Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a Twitter catch up, I notice Sali didn't reply to Feebee's last tweet:

"Imagine choosing to spend your time just being awful about people day after day? Must be wearying actually. "

I wonder if she was thinking back to when she spent every day on twitter being awful to people like:

Liz Jones
Kylie
Carol Voderman
Michelle Heaton
Katie Waissell
Lulu
Brad Pitt's Kids

Search for "RT @SaliHughes" with any of the above to see the tweets that she's now deleted (YEARS AND YEARS AGO THOUGH SO IT DOESN'T COUNT).
Next column opening: "There's been a lot of press over the weekend regarding online trolling and bullying. I've been trolling for years now, and it's very cheering."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
This will be rather predictable I think. They'll use the controversy over MOD racism toward CB and the other fallout (machine gun Kelle) to tar Tattle as a place where racist trolls meet, which in the case of this sub forum (I've no knowledge of the others) is not true. Obviously there'll be 5 mins of blue ticker outrage as it suits their agendas to get rid of Tattle so they can continue to shill minus accountability. I doubt it'll amount to anything other than to bring more people here :p

Reactions: 4
Trolling and Your Career: 10 tips to to make it Work for You

Trolling and Your Career: 10 tips to to make it Work for You
That's a pretty good coverline actually. I'd read it. *blowsownhorn*

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
This will be rather predictable I think. They'll use the controversy over MOD racism toward CB and the other fallout (machine gun Kelle) to tar Tattle as a place where racist trolls meet, which in the case of this sub forum (I've no knowledge of the others) is not true. Obviously there'll be 5 mins of blue ticker outrage as it suits their agendas to get rid of Tattle so they can continue to shill minus accountability. I doubt it'll amount to anything other than to bring more people here :p
And I am convinced it’s the people most vocal about their tattle outrage who are secretly on here the most.

It’s like all the general outrage about the Daily Mail sidebar of shame - the people quickest to condemn it usually know an awful lot about how it operates, the turn of phrases used etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The prosecco chronicles or what happens the basics start drinking the same tipple as your and mates.

I think she comes across well in this. Apart from the obvious privilege, which she sort of recognises

(Have I just outed myself as a plant? 🤪 )

Reactions: 1
They usually only interact with each other anyway. And provide us in the asylum with much needed diversion, more fun than art therapy (I'm currently working on a calligraphic collection of her positive women supporting other women tweets).
She doesn't read this forum, but knows everything written here, only gets information via people who love her all neatly printed and put in a folder, so basically she's reading all of the threads just in print form?
I think she comes across well in this. Apart from the obvious privilege, which she sort of recognises

(Have I just outed myself as a plant? 🤪 )
It was just her shifting fondness for Prosecco I was documenting. I like to cite my sources.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
It was just her shifting fondness for Prosecco I was documenting. I like to cite my sources.
Yep, roger that. I only commented because I think it's one of the few articles I've read where she doesn't sound like a judgmental elitist

Last edited:
Next column opening: "There's been a lot of press over the weekend regarding online trolling and bullying. I've been trolling for years now, and it's very cheering."
‘I’m a great proponent of not saving your best trolling for special occasions as they might never come.’

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Her writing is mediocre at best and cringe when she's having a try at poetic imagery, like squeezing pimples full of puss like bees full of nectar (something like that).
Yes, we've all spent time in our pasts squeezing bees, haven't we?
I think this confirms what many of us already suspected.

• Haha
I have to make a correction, it wasn't the bees, but ants. (and the pimple patches would "expand as they absorb, like an ant swollen with nectar"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Good to see Sarah Marsh of the Grauniad putting those hack skills to good use covering fcking Tattle.life as opposed to, oh I don't know, the housing crisis? The rotten Grenfell inquiry? Or the most important election in a generation. :unsure: Priorities, eh?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
"Another well-known writer said behaviour on the website had spilled out into the real world. “What they do is try and cause mischief in people’s lives … they make up lies. It’s bad enough to defame someone on a Googleable site, but to also go outside that and drive the narrative is even worse,” they said. “It’s lawless. People can say what the hell they want on there.”

Oh Sali well-known writer where are the lies? And the site is pretty strict, that's what kills you the most as a quick read shows it isn't the lawless troll fest you like to say it is but a sensible discussion with valid points on shady people.

• Heart
Oh yes 100%. I'm just a *tad*surprised they didn't mention anywhere SHs video and the anti Tattle petition. Surely is it glaring obvious to the most casual reader that her input is 'missing'?

And I really hate to be a smartarse but I said elsewhere I bet she'll ask to be anonymous but will definitely want to get a dig in. If of course it was her. We may never know 😂 .

Reactions: 6
“It’s bad enough to defame someone on a Googleable site, but to also go outside that and drive the narrative is even worse”

I know her whole quote is word salad at its finest but does anyone know what she means by that bit?

Reactions: 8
“It’s bad enough to defame someone on a Googleable site, but to also go outside that and drive the narrative is even worse”

I know her whole quote is word salad at its finest but does anyone know what she means by that bit?
No. It makes no sense. And the defame thing she keeps wanging on about - when was she defamed on here?

"

Oh Sali well-known writer where are the lies? And the site is pretty strict, that's what kills you the most as a quick read shows it isn't the lawless troll fest you like to say it is but a sensible discussion with valid points on shady people.
... i came here for that lawless troll fest, on a very memorable friday, still looking for it BTW, i imagined shady pics of Sali taking her kids to school taken from a nearby bush. I stayed to read some extremely well rounded thoughts on the so called writer, that forgot any journalistic code and acts like a walking digital billboard. Not posting much, as everything i have to say has been written much better than i ever could, but will continue lurking here.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
"Drive the narrative" is making me go 🤷🏼‍♀️ it's literally making me conflate my braincells which are #gifted anyway

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.