Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's so hard to choose the right nude lipstick - I have a Burberry one that is too pale and makes me look like a corpse and other ones that are too browny. I think I best suit a pinky nude.
I can't wear anything pale or brown either. I am pale skinned but my lips are quite a dark colour. I like Laura Mercier Spiced Rose although I don't think it's The One. I liked the sound of the Beauty Pie one Esther Walker talked about in her IG story on Friday but I can't remember what it was called.

Reactions: 1
It’s a very slick and well run forum. Wait a second... could SH be suffering from this jealousy thing she’s always going on about? Because she failed at a forum of her own? Probably thought it would be easy, too.

No wonder she’s hinting that she knows Yel’s identity but is choosing not to release it, in staged twitter chats.
What an utter embrassment Sali is.

I don't know what I've done to her, maybe she's seething that the Giles video was uploaded here and thousands saw it.

This site is basically a ticking time bomb for Sali with all the evidance that has been collected here. What she's done has been far worse than MOD and all her blue tickers deserted her instantly.

It doesn't take much digging on any of her lies to see the truth. My favourite is she was telling people they wouldn't last where she grew up, someone said that place won an in bloom award and she's twisted that to say people are insulting her background and where she grew up 😂.

Maybe I've got a passive aggressive comment coming to my LinkedIn in :D. I've posted my Instagram handle in attachments before and if she really wants to go through hundreds of posts I've probably given away enough information.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It doesn't take much digging on any of her lies to see the truth. My favourite is she was telling people they wouldn't last where she grew up, someone said that place won an in bloom award and she's twisted that to say people are insulting her background and where she grew up 😂.
Oh, yes. The poster was saying that Welsh working class people couldn't take pride in their communities or something according to Sali. As you say, I think the point was rather that she's not exactly straight outta Compton.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The truth is that her support will be rapidly ebbing away as people will have said to her “ok what have they said about you then, and have you gone to the police” and there’s nothing she can say to that because it’s all crying wolf.

She’ll be kicking herself for claiming friends and family members are keeping her up to date on everything here because it’s obviously not happening, no friend or family member in their right mind would do that. But she’s clearly used to saying anything and having it swallowed whole so she’s getting herself into more and more of a pickle as the days go by.

The truth is that her support will be rapidly ebbing away as people will have said to her “ok what have they said about you then, and have you gone to the police” and there’s nothing she can say to that because it’s all crying wolf.

She’ll be kicking herself for claiming friends and family members are keeping her up to date on everything here because it’s obviously not happening, no friend or family member in their right mind would do that. But she’s clearly used to saying anything and having it swallowed whole so she’s getting herself into more and more of a pickle as the days go by.
Also, if she’s asking them to keep her up to date, then morally it’s the same as reading here herself.

I have no doubt at all that she’s feeling awful about this place at the moment, but the reason for that is that SHE (nobody else) did this to herself by wilfully misleading thousands and thousands of women over a period of years while getting rich off their loyalty. At the same time as all this was taking place, she and her friends behaved absolutely shamefully towards other women in the public eye.

I’d feel sick too if it were me. The difference is I have some self-awareness.

Reactions: 13
Also, if she’s asking them to keep her up to date, then morally it’s the same as reading here herself.

I have no doubt at all that she’s feeling awful about this place at the moment, but the reason for that is that SHE (nobody else) did this to herself by wilfully misleading thousands and thousands of women over a period of years while getting rich off their loyalty. At the same time as all this was taking place, she and her friends behaved absolutely shamefully towards other women in the public eye.

I’d feel sick too if it were me. The difference is I have some self-awareness.
If she is feeling awful it’s the cold realisation that her appalling behaviour towards other women has come to light alongside the fact she’s been peddling nonsense regarding how her youthful complexion came from Vichy Aquathermalia and not from a Dr and a clinic .

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Exactly. Obviously we are all responsible for how we spend our money. Obviously no one blames SH and other influencers directly. No one coming here ever said that. People just kept saying 'it was my fault' 'I'm stupid' 'I fell for it'. That is why people felt more shame. Because it was their own choice and therefore you just feel silly. Which is why we here all recognised it and felt compassion. Enabled and normalised by influencers. Obviously this is a point of view that is quite nuanced and I appreciate will just go over the heads of some people.

You're both so right. just like in estate agency, there's a lot of very fatigued, lazy language knocking around that world - which I first came across in SH writing - not that I think she originated it; she probably derived and reproduced it from others whose intentions were shamelessly promotional It's shameful to use word like 'lifechanging' when, for example, some of your readers may be disabled and may have little hope of having their lives changed but are desperate for anything that will make then feel better. I saw a house described as last week as 'truly deceptively spacious', which, when translated out of its idiocy, means something like 'really tricks you into believing it's huge when it's size in reality is little more than shed (admin or otherwise). 'Lifechanging' in influencer blah is something like that. It's on us to be sharp enough not to fall for it because they're too lazy or too uninspired to rethink their language game and this site helps promote that awareness. I don't use Ig or Twatter so for me it's just a case of watching for it in SH's non-journalism and which makes me distrust her at large.

• Heart
I think what sickens her the most is that in the wee hours, she's been truly rumbled by a group of smart, sassy women (equally as smart and sassy as she sees herself to be) who refuse to cave in to her threats, both insidious and direct. A group of women who once believed in her but can now see her daily hypocrisies as laughable (and her cruelties as testament to her true colours.) In her efforts to silence them, she has encouraged them to find a corner of the world where they won't be silenced. She actually doesn't know what to do with herself now and is enraged by her powerlessness.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She’ll be kicking herself for claiming friends and family members are keeping her up to date on everything here because it’s obviously not happening, no friend or family member in their right mind would do that.
Morning folks

Exactly this. I'm imagining being in the same position (as if but let's pretend) and asking my friends and family to do this. They'd be WTF?

So, the conclusion is that the "reporters" - if they exist - don't like her very much and are enjoying all the drama. Or - she's reading here.

I suspect the latter.

I'd also like to make a point about the "mentally ill" jibes she's making. I do have mental health issues actually - CPTSD. And like a lot of people I have experienced anxiety and depression. Mental illness is not something to shame people with and put them down. Her comments are nasty and stigmatising. She should be ashamed.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
By now I wouldn't expect anything less from her but hurling antiquated language like a chimpanzee throwing its tit. Only difference is the chimp has every right to do so if kept in a zoo.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm not in the least mental just really cross I didn't know about the Botox and unable to find the loads of articles written about its use.

Due diligence on me/us is it? (Genuine question). Not sure how that dovetails with being pretty honest (or maybe the title was telling us all along) and bullshit free.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I'd also like to make a point about the "mentally ill" jibes she's making. I do have mental health issues actually - CPTSD. And like a lot of people I have experienced anxiety and depression. Mental illness is not something to shame people with and put them down. Her comments are nasty and stigmatising. She should be ashamed.
Commenting to support and agree with you @J4n0Z but not really able to articulate it particularly well this morning.
It may seem odd to some (and I don't want to generalise or claim to speak for @J4n0Zor anyone else here) but saying "I have x/y mental health condition/mental illness" publicly even when anonymous can still feel scarey if you've learnt to feel ashamed of your diagnosis.

I have bipolar disorder (bipolar 1). It doesn't mean I'm not rational, intelligent or self aware. In fact (and others with mental health issues will doubtless recognise this) I have to be incredibly self aware and am constantly self monitoring my behaviour and thoughts. I have to be vigilant in an attempt to recognise an episode of depression or mania as early as possible so any impact on my dependants, work performance and health is minimised. This self monitoring can literally do my own head in at times.
So, yeah, Sali, duck you. And well said @J4n0Z

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Totally agree. The Botox is the issue that makes me so angry - she is deleting comments on her ig that ask her about Botox or gently remind posters that say how desperate they are for her skin that it isn't a case of just using moisturizer!

I blanked out the user names but you can see this comment disappeared. I just happened to be looking on there at the time it was made to see if anyone was asking about Botox etc.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 11
It’s the non-disclosed use of Botox while promoting anti-aging products that annoys me the most. Zero judgement on using Botox (or anything else) it’s the fact l felt misled into equating her youthful appearance with the products she promoted.

Keep in mind this industry is atleast in part about us feeling like we aren’t complete, aren’t enough, if we just fix that flaw and spend money here .... it’s how Capitalism works. As Brene Brown said on a recent podcast with Marc Moran the one thing that is completely out of control right now in society is greed.

Reactions: 12
Thanks @Mselvista and @J4n0Z for being so generous in sharing your mental health experiences here. I view SH and her beta cucks' public comments on 'morons and mentallers' to be hate speech and its important that somewhere exists that one can counteract this hate. Tattle.life is as good as any forum in these circumstances. Certainly she shuts down the possibility of discourse anywhere else - deleting Insta comments, blocking people, shutting down the Guardian comments btl... like me, people with concerns will find their way here.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes, Botox is the main thing for me too. Even though not a fan, I felt naive and stupid when I learnt she has regular Botox. Also if so open about it why not say "complete disclosure I've been having Botox regularly for x years". The droopy mouth thing she mentioned because of being thin at the time - was that when she was going through her divorce (that is when she has said previously her weight was low)? That suggests she may have been using Botox (possibly with a break in use) for some time.

She knows it would dent her credibility to all but her most loyal fans.

Also SH has said that she does not think actresses etc are obliged to say what they've had done. That it is a personal matter and not anyone else's business (unless I have misinterpreted her remarks). So why then is it fine for her to have "outed" celebrities on Twitter for sport? Perhaps I'm missing something.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.