Samantha Maria/BeautyCrush - New Year, New Hair, Same BS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if people in her personal life have confronted her about her obvious issues around her own identity, as a WOC, and suggested she change her own attitude before she passes it on to her daughter.
Thing is, Indie passes. Samantha doesn’t. Both mixed but will live in two different worlds. Still never will be as bad as a black dark skinned woman’s though.

Reactions: 8
I used to watch and follow her religiously but find her so boring now! What happened 😴

Reactions: 5
I did too! I used to love watching her outfit videos, now I absolutely hate how she dresses. I unsubscribed a while ago because she’s just so incredibly bland now..
I liked that her style had a little grungy edge
I can't stand her husband either. I never watch her videos anymore

Reactions: 1
I'm fully black so can't personally speak on the mixed race experience but I worked with some sociologists who interviewed a group of mixed people across London and most of the mixed race people interview said that they feel like they're never white enough for the white people or black enough for the black people. The mixed race people I know feel like they have to pick to be either black or white to assimilate into whichever environment they've grown up most around.

Reactions: 22
I'm fully black so can't personally speak on the mixed race experience but I worked with some sociologists who interviewed a group of mixed people across London and most of the mixed race people interview said that they feel like they're never white enough for the white people or black enough for the black people. The mixed race people I know feel like they have to pick to be either black or white to assimilate into whichever environment they've grown up most around.

Sounds familiar! People say you get the best of both worlds, but actually it just feels like I don't fit into either. There is a quote I like, I mostly relate it to me being an immigrant, but it kind of applies "too foreign for home, too foreign for here, never enough for both." I've also had this conversation with many a mixed race child at school.

Reactions: 13
Sounds familiar! People say you get the best of both worlds, but actually it just feels like I don't fit into either. There is a quote I like, I mostly relate it to me being an immigrant, but it kind of applies "too foreign for home, too foreign for here, never enough for both." I've also had this conversation with many a mixed race child at school.
Yep to the foreign point. I'm African, born in England though, and in the country, my parents are from people ridicule you for being "British/English" and in England, you don't feel like you fit completely.
I think it's sad about the mixed-race point because I can definitely see that as well. Just really bloody tit that people can't just be a lot of the time :(

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Yep to the foreign point. I'm African, born in England though, and in the country, my parents are from people ridicule you for being "British/English" and in England, you don't feel like you fit completely.
I think it's sad about the mixed-race point because I can definitely see that as well. Just really bloody tit that people can't just be a lot of the time :(
Yup, I understand that completely. I was the only kid in my primary class not born in the UK, and parents from further than Ireland, and all the things I got teased about for being weird, we're actually just what I term my immigrantisms. I worked with a lot of first gen African kids in my last school, we bonded over confederation cup even though Bafana was always out early haha. They class themselves as African because the bond to their parent's country was still strong. However, a lot of them struggled the first time they visited, and it's more to do with being made to feel like they didn't quite fit...we are all human so why do we need to make people feel like they don't belong?

I can see how easy it would be for Sammi to just "be white" to fit in with the immediate family she grew up with. I wonder if her black side tried to help educate her, or just teased her. Mine take the piss when I don't know Indian Gods, or pronounce roti differently.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
So Jason is back to his gross, inappropriate ways with women (who am I kidding, I'm sure he never stopped). Found out through the other thread he's been religiously liking pics of @milliehannahhh on insta who apparently only turned 20. You can see for yourself he likes every single provocative photo she posts (can't be bothered liking the less provocative/more covered up ones though 🙃)
what’s even worse is that though she is now 20 (her bday was in April), he was liking her pictures when she was 19 and probably before that. And just liked this photo, that was taken last year when she was 18/19, that kinda looks like she’s edited her nips out. Either way, it’s a topless photo of a group of teenagers. It’s super perverted he’s liking this. I don’t care if she’s legal, I feel sorry for Sam to have such a peeping-tom of a husband, gross. I don’t want to know why his p*rn searches are.

p.s. no hate to this girl she is gorgeous & can post whatever she wants. It’s just a shame she’s got guys like this on her page.
B39F3E87-8B8E-4C7E-BD15-307B459C7B42.jpeg

Reactions: 3
I reckon she's been having VERY difficult conversations with Jason and her family during this time. Kinda feel sorry for her because who does she have that she's close to that she feels would understand just like her? I know she's friends with Tasha so maybe her

Reactions: 15
I reckon she's been having VERY difficult conversations with Jason and her family during this time. Kinda feel sorry for her because who does she have that she's close to that she feels would understand just like her? I know she's friends with Tasha so maybe her
I don't know. I don't see her as the type of person to have any serious conversations with anyone in her family. Especially not with Jason since she's always been his doormat. Unfortunately.

Reactions: 7
Just wanted to throw in my two cents as I'm mixed race (Indian/English)! I'm very much white-passing (I tan a lot in the summer, but it's more an olive/golden tan than Indian brown) and honestly I always felt like that decision about what I "really" am was made for me because of that. I've never felt like I'm Indian even though I'm half because of the colour of my skin. It's definitely left me with a lot of bad feelings, especially given my brother is a lot darker than me. Not trying to say that his life is a walk in the park - he has to deal with a lot of prejudice that I avoid by being white-passing - but I do also feel that he's had an easier time connecting to that side of our heritage. Equally, I know he's had a much harder time in the white communities that we've grown up in because he stands out more visibly. Most people don't know that I'm Indian until they meet my Indian parent or I tell them (and I've often been told that I'm not actually Indian when I first tell people that I'm half-Indian because of my skin). It's definitely a difficult situation, and I think even more so for people who don't have the privilege of looking like the people in their community. I hate that I'm at times grateful for looking like my white parent, but there really are many times when, despite my own personal difficulties, I'm glad I don't stand out in my white, suburban community.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Was about to post the same thing!! Quarantine and BLM has really made this girl think and I’m here for it. Big changes Sammi!! Even the fact she hasn’t posted about Jason for Father’s Day says a lottttt

Reactions: 15
Oh good I hope this means she gets a divorce. She might as well be a single parent anyway. All Jason does is drag her down.

Reactions: 24

I’m mixed race and I think I can relate to Samantha in a sense due to not grown up around black family members as much or had my dad in my life. Same as her.

But I went to a very mixed school and I have friends of all races. I don’t deny my blackness. I accept my black hair and culture.

With her I feel like because she gained attention for the fake blonde curly weave and blue eyes. She now caters towards whiteness because it keeps her stats or believes it does if she looks more white. Which isn’t true because you can be black and successful. I just think she prefer to look more Caucasian if I’m totally honest.

It isn’t just her look at mixed white and East Asians. Most try and look white too.

I think because whiteness is on such a pedestal you try and look more white then black or asian because you know it’ll gain you attention or is considered “beautiful”.

Thing what I’ve noticed too especially in the U.K. is many mixed race people always seem to have white partners. Unless they’re on a council estate. Most do tend to have white partners and that says something. Not always but still.

Was about to post the same thing!! Quarantine and BLM has really made this girl think and I’m here for it. Big changes Sammi!! Even the fact she hasn’t posted about Jason for Father’s Day says a lottttt
She’s just posting for trend. Let’s be honest.

Even if she left Jason she’ll find another white guy. Everyone wants her to be more involved with black people but this girl just has no intention of getting with a black man or being with anyone of colour.

But then again why are we even bothered? If she prefers white guys then leave her be.

Bollocks

Nah I’m not saying that BLM means she’ll no longer date white men just BLM has made her question who she’s around

Reactions: 3
Nah I’m not saying that BLM means she’ll no longer date white men just BLM has made her question who she’s around
I doubt it

I think she needs full on therapy to be quite honest not even just on her blackness or husband but her self confidence and skin needs sorting too because I think she picks

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.