Sam & Nic Chapman #2 moan & brag but this is not an #AD.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not being funny but what’s wrong with her trying to save a few grand having it done abroad? Just because (people assume) she can doesn’t mean she should. If you’re not careful with money it doesn’t last, she’s being careful.

Reactions: 13
She said it's a much higher dose of chemo - twice as much - if done in the UK, so I'm sure that played a part in her decision along with the cost.

Reactions: 5
She is brave to go through all that, alone in another country where she might not speak the language (I’m sure they will use English with her but nuances can be missed). It sounds very intense.

Reactions: 1
She wasn’t alone, Ian was with her. But still so harrowing to go through that and not seeing your kids for that long 🥺 must have been so difficult

Reactions: 3
How can you judge her for choosing to go to Mexico for this treatment? You just can’t when you’re not in her shoes. We don’t know any of the reasons why she chose that over other options, it’s not right to speculate even.

And also they were quite successful makeup artists, assisting on LFW and even keyed some shows.

Reactions: 9
How can you judge her for choosing to go to Mexico for this treatment? You just can’t when you’re not in her shoes. We don’t know any of the reasons why she chose that over other options, it’s not right to speculate even.

And also they were quite successful makeup artists, assisting on LFW and even keyed some shows.
That's the same as judging parents or anyone for that matter who do 'go fund me" etc to raise money for treatment abroad for their kids/loved ones. You'd go anywhere you could.....wouldn't you?!

Reactions: 2
I don’t think anyone is judging her for choosing what’s right for her, I hope it didn’t come across as judging when I asked why. I was genuinely curious as to why Mexico over the uk or anywhere else as I know the treatment is available on the nhs and Mexico is kinda far when the borders are closing at seemingly random times, and as I said wrongly I always wonder if there’s something experimental. I didn’t realise it was leading the way in ms and hsct treatment. At the end of the day everyone’s health is different and you can only choose what’s right for you and just by watching her clips so far no one can say she just went on a holiday.

Reactions: 10
I think it’s great she’s documenting it. I don’t think people were being judgemental on here at all, it’s normal to ask questions especially when it’s something health related people don’t generally want to ask the person directly. It’s a topic which isn’t discussed a lot on SM so i think it’s great she will be able to shine a light on the treatment available in Mexico. I really hope it helps her and others

I think it’s great she’s documenting it. I don’t think people were being judgemental on here at all, it’s normal to ask questions especially when it’s something health related people don’t generally want to ask the person directly. It’s a topic which isn’t discussed a lot on SM so i think it’s great she will be able to shine a light on the treatment available in Mexico. I really hope it helps her and others
It was more the suggestion that she *should* have paid 100k to get treatment here rather than go to Mexico that people found judgemental

I think it’s brilliant she’s documenting this. It’ll help so many people and raise awareness. Great use of her platform.

i am confused about her accent though haha. They’re not posh people but I feel like she puts her accent on, specifically when she says words like “so”, “know,” “go” etc. Having watched them for years it’s like she doesn’t sound like she used to!

Reactions: 7
I'd be an absolute hypocrite if I started being all sycophantic now as I'm really not a fan of either Sam or Nic, however, having a family member go from diagnosis to wheelchair in little over a year (age 36)I wouldn't wish MS on anyone. Also, watching my husband have numerous rounds of aggressive chemotherapy and subsequent stem cell treatment, it's simply gruelling and horrendous and I genuinely hope the treatment works for her. She's a young woman and I would imagine we'd all try anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It was more the suggestion that she *should* have paid 100k to get treatment here rather than go to Mexico that people found judgemental
No one said she ‘should’, some of us were saying she ‘could’. But as others have said, no one has judged her at all, just being curious.

Reactions: 4
Hmmm I got the impression a few people were commenting on why she went to Mexico when she could afford 100k to have it in the UK. I previously commented, just because she can doesn’t mean she should.

Hmmm I got the impression a few people were commenting on why she went to Mexico when she could afford 100k to have it in the UK. I previously commented, just because she can doesn’t mean she should.
She most probably can't get the treatment in the UK. The NHS has very specific criteria for this treatment and according to the MS society, private health care providers use the same criteria

But I don’t think anyone has actually said she should’ve. Discussing not just her decision but why people go so far, especially in a pandemic when things may be getting back to normal but the borders are still in flux, flights are still limited. I also was curious because as someone who was in isolation for a long time, I know how much just seeing my family through a window helped my mental health. I think discussing the different options, and reasons why some treatment is picked over another is not judging, I for one learnt something about ms treatment from this thread. And as almost everyone has said with the money you’d do anything to help your family or you get better. I know I would if I could

Reactions: 3
She most probably can't get the treatment in the UK. The NHS has very specific criteria for this treatment and according to the MS society, private health care providers use the same criteria
She has specifically said she chose to go to abroad because it is cheaper than the UK. Not because she couldn’t have it done here.
I don’t particularly like either Sam or Nic, I find Nic more irritating, but it’s bugging me that people are commenting on here without knowing the full facts. I feel like I need to say I don’t like them before somebody accuses me of being a “fan” or something.

She has specifically said she chose to go to abroad because it is cheaper than the UK. Not because she couldn’t have it done here.
I don’t particularly like either Sam or Nic, I find Nic more irritating, but it’s bugging me that people are commenting on here without knowing the full facts. I feel like I need to say I don’t like them before somebody accuses me of being a “fan” or something.
I am a fan of both of them. I just think the reason she went abroad is because she wasn't entitled to get the treatment in the UK. If I needed the treatment and I had the money, I would definitely travel for it. There are people questioning why she would travel to Mexico, I'm just putting my two pen'orth in

If you follow Nic’s new Instagram account where she’s documenting her journey, she says in a video she posted she could probably have them (stem cells) done in the UK but “it’s a lot more money”. She’s mentioned before she could have it done here but chose Mexico for lots of reasons, including knowing people who have been there and had it done.