Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 11.18.25 AM.png

Ooops, that was a little large. Should I have inserted a thumbnail?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Omg that is brilliant. Wasn't me btw - I'm far too timid. I actually think SH has got off so bloody lightly for her past behaviour. The Guardian seem to have been shits to Lauren. One conversation with SH and she was out on her ear.
I've been busy today so not here much but more and more I've been mulling over the Botox problem. And I do believe it is a problem. Of course it is anyone's choice to have it. But a beauty editor keeping quiet about her own use, using her own face as the model, whilst recommending products just is wrong (and constantly using #nofilter). I know she tried to say it only mattered if the products she recommended were anti aging, but that is disingenuous. Most products will look better on a Botoxed face. She wasn't setting a level playing field.
I don't want Botox and frankly couldn't afford or justify the upkeep anyway. I happen to like my face and just don't see lines as horrible or shameful. SH keeping quiet about her use of Botox implied to me anyway shame on her part (and she did keep quiet no matter what she says). And that transfers to her followers. Cover up aging, feel insecure, think you are abnormal, buy something, have a tweakment. All this 'owning' aging is bullshit. Throw in a wrinkly icon occasionally as a 'woman we love' but heaven forbid SH herself should ever have a wrinkle herself. Fair enough she doesn't want wrinkles herself but she shouldn't pretend that this is normal and achievable by some serum or other. It is unkind. It preys on women's insecurity.
I've rambled inanely. I'm just so pleased there are women like me here. I get so cross and sad at the whole bleeping thing. And if she perceives this as trolling or bullying then fair fucks (as my Irish husband frequently says). X

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You weren’t rambling at all. She was misrepresenting the products she shilled by

1) not always declaring an interest when there was one

2) implying that the products alone (not botox, not fillers) were the reason her face looked the way it did.

Reactions: 7
You weren’t rambling at all. She was misrepresenting the products she shilled by

1) not always declaring an interest when there was one

2) implying that the products alone (not botox, not fillers) were the reason her face looked the way it did.
I asked her recently, before I was sadly, tragically, brutally blocked , if she’d had her hair dyed because I remember her saying that she was allergic to dyes and was preparing to go grey. I wondered in my comment if she’d found a dye she wasn’t allergic to. She replied that she’d not had her hair coloured in 8 yrs. One of the nails in the truth coffin for me. Total bulllllllshit. Her hair, at that point, was as dark as Elvira’s. Such a ridic thing to lie about. I’ll always maintain her biggest mistake was underestimating her readership, thinking we were all eeeeejits.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I saw that comment and response. Incredible. Such a blatant lie. She's mentioned her grays in the past. I remember the whole palaver with Hemmo coming to the rescue when she went into anaphylactic shock after having her hair dyed ... She's obviously using something, but either doesn't want to share this mystery PPD-free product, isn't really allergic, or no longer wants to own grays. What strange behaviour

The Botox issue is becoming more and more of a problem for me. Even in the deep countryside I live it, I have started noticing how wide- spread it has become amongst ‘regular’ people. I would like to think I’d never want to succumb to Botox, however I can understand the pressures from the media, filters, fake ‘perfect’ faces thrown at us, that make people consider going down that route.

I didn’t know that SH has had it done until reading about it here, however I thought she looked different in couple of her ITB episodes on her website, especially the one with Drew Barrymore. I find that the give away is looking at a botoxed face in profile when smiling- the cheeks look unnaturally high and puffy.

On that note, what has Cheryl done to her lips and cheeks - such a pretty girl, shame if she too has had tweakments!

Reactions: 3
I wish I could find the article where she stated wrinkles didn’t bother her and she wouldn’t do anything about them, glow and an even tone was more important .

• Wow
Reactions: 4
@Handmaid Elvira :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I wish I could find the article where she stated wrinkles didn’t bother her and she wouldn’t do anything about them, glow and an even tone was more important .
She said something similar in that google+ chat with IK, but there she emphasized white teeth, if I'm remembering it correctly. I can't watch it again, even though I love you all so much!

Reactions: 3
It's the way it is presented as very black and white, when actually the whole make-up and skincare, botox and ageing thing is an area that raises so many questions. Yes, I do wear make-up and like to look presentable when I go out, but it would be a lie if I said that was purely for my own delight in make-up. If that was true I would be putting make-up on all the time, but instead, it's Sunday, I've stayed at home all day and have had a bare face all day.
I am honest enough to admit that some of my face care and makeup is down to societal expectations and creating identity as a woman 'who looks good for her age'. I'm also sure enough of my own identity to not want to take it any further, and botox or other 'tweakments' (LOATHE that word) are not for me. I'm also happy to share any knowledge with my friends and be honest about what I use/spend/rate when asked.

• Heart
Bit off topic but what does everyone think VB has had done to her face in total? She looks amazing. I find it hard to tell who’s had what in terms of ‘help’. She used to have acne so I’m assuming she has laser treatments to remove scarring and texture but what about Botox, fillers? I find it hard to trust anyone’s faces nowadays. It’s actually quite unsettling when I think too much about it.

I think VB looks terrific , it’s very subtle work and whoever her surgeon is , they are extremely good at what they do.

I think she’s had a nose job , laser treatment on her skin and Botox . I’ve no idea if she’s had fillers but if she has , again, very subtle and discreet.

There’s also a lot of use of a ring light to show oneself in the most favourable way and filter out the bits that are felt to be less flattering .

I don’t know if VB’s or Lisa Eldridge’s skin is as perfect in real life as it is on camera but a good light will do that .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I asked her recently, before I was sadly, tragically, brutally blocked , if she’d had her hair dyed because I remember her saying that she was allergic to dyes and was preparing to go grey. I wondered in my comment if she’d found a dye she wasn’t allergic to. She replied that she’d not had her hair coloured in 8 yrs. One of the nails in the truth coffin for me. Total bulllllllshit.
Has she forgotten that article she wrote for The Pool, accompanied with a photo of herself photoshopped with fully grey hair? She said over the next year she would either have to embrace the grey, or go blonde. “Watch this space”. It never happened!

Guess she wasn’t allergic to all brown hair dyes after all.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
A year ago I was having a tough time at work and my frowning forehead showed it, even before that I had lines like I was perpetually surprised. So, I started obsessing about my forehead, foundation would sit in the lines, I avoided powdering to stop emphasizing it, started contemplating bangs (which don't suit me) and then botox. My colleague has been doing it for several years, and she looks great, not overdone at all. But after a few months I abandoned the idea because of money and fear, and finally, I know I would find something else to be critical of. A few weeks ago I read somewhere that there is such a thing as violin hips and that I've got them (how have I been alive for 35 years and not know this), and apparently it's an issue for women to the extent that you should avoid certain clothes because of this particular "deformity".

In that google+ chat, which is now coming back to me in waves like flash-backs in a Vietnam war film, they talked about how not only would they tell their friend that they had bad work done, but the opposite as well. Imagine coming to your friend and saying out of the blue: These lines, you know you can get rid of them with this or that procedure. Now, that (almost) warrants a punch in the tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
One thing’s been bothering me.

Lucy Mangan is a co-founder of SHB, so has a clear vested interest, personal and financial, in SH’s personal and professional reputation.

Coincidentally (ahem) a few days after Skidmark Friday, Lucy devotes her entire one page column in Stylist to defending her friend and business partner’s reputation.

I get that friends want to defend friends. But when there’s an obvious and huge protection of the columnist’s own financial investments, how do they not have to *at least* declare that?

It seems bonkers to me that it’s ok for someone to get paid to write several hundred words to defend their other business ventures, all under the guise of an anti-bullying, anti-trolling essay.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
In that google+ chat, which is now coming back to me in waves like flash-backs in a Vietnam war film, they talked about how not only would they tell their friend that they had bad work done, but the opposite as well. Imagine coming to your friend and saying out of the blue: These lines, you know you can get rid of them with this or that procedure. Now, that (almost) warrants a punch in the tit.
I watched that last week and it was quite funny - IK said she’d had bad Botox and no-one had pointed it out to her. Where was Saint SallY??

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The lights certainly help. Don’t know about VB and agree, she looks amazing. Lisa has talked extensively about what she uses on her face, favouring in particular the Nuface Mini. I bought it (on eBay, 3rd of the price) and having used it regularly for the last year, it’s been the best anti-ageing tool I’ve purchased. The gel it comes with it a keeper too. No cream or serum has ever helped with firming up my middle- aged face as this little tool has. It’s helped me ease off on the ridiculous hunt for the next miraculous skincare product too. In fact I’ve scaled right back on both skincare and make up.

Having spent unnecessary amount of money on skincare, I no longer believe there is an over-the-counter product that can ‘erase’ anything face-related. Once I figured that out, it’s been nice to settle for what’s left as my natural middle-aged face. I like it, it’s got personality and when I smile I’ve got wrinkles. I would hate to erase that and replace it with generic smooth variety of a face.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
One thing’s been bothering me.

Lucy Mangan is a co-founder of SHB, so has a clear vested interest, personal and financial, in SH’s personal and professional reputation.

Coincidentally (ahem) a few days after Skidmark Friday, Lucy devotes her entire one page column in Stylist to defending her friend and business partner’s reputation.

I get that friends want to defend friends. But when there’s an obvious and huge protection of the columnist’s own financial investments, how do they not have to *at least* declare that?

It seems bonkers to me that it’s ok for someone to get paid to write several hundred words to defend their other business ventures.
Wait for it!! Lucy Mandan will be deleting her twitter history now, too!

The lights certainly help. Don’t know about VB and agree, she looks amazing. Lisa has talked extensively about what she uses on her face, favouring in particular the Nuface Mini. I bought it (on eBay, 3rd of the price) and having used it regularly for the last year, it’s been the best anti-ageing tool I’ve purchased. The gel it comes with it a keeper too. No cream or serum has ever helped with firming up my middle- aged face at this little tool.
how often are you using it? HotandFlashy really rates that, too.

When’s Saint Sally going to be posting her next foundation video? Anyone know? I have just checked and there’s not been a video since her rant that Fateful Friday!

Reactions: 1
I find makeup tutorials from people like Lisa Eldridge almost unusable due to the lighting, it makes it so almost bleached out that you can’t see any of the detail.

To start with it’s recommended to use the Nuface at least 5 days a week for the first month or two. Now I use it twice a week, basically when I remember and have time. It takes 5 mins. Lisa seems a bit obsessive with it and has joked about using it for a lot longer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.