Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way she talked (bragged) about LL losing her job is disgusting. Who knows what really happened, I doubt that a tweet and a call from IK was all it took.

Wonder what her next column will be about? We should start a poll. I say Christmas editions and advent calendars or something completely left field like Best funeral accessories.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The way she talked (bragged) about LL losing her job is disgusting. Who knows what really happened, I doubt that a tweet and a call from IK was all it took.

Wonder what her next column will be about? We should start a poll. I say Christmas editions and advent calendars or something completely left field like Best funeral accessories.
Skincare on a skiing holiday.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Now I vaguely remember after her VB reveal someone giddily asked if there would be a column. She hinted that columns are written 3 weeks in advance so maybe VB? Catering to the masses again and slightly late in the day but (y) .

And @Tesla's Ghost I'm sure there is more to the LL story if she feels that even her unsavoury version is perfectly OK. I'm sure I saw a tweet on here when she got the job with someone saying 'so SHs campaign to get Lauren Luke's job has worked'. Charming.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Now I vaguely remember after her VB reveal someone giddily asked if there would be a column. She hinted that columns are written 3 weeks in advance so maybe VB? Catering to the masses again and slightly late in the day but (y) .

And @Tesla's Ghost I'm sure there is more to the LL story if she feels that even her unsavoury version is perfectly OK. I'm sure I saw a tweet on here when she got the job with someone saying 'so SHs campaign to get Lauren Luke's job has worked'. Charming.
How long ago did SH get the Guardian gig?

Reactions: 1
How long ago did SH get the Guardian gig?
Since Jan 2011. Isn't that right in the thick of the 'Prawn' bullying?
Btw I found another tweet - someone said 'thank goodness for SH getting rid of Lauren Luke from The Guardian' which more than implies she took an active role in it. :(

• Sad
  • Sick
If she does it will be interesting because the reviews I’ve seen (by people who paid for the makeup themselves) are decidedly mixed. Anna Newton (theannaedit) is one that springs to mind. (It was on her stories though so might not still be there.)

Skincare on a skiing holiday.
During the day, when you are being pulled by a wire with legs in a position like you are trying to hide your genitals, be sure to wear a high SPF, I swear by The French Academy of Thermal Opulence 's Visage Leggere SPF 50 (£95). Don't forget to put a lip balm that also provides protection from the sun, as well as cold wind and hot beverages. Try Earth Goddess Mother's balm Womb (£35), hand made by a former socialite who had a nervous breakdown after her husband left her for his assistant, and is now trying to find something to do. Ingredients include bitter almond oil and traces of cocaine. Finally, the best hand cream that will protect your skin even as you wave goodbye to your offspring and the au pair that will look after them, Corsica's Rose Blubber (£24,50). And for budget recommendations - as if you can afford a skiing vacation.

There. I could be a beauty writer, too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
During the day, when you are being pulled by a wire with legs in a position like you are trying to hide your genitals, be sure to wear a high SPF, I swear by The French Academy of Thermal Opulence 's Visage Leggere SPF 50 (£95). Don't forget to put a lip balm that also provides protection from the sun, as well as cold wind and hot beverages. Try Earth Goddess Mother's balm Womb (£35), hand made by a former socialite who had a nervous breakdown after her husband left her for his assistant, and is now trying to find something to do. Ingredients include bitter almond oil and traces of cocaine. Finally, the best hand cream that will protect your skin even as you wave goodbye to your offspring and the au pair that will look after them, Corsica's Rose Blubber (£24,50). And for budget recommendations - as if you can afford a skiing vacation.

Ooh are you after her job?

• Haha
Ahh I just tried the method that someone shared about how Sali says to dry your fringe. Game changer!! So easy and simple but works so well.

Reactions: 3
Ahh I just tried the method that someone shared about how Sali says to dry your fringe. Game changer!! So easy and simple but works so well.
That method was taught to me by a hairdresser years ago to help me with my stupid cowlicks. I put a tiny amount of hair gel and brush side to side while drying.

This is all levels of amazing 😅😅😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes, the fringe advice revolutionised my hair life! And the babyliss big blow twirly thing

I too bought dross that didnt suit...like the suqqu. It sat in my pores. For all the time I had it, I had to work so hard to get it to sit anything like natural.
Her rosacea recommendations were always extremely poor, for my type anyways. Hence the craving for the Icelandic EGF stuff... Turns out prescription creams, plus retinol is the way to go, for mine at least. The worst for it was the ole henrikson orange popsicle cream. Yik.

Reactions: 4
It's hilarious. Haven't seen any evidence of "vacuous" women, in fact I've seen the opposite- witty, funny and intelligent posters
The posters on here are miles above Mumsnet. It's awful on there. Used to guilt read the AIBU round up but unsubscribed because it was just dire.

Well maybe not the whole forum but 90% of this thread anyway!😉

Reactions: 1
Yes, the fringe advice revolutionised my hair life! And the babyliss big blow twirly thing

I too bought dross that didnt suit...like the suqqu. It sat in my pores. For all the time I had it, I had to work so hard to get it to sit anything like natural.
Her rosacea recommendations were always extremely poor, for my type anyways. Hence the craving for the Icelandic EGF stuff... Turns out prescription creams, plus retinol is the way to go, for mine at least. The worst for it was the ole henrikson orange popsicle cream. Yik.
If you don't mind, were the prescription creams based on azelaic acid or something else? I can use retinols (non-prescription strength) 2 times a weak tops, otherwise I get irritated splotches on my face which look like dermatitis. Should I even bother with retinols if I can use them this little?

Last edited:
I have been quietly following the threads since joining on that fateful Friday! However, I have found a community of like minded people (i too must be a skid mark!), have laughed out aloud and followed with interest, the largely witty, sassy, compassionate and intelligent posts that have been written here. The exposure of twitter bullying and sheer ruthlessness of people I respected has been both shocking and eye opening. DOP is ace and has a special place in my heart..especially after mousegate!! :)
I also, like others, have made purchases that I couldn’t afford in trying to attain something that isn’t real. However, you live and learn, and as long as we do learn (forums like this help!), then hopefully our bank balances and self esteem will be all the better for it :)

However, can I just add that I have never respected IK!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I have been quietly following the threads since joining on that fateful Friday! However, I have found a community of like minded people (i too must be a skid mark!), have laughed out aloud and followed with interest, the largely witty, sassy, compassionate and intelligent posts that have been written here. The exposure of twitter bullying and sheer ruthlessness of people I respected has been both shocking and eye opening. DOP is ace and has a special place in my heart..especially after mousegate!! :)
I also, like others, have made purchases that I couldn’t afford in trying to attain something that isn’t real. However, you live and learn, and as long as we do learn (forums like this help!), then hopefully our bank balances and self esteem will be all the better for it :)

However, can I just add that I have never respected IK!
Careful now, or wee Eric will be round yours soon.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.