Samantha Maria/BeautyCrush - New Year, New Hair, Same BS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm going to give Sammi the benefit of the doubt. A lot of my mixed race friends with white partners are having a crisis at the moment. Realising they've spent their lives avoiding black people/black spaces and having to play a role in all white spaces is stifling. Add on top the micro aggressions and racism they've waved away for years. It's the same with my black friends who went to all white schools/date exclusively white/have white circles only. It's almost like a reckoning. I mean people have made comments about Sammi being uncomfortable with her black side for years and she's never educated herself on it but I think now she's trying. Yes could it be a cynical cash grab? Maybe but maybe not.
You raised some good points. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone but from conversations with one of my close mixed friend, she grew up with an absentee black father and mainly around her white family, and she felt that since she grew up mainly around white people, that's who she identified with the most. She mainly dated white guys and didn't have close black friends until uni, she's only recently started to look back at some of the conversations we had about race a few years ago and really hear what I was saying. I won't pretend to know Sammi's family history and background, but she reminds me of my friend. Someone who has never really fully confronted the fact that they are half black and half white...and are at the point where they feel like they are ready and willing to learn and understand their black heritage more.

Reactions: 7
I think it was the choice of words. I understand what you are getting at, however what I was trying to get across is that some people’s experiences (in this case Sam) is not the same for all and that there plenty of people that are mixed race and Black who aren’t in an interracial relationship as a way to dismiss their blackness and that not all will be experiencing a crisis!
Ofcourse BLM will have prompted difficult conversations for some and from the things that Sam has said and hinted at, that’s definitely been the case for her, whether that’s her family or Jason or both!

I think it was the choice of words. I understand what you are getting at, however what I was trying to get across is that some people’s experiences (in this case Sam) is not the same for all and that there plenty of people that are mixed race and Black who aren’t in an interracial relationship as a way to dismiss their blackness and that not all will be experiencing a crisis!
Ofcourse BLM will have prompted difficult conversations for some and from the things that Sam has said and hinted at, that’s definitely been the case for her, whether that’s her family or Jason or both!
I don’t think the other font should be apologising to you tbh. She never ever said ALL mixed race and black people in interracial relationships or predominantly white environments experience/behave like this. She was talking about HER circles and HER experiences she’s seen - you can’t argue with that. I personally have seen/experienced the same thing and ‘reckoning’ is definitely the right word as this is now a time where all eyes are on black people and those that do intentionally or unintentionally not associate with their blackness, are being forced to acknowledge it - a notion that those particular people will be confused, scared or lack the understanding and education to do

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I assume they mean that she is gay or bisexual.

I didn't get that impression but I would be so sad if that were the case. Not because of her sexuality but that she would have missed out being herself and exploring it for a part of her life. I know it happens to a lot of people but it makes me so sad, people should be able to love who they want and experience that the same way heterosexual people get to.
Omg I assumed people were referring to Jason coming out!!

I was thinking about him liking females' instagram photos as previously discussed and wondering what I had maybe missed.

I definitely see it as more likely that Sam would come out, but hadn't considered it before I read this... I guess that could lend itself to explaining an amicable split?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don’t think the other font should be apologising to you tbh. She never ever said ALL mixed race and black people in interracial relationships or predominantly white environments experience/behave like this. She was talking about HER circles and HER experiences she’s seen - you can’t argue with that. I personally have seen/experienced the same thing and ‘reckoning’ is definitely the right word as this is now a time where all eyes are on black people and those that do intentionally or unintentionally not associate with their blackness, are being forced to acknowledge it - a notion that those particular people will be confused, scared or lack the understanding and education to do
I didn’t ask or want an apology, I was simply asking her how many friends she had in these exact same situations as Sam in order to be able to form an opinion such as that and to state these people are facing a reckoning? The definition of Reckoning is to “the avenging or punishing of past misdeeds / mistakes” that doesn’t sit right with me especially as she relates it to these people being with a white partner. Those two things (dismissing blackness and having a white partner) aren’t ultimately intertwined?

Reactions: 1
I didn’t ask or want an apology, I was simply asking her how many friends she had in these exact same situations as Sam in order to be able to form an opinion such as that and to state these people are facing a reckoning? The definition of Reckoning is to “the avenging or punishing of past misdeeds / mistakes” that doesn’t sit right with me especially as she relates it to these people being with a white partner. Those two things (dismissing blackness and having a white partner) aren’t ultimately intertwined?
As previously stated, I just don’t think you understand what she was trying to say tbh. For whatever reason sounds like something she said triggered you. I’m not going to argue and the thread is now derailed so let’s just talk about Sammi and co ✌

Reactions: 14

I was thinking about him liking females' instagram photos as previously discussed and wondering what I had maybe missed.

I definitely see it as more likely that Sam would come out, but hadn't considered it before I read this... I guess that could lend itself to explaining an amicable split?

😂 no I was talking about Sam

I thought exactly the same! I think it was the vest...?
I didn't get the vibe, and I don't think its the vest, there everywhere in fashion atm.

Although I did think her latest video was a bit boring, there wasn't really any catching up rather than, I've moved I'm separated (which we all already new, even outside of this forum) and a lot of umming and ahhing.

I've seen comments with people saying "shes acting real", but I didn't get that, to me she seemed bored, or a bit blazé about it all.

Maybe she was uncomfortable, but I think back to her travelling videos, Coachella springs to mind here... she was so happy, she was with Tasha .. that's the Happy Sam I know, I know we grow and we change but this latest video, my opinion, I don't think she was as woke as we are all making out.

Reactions: 8

After reading everything else in the thread this was a pleasant surprise and made me burst out laughing. Jason coming out would spin 2020 even more so, at this point anything could happen.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
For what it's worth, I believe she said she was bisexual years ago. I don't think she's ever been with a woman though, so who knows

Reactions: 7
As someone else mentioned, he definitely seems very active now on insta, stories everyday and selfies 🤢 he looks desperate 😒
He is gross! He really fancies himself too which makes it worse. I dread to think of the state of his sent messages.

The very casual way she talks about the separation makes me think that maybe they weren't really living as a couple for quite a while before officially separating - perhaps they were just kind of co-existing in one space because it was easier/cheaper than splitting up. It would make sense coz they seemed to be living quite separate lives - Sam making her own dinners with Jason getting takeaways etc.

Reactions: 20
I love her hair in her latest insta!
Once September hits it’ll be back to straight weaves

For what it's worth, I believe she said she was bisexual years ago. I don't think she's ever been with a woman though, so who knows
That’ll be the next trend to hop on probably
Lesbians mums of colour 2020

She’ll do anything to stay relevant tbh

I don’t think these old school youtubers realise that they’re burning out

😂 no I was talking about Sam
I also assumed you were talking about Jason, and I was thinking this is about to get interesting.

Anyway, as a long time viewer, I know that Sam has definitely mentioned being bi before. But at the time I think the general consensus was she was trying to be "cool".

Reactions: 5
I also assumed you were talking about Jason, and I was thinking this is about to get interesting.

Anyway, as a long time viewer, I know that Sam has definitely mentioned being bi before. But at the time I think the general consensus was she was trying to be "cool".
Grace was saying the same around that time too wasn't she? And Sammie had the tumbler with naked or half naked women images regularly appearing, or am I confusing her with someone else?

What the hell is that update vlog about. She looks very odd. Puffy face dreadful hair and rambling. Acting like separating from the gnome was all cool.

Thing is, they (chewbas) share how the met, moving into together / appartment *flat* tour, dating, holidays as a couple,omg engagement vids and irt proposals, engagement pics, hen dos, then the huge OUR WEDDING, the hunny *honey* moon, our house, furnishing our home, inseminated with his child vids! The birth story, baby pics, blah blah blah - but then when they're separated they demand privacy?!? We've seen IT ALL, but now we're told not to be nosey... ughh i need the tea!

(Sammi is not the only one who has done this, obviously.)

• Haha
Reactions: 36
It’s so frustrating...At least give us little ☕ after we’ve had to endure watching his miserable face in the background of your vlogs all these years 😖

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.