Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just hope she didn’t keep the piece short and lacking depth because Sali is planning a big opinion piece, surely not.
Bring it on, I say! I'd love to hear a new Sali opinion. I'm bored of the ones she's been recycling for 9 years or so.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
No, but my point really is that she missed an opportunity to actually produce an in-depth, balanced piece. The quote was too deliberately spoon fed and nonsensical. I just hope she didn’t keep the piece short and lacking depth because Sali is planning a big opinion piece, surely not.
Yes, agreed - a missed opportunity.

I can't see SH saying more about this - surely she can't think it's been playing well for her - but I'm usually wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It speaks volumes about our purpose and intent that contributors to this thread see any 'investigation' into Tattlelife by journalists as an 'opportunity' rather than diving for cover and hanging our heads in shame.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
No, but my point really is that she missed an opportunity to actually produce an in-depth, balanced piece. The quote was too deliberately spoon fed and nonsensical. I just hope she didn’t keep the piece short and lacking depth because Sali is planning a big opinion piece, surely not.
Sali would get thrashed in the comments section if she did an opinion piece in the Graun on this.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sali would get thrashed in the comments section if she did an opinion piece in the Graun on this.
Comments turned off? Maybe not the Guardian, somewhere though.

she still completely sees herself as a victim, her integrity intact. She will see herself as Saint Sali, who has endured. There will be no mention or acknowledgment of her previous very public bully tactics. It was years ago, started by someone else, nothing to do with her.

I just think she is planning something around all this. The orchestrated conversations on Twitter etc, all smacks of her drama preparations. Does make me laugh how she, Lauren and Fee are all desperate to keep priming that they don’t read here. Of course you don’t.

Reactions: 5
Afternoon skidsters
Just been catching up. That other life got in the way this real life.
Re Dawn and SH making up. - I've given this a bit of thought and think it doesn't in any way at all negate the horror of what the coven did. No matter what SH might tell herself. It only would show what a lovely lovely person Dawn is, therefore making the endless bullying even more baffling tbh, especially once they knew she knew - which she did (not that a horrible person deserves bullying obv). I can imagine Dawn being very gracious and not holding a grudge - but hardly calling SH a friend. I think her silence over all of this speaks volumes.
I also agree with others re The Guardian piece - maybe the writer uncovered more than she imagined. I can't believe she wasn't counting on SH for much more input. I imagine SH span her a tale of 'I've given that place too much of my time already. I have to start putting my family and my own mental health first. Whatever I say in a paper they will twist and lie about to suit their own agenda and narrative. And then they delete lots of posts. Not that I ever look. Anyone who even looks there is part of the problem (hint hint hint)'.

She would be incredibly ill advised to even be thinking of writing her own piece about here. Since her video, and partly because of her video 😂 , this place has got much bigger and more well known with people realising it isn't the festering lying cesspit she said. I'm sure associates of hers, whose behaviour has been occasionally highlighted here, would be highly pissed off if she did.
Re her video (so old news for everyone else) I watched it for the first time the other day and was disgusted at the amount of times she bleeping lied about her children being discussed here (no doubt the 'deleted' messages she goes on about). bleeping liar. And a dangerous one at that. No wonder people wanted to storm the barricades of Tattle with pitchforks and flaming torches. That was just disgusting. Btw she has discussed her own children far more in a couple of tweets to nearly 130k strangers than we ever did here in 1000s of messages.
Sorry for long post! I've been mulling which is never good.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

I thought this was very interesting and balanced

Last edited:
Just leaving this here “the reporter was very uninterested about the blatant racism when she spoke to me”.

C46A062E-6242-4799-926C-D19F7F952CDE.jpeg

• Angry

I thought this was very interesting and balanced
An interesting read definitely! "We see attractive, upwardly mobile white people showing off their best angles and causing drama — a Jane Austen novel without the self-reflection. " (y):D

• Heart
Reactions: 6
An interesting read definitely! "We see attractive, upwardly mobile white people showing off their best angles and causing drama — a Jane Austen novel without the self-reflection. " (y):D
I loved that quote!

I thought it was good that it was honest about the criticism that influencers get and how tough that is to hear - made it feel balanced to me

Reactions: 3
O
SB has a “manifesto for women over 40” coming out. I predict a slew of these sorts of titles next year. Good that she’s actually going to talk about menopause though unlike some people who are definitely not there yet

https://www.thebookseller.com/news/sam-baker-publish-manifesto-ignored-demographic-40-women-1111481#
Oh good duck. I'm *just* over 40 and hardly think we have anything in common.
Btw I do hope when reviewers receive it ('Forty and Pretty Fabulous') if it is one a number of such books - they are as rude and sniffy about it as she was about the woman who had the temerity to write 'oh god yet another book about periods *yawn*'.

Reactions: 6
Oh, another Gleam publication. Will it be right up there with Shilly Pebbles’s “finest”?

Reactions: 1
(Disclaimer: Please feel free to tell me to go f-myself. I can't wait to for menopause, I've had my period since I was 10, it's too much pain every 21 days for the last 25 years, including vomiting, hardly ever able to do anything, but somehow managing to. I'm tired of the pain and the constant estrogen and progesterone battle like something from an Icelandic Viking saga.)

Regarding books like these, I'm all for any books about women's health, hormones etc. written by people who at least consulted medical professionals, I don't need a "You're still fuckable" book (they might try to wrap this as something else) or "How I beat being 40 with burning sage". I want proper language and terminology, what happens and why, it doesn't have to be a dry peer reviewed paper, but there's so many misinformation out there, it's dangerous. This doesn't apply to this particular book, because it's apparently half-memoir, half-manifesto* :rolleyes: and, more importantly, I haven't read it, so I wouldn't want to prejudge it.
Besides, is it Vichy who now have a cream with the word "menopause" in it? A marketing tool, like everything else, doesn't have anything to do with demystifying menopause or making that phase any easier for women. What are the supposed menopausal ingredients? It has a cooling effect? So does a fan.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
SB has a “manifesto for women over 40” coming out. I predict a slew of these sorts of titles next year. Good that she’s actually going to talk about menopause though unlike some people who are definitely not there yet

https://www.thebookseller.com/news/sam-baker-publish-manifesto-ignored-demographic-40-women-1111481#
Does it include a section on making snarky observations about teenagers on trains? These youngsters, youth is wasted on them! They're not as good at taking drugs and shagging as we used to be! Still are, in fact! Us generation Xers can outshag and outdrug Gen Zers any day of the week !
🍆💊🍆💊🍆💊🍆💊🍆💊🍆💊🍆💊🍆💊🍆💊🍆

And twice on Tuesdays

🍆

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 3
(Disclaimer: Please feel free to tell me to go f-myself. I can't wait to for menopause, I've had my period since I was 10, it's too much pain every 21 days for the last 25 years, including vomiting, hardly ever able to do anything, but somehow managing to. I'm tired of the pain and the constant estrogen and progesterone battle like something from an Icelandic Viking saga.)

Regarding books like these, I'm all for any books about women's health, hormones etc. written by people who at least consulted medical professionals, I don't need a "You're still fuckable" book (they might try to wrap this as something else) or "How I beat being 40 with burning sage". I want proper language and terminology, what happens and why, it doesn't have to be a dry peer reviewed paper, but there's so many misinformation out there, it's dangerous. This doesn't apply to this particular book, because it's apparently half-memoir, half-manifesto* :rolleyes: and, more importantly, I haven't read it, so I wouldn't want to prejudge it.
Besides, is it Vichy who now have a cream with the word "menopause" in it? A marketing tool, like everything else, doesn't have anything to do with demystifying menopause or making that phase any easier for women. What are the supposed menopausal ingredients? It has a cooling effect? So does a fan.
Yes totally agree. And you are so right with the 'you're still fuckable (or at least I am)' stuff.
I just worry her book it will follow one line re menopause (for others obviously not her yet) if the podcast was anything to go by. It was all so highly medicalised which of course if fine but a lot of women can't/don't want to go down the HRT route. On the podcast it was not even mentioned there might be an alternative. One of the questions was from a woman who expressly said 'I had breast cancer. I cannot use HRT. Any advice?' And Nadine Baggott (I think) said 'if you ask there will definitely be some sort of HRT for you'. Brilliant. How helpful.
I think no matter how SH dresses it up it will just be an autobiography really. And wasn't Caitlin IMM Moran's awful book a 'manifesto?'. Oh dear.

Reactions: 1

Evening all 🥰, just a quick thought on the menopause thing . I had an induced surgical menopause due to a total hysterectomy and both ovaries taken out because my Endometriosis was so extensive .

I chose not to take HRT and I had a relatively easy transition apart from unwanted weight gain but ya know , so what.

I’m not happy with the menopause being a new buzz word to flog unnecessary creams , pills , lotions and potions , each to their own and all that but again, it’s playing on a woman’s insecurity at a difficult time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Does it include a section on making snarky observations about teenagers on trains? These youngsters, youth is wasted on them! They're not as good at taking drugs and shagging as we used to be! Still are, in fact! Us generation Xers can outshag and outdrug Gen Zers any day of the week !
🍆💊🍆💊🍆💊🍆💊🍆💊🍆💊🍆💊🍆💊🍆💊🍆

And twice on Tuesdays

🍆
Also why is that man imagining a teenager who was on his train the other day having sex? Not the sort of thing I'd admit to in public if it was how I spent my time. But SH gives him the time of day. At least he's not like us trolls joking about her mate's boyfriend squeezing through our catflaps.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.