Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed. The absolute flipping STATE of most men in their 40s compared to [affluent] women the same age is such a glaring disparity, it makes me really cross.

Reactions: 5
I stopped following Alex Steinherr because I got fed up at looking at her totally flawless skin and her insistence that it was down to genetics, the Sunday facial and drinking lots of water.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
SH column today below heavily filtered picture of her with her shiny enlarged line free forehead and hair covering the Spock eyebrow, is everything wrong with the beauty industry in a blip. Oh and two warnings already from moderators to keep btl posters in fawning mode only.
Funnily enough I've never seen her husband looking smart. Wonder if she minds. Or thinks hey this is so one sided while standing next to him. Her dressed to the nines wearing her feminist necklace, designer dress and painful high heels him over weight scruffy and unshaven yet again. Meow😮

• Haha
Reactions: 6
SH column today below heavily filtered picture of her with her shiny enlarged line free forehead and hair covering the Spock eyebrow, is everything wrong with the beauty industry in a blip. Oh and two warnings already from moderators to keep btl posters in fawning mode only.
Funnily enough I've never seen her husband looking smart. Wonder if she minds. Or thinks hey this is so one sided while standing next to him. Her dressed to the nines wearing her feminist necklace, designer dress and painful high heels him over weight scruffy and unshaven yet again. Meow😮
Just read her column. Blimey it is so dull and lacklustre these days. She really doesn't seem to give much of a tit about it. I can't even really be bothered to put up my usual post recommending a Lisa Eldridge video. Don't really want to add to amount of comments.
She probably thinks of her husband as bohemian and artistic whilst she is daringly fashionable yet quirky. It's a tricky balance to look on trend while at the same time trying to convey you just don't give a duck about what society expects from you.

Reactions: 6
The influx of new members and comments ramping up on this thread is great, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Sali sends in her minions soon.

*waves to Fee and that Buddhist in NYC

• Haha
Does she know about this thread? When she found out about the Mumsnet one, she had a boohoo on her forum (which she barely checks in with) and then wrote to Mumsnet threatening legal action.

She likes to send her minions when she knows there's someone she can easily bully, like Esther Coren, but here, I suspect she'd keep quiet with her minions as there's a lot of stuff that puts her true colours on display.

• Haha
She goes on about her feminist principles yet betrays women by pretending that she has reached middle age with a completely wrinkle free forehead without surgical intervention (although when pushed she admits to a teeny tiny drop of highly diluted Botox )

Reactions: 7
Does she know about this thread? When she found out about the Mumsnet one, she had a boohoo on her forum (which she barely checks in with) and then wrote to Mumsnet threatening legal action.

She likes to send her minions when she knows there's someone she can easily bully, like Esther Coren, but here, I suspect she'd keep quiet with her minions as there's a lot of stuff that puts her true colours on display.
Legal action? What did they do? What an assinine control freak.

Reactions: 1
I only have a vague recollection, so it might not be accurate, please someone correct me if I'm wrong. A few years back there was a thread on Mumsnet where people were cottoning onto the likes of Hirons, Gleamers etc. The thread started picking up Sali and her Graun column and recommendations. She totally lost her tit when someone mentioned Carey and MN had to delete the thread as she had written to them the following day.

Reactions: 1
I just can’t believe that Sali wasn’t a best friend of Carey’s. She acts like they knew each other for life. I’ve just googled to try to find out how they met. Sali has absolutely used Carey for acres of content. It’s so weird. I think it’s true that they only met through the forum though as she never says how they met in her articles. If they’d met at school/uni/work/etc she’d have said.

I’d be pretty angry if I was someone who had been genuinely close to Carey.

Reactions: 7
I remember the previous Mumsnet flip-out. The thing that bugs me is that she (and the others) don't ever seem to look at the reason behind the threads before going DEFCON 1. Many of us were fans of her work (or at least quite liked her on the whole) until it gradually became apparent (especially following January this year) that she's been playing us for mugs. We're not mean girls having a go for no reason. Many of us feel misled and ripped off by what we *thought* was impartial advice. Sali, if you're reading, please consider that before setting your dogs on us.

And before anybody says it, I. have no issue with influencers* being sent free samples to review. (I do take issue with how much they get, but that's another story.) I really, REALLY take issue with them being paid to shill us products without declaring their business relationships.

* sorry, Sali, mate. You are one though.

Reactions: 10
On the MOD thread a moderator wrote that MOD had tried to get it shut down. Thankfully it didnt work. Meldrums are always threatening posters with the police. Not sure what else Sali can do. How scary her wrath will be though!

We aren't allowed to question anything on her sites as sheep will hound you off or you'll be deleted and blocked. Influencer threads on mumsnet get shut down pdq. In the guardian owing to moderators her articles are also controlled.
It's fawn or ****off.

@Ellabella thanks, big difference to the old AS via that link so the lips are as fake as rest of her face.
I also assumed Cary was an old school mate for some reason.

Reactions: 3
Gosh, well I feel a bit naive then about Alex S! Since I started following her she mentioned that she hadn't had anything done (beyond light facials, facials, etc) but didn't judge women who had. I'm nearly 40, had botox once, and yet I have more lines than Alex?! I guess I just took her words at face value. Silly me.

Anyway, I just loved that Sali popped up on her Instagram to shout about how much she LOVED the la Mer whatever and was wearing it too. Always on trend, relevant, quirky and with it, our Sali!

I see on her Twitter she is doing numerous talks about her book, an In Conversation with Lauren Laverne. Apparently she compares the Queen to Cher in Clueless. Bit of a stretch I would've thought but what do I know.

• Haha
I’m honestly shocked that Sali and Carey were not long term friends. I just had a quick look through her group for posts by Carey. I was a lurker there back in the day and there’s a (cringe) thread about bands when Sali states “ there’s a member of Camera Obscura in this group”. Later there’s a lot “my friend Carey” and of course the visit to Glasgow.

Carey comes across as a very sweet and charming woman btw. Such a tragic death.

• Sad
I’d be pretty angry if I was someone who had been genuinely close to Carey.
They were not so much angry as confused by this unknown (to them) person being quite attention seeking.

I only have a vague recollection, so it might not be accurate, please someone correct me if I'm wrong. A few years back there was a thread on Mumsnet where people were cottoning onto the likes of Hirons, Gleamers etc. The thread started picking up Sali and her Graun column and recommendations. She totally lost her tit when someone mentioned Carey and MN had to delete the thread as she had written to them the following day.
Don’t recall this, unsurprised though. I think she always considered herself above the Gleamers but obviously the £ signs are in her eyes now and she is just all about bringing in the cash. While I can’t blame people for wanting to earn the big bucks, at least be honest about it, don’t pretend to be choc full of integrity.

Sorry but the Queen book is just utterly shameless.

Many of us were fans of her work (or at least quite liked her on the whole) until it gradually became apparent (especially following January this year) that she's been playing us for mugs. We're not mean girls having a go for no reason. Many of us feel misled and ripped off by what we *thought* was impartial advice. Sali, if you're reading, please consider that before setting your dogs on us.
Spot on. She lost her tit a couple of times on her own forum too if people dared contradict her. There were a few on there who actually knew and researched ingredients better than she did. She didn’t like that at all. She was openly hostile to a few and I think there were a few eyes opened.

Last edited:
Does her PA Lauren live with her?

I ask because she has the dog in a lot of her photos.
I'm not 100% sure. I'm fairly sure she used to. Isn't she also a 'find' for Sali off the original FB group, Sali sort of mentored her for some reason.
No idea what she is like now but after she moved in with S on the forum she became as humourless as her. There was a lighthearted discussion about disasters at beauty counters eg sales people recommending completely wrong colour foundations and Lauren went absolutely off on one about how her profession (beautician) was being disrespected and it was so easy to be rude about women on beauty counters as they are women or some such rubbish. I think she even said it boiled her piss :LOL:.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm not 100% sure. I'm fairly sure she used to. Isn't she also a 'find' for Sali off the original FB group, Sali sort of mentored her for some reason.
No idea what she is like now but after she moved in with S on the forum she became as humourless as her. There was a lighthearted discussion about disasters at beauty counters eg sales people recommending completely wrong colour foundations and Lauren went absolutely off on one about how her profession (beautician) was being disrespected and it was so easy to be rude about women on beauty counters as they are women or some such rubbish. I think she even said it boiled her piss :LOL:.
I hate that pants expression. It’s painfully pants.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.