre Fest and she described it as unbelievable/f****** crazy (or something to that effect).

Knowing that she has watched it, surely she can draw parallels to what she did this time last year?

All I see in her post is
My reputation
My business
My kids
My time
My health
My marriage

What about
My clients that I ripped off, scammed and refuse to reimuburse?

All I'm seeing is that she needed to know she could make a million pounds. Stealing it is irrelevant. She just needed to know she could get 1 million into her bank account by any means necessary.

• Heart

Squirrelfriend

Chatty Member
Sarah Sarah Sarah … talk about twisting a narrative to suit yourself .

a) Refund people and stop acting the victim.

b) Accept you aren’t and have never been a business expert . Having social media clout ( that you no longer have as a result of your own actions ) doesn’t equal business expertise .

c) Absolutely no one is harassing or trolling you , they are writing on a site that is a platform that allows people to comment because you deleted and blocked any dissenting voice . For a so called social media expert you don’t seem to know much .

d) Unless you apologise and stop seeking validation from followers online you are financially bust.

• Heart

LadyPainterDeco

VIP Member
seriously! she's still on with this shit. Lord.
She’s hasn’t got any better tag line...

Here’s the recap, not just the link...

UK blogger/influencer Sarah Akwisombe has recently been the focal point of a major controversy involving unethical selling of courses to the female SME sector, failed service delivery, false claims around revenues and results, and refusal to refund over £200k to clients affected by non-delivery of service.

Naturally, this has considerable potential to negatively impact the reputation of organisations she is working with (and has worked with previously), resulting in several already taking steps to distance themselves.

A brief summary of key events is below, followed by links to the national and international media coverage of the fallout from the situation:

- Sarah Akwisombe she was going to make a million pounds in lockdown and show everyone how she did it
- At the same time, launched multiple new group coaching courses as well as 1-2-1 coaching services
- Service levels for both group coaching/courses and private clients fall short after 4 months. People are unhappy
- Late September saw Sarah share a video saying she had "made a million".
- Days later, Sarah posts a video saying she had let everyone down, the service was poor, remaining months on the courses were cancelled
- Transpired the million pounds included forward booked business, so approximate splits were £600k banked, £400k forward booked and not yet billable
- Sarah Akwisombe deleted multiple social posts and videos as clients started to demand refunds
- Sarah starts blocking anyone who questions her
- Some people have been able to reclaim refunds from their banks, which is good news, many others still fighting. Sarah claims £75k refunded. At least £200k of refund claims currently being fought for by clients.

Links to all Tattle threads:
https://tattle.life/tags/sarah-akwisombe/

Links to key media and assets:

Undelete - all deleted social content
https://uk.undelete.news/account/5834#/

Refinery29
https://www.refinery29.com/amp/en-gb/money-manifesting-life-coaching-instagram

Women on Top part 1
https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment

Women on Top part 2 https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment-part-2

Women on Top part 3https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment-podcast

Metro
https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/04/why-...3696780/#metro-comments-container?ito=cbshare

The Independent
https://inews.co.uk/opinion/money-manifesting-courses-finance-covid-19-739366

Vice
https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7agxa/does-manifesting-money-work

Medium

Polit RU
https://m.polit.ru/article/2020/11/27/experimentmoney/

Video clip where Sarah Akwisombe says all that matters was getting money in, never mind about servicing the business

Akwisombe and her attempted use of Caroline Flack's anniversary, resultant fallout and revelations from victims
15/02/21 saw Sarah Akwisombe face a huge social media backlash, as well as massive outrage on multiple Tattle threads, after she attempted to leverage the anniversary of Caroline Flack's suicide to deflect attention from herself, likening the threads and social media communities of her victims (who were sharing knowledge and supporting each other in legal claims for refused refunds) to the tabloid press in the Flack case, before going on a second attack, calling users of Tattle "dutty human beings":

Screenshot_20210215_170819_com.instagram.android.jpg

Screenshot_20210215_205233.jpg

This resulted in a considerable outpouring from women who had been vulnerable during the Smashing It course, and now were suffering serious mental ill health effects as a result of being scammed. All these testimonials can be found on page 3 onwards on Tattle thread #10 about Sarah Akwisombe:

Screenshot_20210218_000702.jpg

Screenshot_20210218_000629.jpg

Reactions: 15

harveydean

VIP Member
You simply can’t enter the “spiritual” community with a weird, sarky attitude and conwoman after your name

• Heart

Truesay

I expressed dissatisfaction with SI pretty much at the time and was of course shut down by Jason's blanket email.
I still haven't got round to submitting my claim to the SCC, purely because I want absolutely nothing to do with that scammer. I'm sure I am not the only one that feels this way.

Perhaps the person that's come forward now has found some strength in addressing the whirlwind Sarah Akwisombe put everyone through.

Intimidating this person on her stories pretty much sums Sarah Akwisombe up. She is worse than TTT in my eyes.

really_whythough

Chatty Member
That story page where she finds the person unbelievable who is now requesting a refund truly shows her insane level of arrogance, refusal to accept ANY responsibility or to do right by her paying customers. She’s a lost cause, a true narcissist and clearly cares about nothing other than her self and her self image.

Agree she’s posting that in a shaming, intimidating way. WELL SARAH, IT’S YOU WHO SHOULD BE ASHAMED. You led these people on and under delivered, as you admitted yourself. The courts rule you did, that’s the end of it.

Love all these new names popping up with real world info about her shady and unprofessional behaviour. More please! And she’s still trying to align herself as pals with 2LG, hopefully they see her for what she is and keep the hell away.

• Heart

frozenwasteland

Money dried up for them and she’s getting increasingly desperate
She must’ve honestly thought she would get away with it, and completely denied the possibility that people would actually seek refunds through the legal system. That backfired immensely. She’s literally scraping the bottom of the barrel for sympathy then, crossing her fingers hoping for some kind of change in her favor.

Had to laugh at the «they got me kicked off partnerships»-comment, as well as the «they’re not letting me move on». Uhm, no Sarah, you got yourself kicked off partnerships by being a scammer nobody wants to associate themselves with. And in fact, you’re not letting the people you scammed move on because they haven’t gotten the closure they deserved. You literally did this to yourself. Thinking it would just fizzle out is insane, especially considering the amount of money you stole.

• Heart

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
She’s fucking mocking the people she stole from. Absolute heartless c***. If she can make this admission and the deleted car tears live then she knows full well what she’s done to people. She is a con artist and nothing more. A low down, greedy, soulless, scammer and not even very good at it. Idiot.

harveydean

VIP Member
If you haven’t already headed over to the Champions of Mind / The Terrible Twins thread I suggest you do - their downfall is coming (watch Rhys Davies rant last night!)

I don’t know how Sarah Akwisombe can sleep at night knowing she willingly introduced her audience to these dangerous mad men, then walked away and claimed innocence. The thread wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for her

• Wow

therealme

In fact my customers would be appalled if I started miming to movie quotes on Instagram!! As would I be if I saw anyone I pay money to for a service - even my hairdresser - I’d be like how have you got time for this 🤷‍♀️ - let alone anyone who would offer me other financial and / or professional services.

Its simply showing her lack of expertise and the fact she *was* only relevant to service / product based businesses who’s main promotion was IG.
Honestly I wish that social media in general would just fuck off into a corner, curl up and die a death. So sick of the toxic influencer, wannabe, fake it till you make it disingenuous culture it seems to perpetuate.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

screamqueen

VIP Member
First of all, POWAA is cringe. Hip and down with the yout' dem...fuck off Sarah. Secondly, her post about 'time for a clear out so just leave if you aren't into me' is blatantly a way to look like she has control of her falling numbers....'well, I told them to leave so I call the shots.' Rather than the reality which is rats are leaving that sinking suburban ship
What's absolutely hilarious is that Sarah repeatedly refers to us Tattlers as middle-aged - firstly, like that's a bad thing, secondly like she's not around the same age as most of us anyway, and thirdly, by using these STUPID 'down with the kids' slang, she makes herself look like an old, out of touch fuddy-duddy. Honestly Sarah, the second-hand embarrassment we all have for you and these stupid posts is off the scale. God knows what your friends must feel like when you talk like this, it's ridiculous.

• Haha

tesla_tits

Yessss 🙌 I was worried this was quietening down but it’s only just getting started... Sarah best be quaking in her boots with what’s coming. And no, that’s not a threat - it’s a deserved outcome to being a scamming, insincere, narcissistic, manipulative fraud who had multiple opportunities to fix things and move on but instead decided to ruin her own life.

Minxmonx

VIP Member
I was actually starting to feel a little bit sorry for her until I read this.

Awful woman.
Don’t ever feel sorry for her. That woman never ceases to amaze how low she can stoop. She has even got her daughter to send aggressive verbal messages to her “ haters “ on IG Stories on her behalf. How awful is that to drag your young daughter into the 💩show which is of your making!

Interesting to see the interiors thing start to crop up with Sarah as that's how I came across her many years ago in her previous life as a "designer". She latched herself onto anyone who could give her a hand up and in all honesty, the interior huns on instagram are so cliquey that she knew the only way to get a foothold and bullshit her way into the industry was by feeding off them.
It may be an unpopular opinion with some readers but as somebody who knows most of the people being mentioned in the interiors world I can confirm that at times it's completely and utterly fucking toxic. It's mainly dominated by women (or gay men ....stereotype much?) and they are some of the bitchiest, nastiest people I've ever come across. In a room together they kiss each others arses and show 'support' in the spirit of women supporting women. They look down on newcomers and often snub them. But behind the scenes they bitch and insult their so called 'friends'.
Most are so far up their own arses its painful to watch. They all believe they're the best at what they do and walk around like they're curing fucking cancer or something!
That whole world has become rife with people who are seeking one thing, and one thing only....Fame and Fortune. And instagram has created that for many. They don't care who they trample on or how they achieve it. Very few people touting themselves as designers have actually got the credentials to back it up. Most are self taught and winging in the spirit of 'fake it till you make it'. It's a load of bollocky-wank-shite and it infuriates me!
The industry is now saturated with 'wannabes'. If you haven't written and interiors book, done tonnes of brand collaborations and have your own podcast then who even are you in interior design?
Sarah Akwisombe had a perfect fit in the industry but as others have pointed out, she burnt her bridges with those that are perceived to be important.
I know she's still friends with 2LG but seriously, don't be fooled by their 'making living lovely' bollocks. I've stood with them and listened to them slagging so many people off in the industry before behind their backs. At the core of these two is a deep rooted desire to be famous come hell or high water and they've trampled on and used many others to get there. Thats why Sarah's still friends with them. We'll see what their Changing Rooms debut brings...
Mad About The House appears to know what she's talking about - successful newspaper column, several books, podcast blah blah fucking blah. She's as stuck up as they come and in reality I think she's been winging it for a long time and it's her following that basically keeps her afloat. She disects the interiors industry to make it easier for people to understand but is most definitely not an interior designer and has no training or accreditation to back up what she knows. It's just regurgitated shit you can find anywhere and lots of her oh so important opinions on everything. Stick a cork in it for once!
Pink House Living has a reputation for snubbing people at events and only speaking to those in her clique. Her instagram reveals as much. I once witnessed her followers wade in on somebody who highlighted the fact that she seemed to have a lot of #gifted content in her sons room she'd recently decorated. Sarah Akwisombe actually commented telling the women to "go calm down and have a cup of tea dear as it's got nothing to do with you"..... Who the fuck actually only decorates exclusively in pink? Her house looks ridiculous and her I feel for her long suffering husband for putting up with her.
Collectively they're a bunch of passive aggressive cunts who, much like their interiors, put on a pretty facade but in reality they're just basic bitches with very little actual talent.
Rant Over.
I am also from the Interiors industry and can totally agree with what you are saying.
When I started out I contacted some of the people mentioned, including SA, and got absolutely no help or advice from these people in how to start up in this difficult industry. Now that I am successful, by working my butt off to get there without any connections, advice or help ( financial or otherwise ) I ALWAYS respond to emails from people now asking me for advice in how to break into the interiors industry.
I don’t have these types of connections within the industry because of the arrogance, bitchiness and absolutely no desire to help others when they start out.
SA was the right fit for those people mentioned, but as far as I can see, most have cut her off now as don’t want her name to drag them down.

She has her own thread on here somewhere.....You know you've 'made' it when your name starts cropping up on tattle and that leads to your very own thread 🤣 The whole interiors influencer culture is just so incredibly tiresome.
Again, this may be an unpopular opinion with some readers but if you look closely there's a golden thread which seems to run through all of the interior huns on instagram and their picture perfect homes. And it starts and finishes with their husbands and the rather well paid jobs they have.
Most of them wouldn't have shit if it wasn't for the fact that hubby is out working his bollocks off 7 days a week to pay for it all. Many (not all) try to dress their careers in interiors up as being a raging success with their independent woman narrative and their constant moaning about their children and husbands in a "oh it's just a joke, aren't I funny" tone. The whole industry fucking reeks of privilege!
And that's why it always surprised me when Sarah Akwisombe moved away from it because it always seemed to have such a great fit where her moral and ethical compass is concerned.
I’m one of the good guys in Interiors. Worked hard to get where I am, and help people on all incomes. Plus I’m a nice person 😉

Last edited:
  • Heart

therealme

Ah pink house living the one with the swing 🤮🤮 yes the interiors scene on Instagram etc is toxic as hell .
She has her own thread on here somewhere.....You know you've 'made' it when your name starts cropping up on tattle and that leads to your very own thread 🤣 The whole interiors influencer culture is just so incredibly tiresome.
Again, this may be an unpopular opinion with some readers but if you look closely there's a golden thread which seems to run through all of the interior huns on instagram and their picture perfect homes. And it starts and finishes with their husbands and the rather well paid jobs they have.
Most of them wouldn't have shit if it wasn't for the fact that hubby is out working his bollocks off 7 days a week to pay for it all. Many (not all) try to dress their careers in interiors up as being a raging success with their independent woman narrative and their constant moaning about their children and husbands in a "oh it's just a joke, aren't I funny" tone. The whole industry fucking reeks of privilege!
And that's why it always surprised me when Sarah Akwisombe moved away from it because it always seemed to have such a great fit where her moral and ethical compass is concerned.

• Heart

Soya_b

Plenty are, yeah.
Good to see as whatever is going on in the background has finally hit Sarah. The reason for this thread was to for the women affected to gather information and vent their frustration on the gaslighting from Sarah via her social media and on this thread. Not mention she was still trying to sell her courses and dismiss the refunds. Unlike the other tattle threads which was general gossip etc on other influencers this thread was to my understanding more to raise the profile of the scan and from the looks from the TTT thread it has done it job. There was some negative pressure via petition about some of the threads. This thread those who are affected or just following has certainly pushed some serious discussions about how women have been affected my scamming in the pandemic and the so called ' women supporting women' movement.

get in touch with Scbusiness3 on Twitter
She’s helped a lot of people and still is
I didn't loose any money from Sarah. I didn't buy any of her courses. I worked with her. I knew what she was doing behind the scenes. When I share what I have. This is going to truly shock people. I didn't think she would take it this far. Although I'm not surprised. She was so damaged as a struggling musician at some point she decided to damage others that she knew she would trust her and she beloved less smart than her. So sad

• Wow