Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good morning Skidsters.
Am I imagining it or one year did SH recommend as a Christmas gift some drops you put down the bogger to make your shite smell less rank? I can imagine my Granny's excited face whilst unwrapping that.

Yes you are probably along the right tracks with a Christmas party themed column.
'Never too early to prepare. I personally loathe the enforced office party and always have but I understand some plebs have to attend said functions. If pressed I would always rock a bold red lip and a dizzying statement heel. A quick spritz of Chanel 5 grabbed from my Gucci clutch and I am ready to hit the dancefloor. 2am sees me sweaty but happy after jigging away to the Pet Shop Boys. I may visit the ladies for a quick makeup touch-up - Charlotte Tilbury is your best friend here - before returning for a last rousing Vogue-off with my girlfriends. Then a taxi home. Tired, hoarse but happy'.
You did not imagine it. Aesop Post Poo drops £20.... literally flushing money down the toilet

• Haha
Reactions: 11
You did not imagine it. Aesop Post Poo drops £20.... literally flushing money down the toilet
oh God, I really fear after the La Mer lip balm confession, that this might be the tipping point & you ban me... I love those Aesop post poo drops!:oops: They somehow magically make my son’s tit stench disappear. Mind you, me being a skidmark myself, it might be that I’m immune.:confused:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think the value of the poo drops very much depends on who you live with 😂

I reckon the same principle works if you just put a drop of essential oil in the toilet pre-poo. Or a spritz if least fave perfume.

damnit I’ve given away the twop twips from my first very exclusive beauty column.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
oh God, I really fear after the La Mer lip balm confession, that this might be the tipping point & you ban me... I love those Aesop post poo drops!:oops: They somehow magically make my son’s tit stench disappear. Mind you, me being a skidmark myself, it might be that I’m immune.:confused:
🤣 I seriously considered buying them for my husband after she recommended them tbh ... No judgement from me !!.. I think a confession of all the things we have bought following Sali’s recommendations .... good and bad :
Actually purchased (key highlights)
Scamp and Dude bag (I do like it for travelling though and some money did go to charity)
Dr Dennis Gross Peel pads (much prefer paulas choice bha 2% )
Bobbi brown cream shadow stick - ok but a bit wet and the By Terry Caviar sticks are far superior
The Bobbi Brown powder she invented
CT eyeliner pencil in Audrey - this is very good
A random towel for your head that miraculously is supposed to dry your hair in 5 mins
Suqqu Foundation - really ‘did not get on with it’
Nivea in shower body cream - makes the shower tray like a death trap it’s so slippy
Both her beauty books

Nearly bought:
Post poo drops
Ssssshower Cap
Surrat dew drop Foundation
Most CT recommendations - is it me or does everyone think it’s massively overpriced and a bit rubbish in general (for the price)

I’m sure there’s more.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Aha I was waiting for the first Avon bomb to drop. Aaaand there it was. A friend recommended it too. How handy.
Btw she totally stole that nude lipstick/nipple thing from a thread someone else started on GtL recently. They wrote about it in a far funnier way though - about how embarrassing it was when they checked their nipple colour at the makeup counter in Boots.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think the value of the poo drops very much depends on who you live with 😂

I reckon the same principle works if you just put a drop of essential oil in the toilet pre-poo. Or a spritz if least fave perfume.

damnit I’ve given away the twop twips from my first very exclusive beauty column.
I started testing various concoctions of essential oils for the stench too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Eurgghh the last sentence of her column has left me feeling very queasy 🤢
I absolutely do not get what is journalistic about the line ' I’ve never topless sunbathed in my life, and my chest shares a Dulux paint chart with blue. ' even as part of a discourse on what 'people' think the colour of a nude lip should be. It's part of a constant narrative in her online wittering to have an entirely constructed self-awareness of 'oh, I'm so afflicted but I'm so lighhearted about my own problems'.

What if someone has a blue heart condition, hey Sali? You just offended the crap out of them. Actual babies actually die of that. Not so woke now
eh?

Last edited:
Good morning Skidsters.
Am I imagining it or one year did SH recommend as a Christmas gift some drops you put down the bogger to make your shite smell less rank? I can imagine my Granny's excited face whilst unwrapping that.

Yes you are probably along the right tracks with a Christmas party themed column.
'Never too early to prepare. I personally loathe the enforced office party and always have but I understand some plebs have to attend said functions. If pressed I would always rock a bold red lip and a dizzying statement heel. A quick spritz of Chanel 5 grabbed from my Gucci clutch and I am ready to hit the dancefloor. 2am sees me sweaty but happy after jigging away to the Pet Shop Boys. I may visit the ladies for a quick makeup touch-up - Charlotte Tilbury is your best friend here - before returning for a last rousing Vogue-off with my girlfriends. Then a taxi home. Tired, hoarse but happy'.
The wanky London version of a basic witch 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Lisa Eldridge has a preorder for her Velvet nudes collection, do they get a mention?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The wanky London version of a basic witch 😂
As she never hesitates to remind us, she’s Brighton and/or Wales. Don’t foist her on us Londoners!

I bought the Aesop Post-Poo drops for someone once, they’re actually quite good

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Lisa Eldridge has a preorder for her Velvet nudes collection, do they get a mention?
I had to work hard to resist the new velvet range, EL's video about all the undertones was dreamy to watch

I browsed the gazillion clinique ones a few times, I doubt clinique staff would be much help. (The last time I went clinique the sales woman told me I had to keep buying their serum or my scars would come back) I trust EL online more than clinique irl, although I like lipstick packaging where you can see the colour, instead of having to read it at the bottom

Genuine question, as I apparently still don't know basic things: Isn't there a difference between "my lips but better" and a "nude" lipstick? I thought nude lipsticks are lighter than your own lip colour and the 1-2 shades darker is the MLBB?

Another question: Is she getting payed per cringe instead of word?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Only one reply to the Guardian’s twitter post for SH’s column this week...
D8FF3205-8CDC-4151-A8D4-1E79DA803B6A.png

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I had to work hard to resist the new velvet range, EL's video about all the undertones was dreamy to watch
Me too. And being on this forum has helped me to be more mindful/restrained about my spending on products.

Reactions: 4
Morning skiddy beef faced "mentals" or whatever the hell we are today.

I'm afraid I succumbed and pre-ordered one of the LE lipsticks. I am not ashamed!

I was starting to feel more sympathetic to SH but the nasty ablist language, comments about people's appearance and frankly creepy stalking behaviour have put the kibosh on that.

Also, I like men with big noses. Dunno why, just do!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.