Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This may already have been covered but what happened with Debra from the forum? Was she a business partner of sorts?

I'm not 100% sure. I'm fairly sure she used to. Isn't she also a 'find' for Sali off the original FB group, Sali sort of mentored her for some reason.
No idea what she is like now but after she moved in with S on the forum she became as humourless as her. There was a lighthearted discussion about disasters at beauty counters eg sales people recommending completely wrong colour foundations and Lauren went absolutely off on one about how her profession (beautician) was being disrespected and it was so easy to be rude about women on beauty counters as they are women or some such rubbish. I think she even said it boiled her piss :LOL:.
Thanks 😊, if she doesn’t live with Sali then she’s got the dog A LOT . She’s a nice dog so I’d have her if Sali asked 😁

I'm not 100% sure. I'm fairly sure she used to. Isn't she also a 'find' for Sali off the original FB group, Sali sort of mentored her for some reason.
No idea what she is like now but after she moved in with S on the forum she became as humourless as her. There was a lighthearted discussion about disasters at beauty counters eg sales people recommending completely wrong colour foundations and Lauren went absolutely off on one about how her profession (beautician) was being disrespected and it was so easy to be rude about women on beauty counters as they are women or some such rubbish. I think she even said it boiled her piss :LOL:.
I remember this, I think she stopped being a moderator (at least for a bit) cos she was so pissed off.
She lived with Sali whilst getting trained up as her lackey, but I think moved out but is still in Brighton
This may already have been covered but what happened with Debra from the forum? Was she a business partner of sorts?
Yeah, weird. is she still on the FB page?
I remember everyone always going on about how rich Debra was, which was a bit...odd.

I remember this, I think she stopped being a moderator (at least for a bit) cos she was so pissed off.
She lived with Sali whilst getting trained up as her lackey, but I think moved out but is still in Brighton

Yeah, weird. is she still on the FB page?
I remember everyone always going on about how rich Debra was, which was a bit...odd.
Really? I was on the original FB page years ago, but it wasn’t private back then so I never posted. I didn’t know about that. How weird.

Debra was a moderator (joint site owner?) on the forum, but she stood down quite unexpectedly (well, that was the gist I got). A lot of people seemed unhappy with the forum at the time, and I think with Sali especially (but I’m saying that as somebody who is quite bad at reading subtext, so hopefully somebody else can elaborate).

Understood, ta 👍

Lol she's 3 years older than me and claiming her first foundation was Mary Quant. Sure.

Reactions: 1
Understood, ta 👍

Lol she's 3 years older than me and claiming her first foundation was Mary Quant. Sure.
Her Instagram stories are making me embarrassed for her and her children. @Dolores I'm assuming you must be 14? She's banging on like she's 17. Yes, a 17 year old highly respected journalist.

Reactions: 2
Sali also started the trend for using gravy browning on her legs and drew a seam up the back with eyeliner.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yeah got that. Been using it for yonks. Love it loads and loads.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Ok, WOW she has had some ratty new extensions provided free of charge by the Hershesons branch in Harvey Nichols. “Press sample” my arse.

• Haha
Ok, WOW she has had some ratty new extensions provided free of charge by the Hershesons branch in Harvey Nichols. “Press sample” my arse.
This word ‘press’ would appear to be a get out clause for those wishing to hide a freebie.

How are hair extensions a press treatment ?, she really is taking the piss.

What is a “press sample” and why are all the press samples conveniently things Sali just so happened to need?! [emoji849]

What is a “press sample” and why are all the press samples conveniently things Sali just so happened to need?! [emoji849]
No one needs those rats tail extensions.

"They're for volume only, not length"

If that's the case then her hair has magically grown an inch in the last week.

I hate “press sample”. It’s a bloody freebie. A freebie for you to advertise. Therefore an #ad

It’s dishonest.

Reactions: 3
Loophole that seems to get all the abuse, she is only posting about it to advertise for the salon.

No one needs those rats tail extensions.

"They're for volume only, not length"

If that's the case then her hair has magically grown an inch in the last week.
She really is starting to come across as a pathological liar. There’s nothing wrong with getting extension so why is she attaching a disclaimer to it, as if she’s getting them, but in the “right way”?
I’d love to get extensions, I’m in the annoying stages of growing hair and I’d get them in a heartbeat if I didn’t swim, wouldn’t lie about them either 🤷‍♀️
It is so tedious to watch her lie about every little thing. It just be an influencer disease as they all seem to catch it.

Reactions: 4
I just can’t believe that Sali wasn’t a best friend of Carey’s. She acts like they knew each other for life. I’ve just googled to try to find out how they met. Sali has absolutely used Carey for acres of content. It’s so weird. I think it’s true that they only met through the forum though as she never says how they met in her articles. If they’d met at school/uni/work/etc she’d have said.

I’d be pretty angry if I was someone who had been genuinely close to Carey.
I’ve made an account just to reply to this. I don’t know if any of you listen to the Griefcast podcast with Cariad Lloyd. Sali is on the latest episode and of course brings up Carey and what best friends they were

And then gets the age she died at WRONG. She says Carey died at 31, when she actually passed away at 34.

If Sali is going to attach herself someone for the attention at least do your homework first.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I’ve made an account just to reply to this. I don’t know if any of you listen to the Griefcast podcast with Cariad Lloyd. Sali is on the latest episode and of course brings up Carey and what best friends they were

And then gets the age she died at WRONG. She says Carey died at 31, when she actually passed away at 34.

If Sali is going to attach herself someone for the attention at least do your homework first.
That is just awful. I can’t believe how much she has exploited that poor woman’s passing for attention.
I didn’t know about the extent of their friendship and her lies until I read about it here, I assumed for years they were best friends from decades ago!

That is just awful. I can’t believe how much she has exploited that poor woman’s passing for attention.
I didn’t know about the extent of their friendship and her lies until I read about it here, I assumed for years they were best friends from decades ago!
She got the age of her ‘best friend’ wrong when the ‘best friend’ died?😳.

Maybe they did click and become instantly close but that’s not how she portrays things.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.