Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just one more thing: Why is this woman thanking her profusely for simply answering a question?
ETA: Wasn't a question at all :LOL: Nevertheless, it still reads (to me) as: Thank you, comrade Stalin!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There's no DM from "a shrink", that's yet another fabrication. Once again, it's a Twitter randomer who gave SH some much-needed arse-kissing. Strangely, this person says they're "stunned" to discover gossip sites exist, yet she seems to know a lot about them. What, has she done independent research then? Honestly, the amount of tit talk going on between supposed professionals on social media is breath-taking. I know SH is hardly one for nuance, but psychiatrists aren't fcking irreproachable. Quoting one doesnt automatically win you the argument, head.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Something is up with the pejorative language employed again and again when talking about this forum.

It’s no different to Mumsnet, GtL, Reddit or Instagram.

It’s cheap and Trumpy to dismiss it all as trolly fake news.

As for being not normal or lunatics or whatever else. Nobody is normal. Most people have their own brand of madness. And what. Do you know what tho I don’t sit around journaling and then expect to sell it and then get indignant that someone has read it and expressed an opinion.

And also what is pathetic about making friends online? So wait is the internet just for hustling then? No genuine human interaction just sell and promote.

There are literally careers called being a critic where people analyse and discuss the work or other people and publish it for money. If the Guardian hasn’t said so then your critique is meaningless and you’re a troll? What?

Reactions: 27
It is posts like this that are/were the real reason we all came here. And as far as I can tell SH has never addressed the legitimate concerns shown here. A woman directly tells her that her, SHs, appearance is making her feel insecure. And yet she puts it down to moisturiser and SPF. If she had been so famously open about her Botox/'tweakments', why the hell wouldn't you mention it again here? It's just mean.
There was another comment when someone asked if whatever foundation she was wearing was why her skin looked so good/she looked youthful (can't remember exactly) and SH replied that it might be the lighting. Now SH may say that vague compliments about her skin looking good aren't about a lack of lines/wrinkles. But we know she's not covered in zits. We already bloody know she glows like a Mamas &Papas nightlight.
When people say her skin looks good I think that includes it being unlined and smooth. I may of course be mistaken.

That was just playing at being a QVC presenter for copy. I mean living it day in day out. She might have to start hawking Yankee candles!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
There's no DM from "a shrink", that's yet another fabrication. Once again, it's a Twitter randomer who gave SH some much-needed arse-kissing. Strangely, this person says they're "stunned" to discover gossip sites exist, yet she seems to know a lot about them. What, has she done independent research then? Honestly, the amount of tit talk going on between supposed professionals on social media is breath-taking. I know SH is hardly one for nuance, but psychiatrists aren't fcking irreproachable. Quoting one doesnt automatically win you the argument, head.
Has Dr whatsit not heard of that obscure site, oh what's it called? Oh, it's the very one they're posting on! Twitter! That's it! Fancy that!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I'm racking my brains trying to remember a Victoria Wood and Julie Walters skit (it may be longer than a skit, actually) where Julie Walters was a has been actress with delusions of grandeur and VW was the Silent Assistant who followed her everywhere catering to her every whim.

Does this exist or am I going "nuts"?

Something is up with the pejorative language employed again and again when talking about this forum.

It’s cheap and Trumpy to dismiss it all as trolly fake news.

As for being not normal or lunatics or whatever else. Nobody is normal. Most people have their own brand of madness. And what. Do you know what tho I don’t sit around journaling and then expect to sell it and then get indignant that someone has read it and expressed an opinion.

And also what is pathetic about making friends online? So wait is the internet just for hustling then? No genuine human interaction just sell and promote.

There are literally careers called being a critic where people analyse and discuss the work or other people and publish it for money. If the Guardian hasn’t said so then your critique is meaningless and you’re a troll? What?
She can't even make up a decent insult. I get that writing e.g. F 4.0 won't get her message conveyed, but I personally can't be offended by her, as it would mean I take her opinions seriously. She has, again, shown how small her semantic field is (yes, this is a literary critique :LOL: ) and how she can only express herself through archaic and cliched terms.
Insert Madonna saying: Reductive.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm racking my brains trying to remember a Victoria Wood and Julie Walters skit (it may be longer than a skit, actually) where Julie Walters was a has been actress with delusions of grandeur and VW was the Silent Assistant who followed her everywhere catering to her every whim.

Are you trying to smoke SH out?

It's The Dresser with Albert Finney and Tom Courtenay

I am joking, I don't know VW that well.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

And it's no different from - only insofar as it is superior to - the reader comments on any of the broadsheet websites.

I glanced at the handful of comments yesterday on a fairly innocuous Telegraph article about the phenomenally successful journalist and editor Tina Brown. The first comment suggests that her stellar career was down to having had an affair with her editor. The second comment reads 'Tina - I'm afraid I'd pay good money to slap a custard pie in your face'. Another comment suggests that she's making a fuss about something that a man would take in his stride ('Bill Gates...never whined about....'). There are a couple of positive comments about Tina Brown. There's also some fairly off-topic criticism of Nancy Pelosi (whom TB mentions admiringly in the article) and quite a lot of comments 'removed by a moderator'.

That is what reader commentary is like these days, everywhere (and worse in some places, e.g. Daily Mail).

You're not. I definitely remember that. I think the Julie Walters character was supposed to be doing something along the lines of Strictly in the sketch. It was a spoof documentary type thing I think. Love Victoria Wood's stuff.

Reactions: 2
I think the ‘I don’t work with people that are on sites like that’ approach is great and laudable if you have an unblemished past where you’ve never engaged in ‘unkind’ public commentary.

Reactions: 12
So, despite having laughed at jokes involving Diane Abbott & misogynoir, she’s now retweeting Diane Abbott. We see through you, Sally. And you’re not fit to lick her boots, never mind RT her.

9706B567-D7DF-4825-8872-B62FDEB8DEA6.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.