Sali Hughes #48 "One should not bob rashly"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just going to ask what happened to the exclusively curated boxes šŸ˜‚ but the screenshot suggests she has another planned- how long has it been since the last one? I had forgotten that happened until just now.

Reactions: 4
Judging by this and the last thread title, these are rave threads now :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I know we can all look vastly different in different photos, but this is so marked. The first is her Twitter profile pic, so how she chooses to present herself. The second is Revolutionā€™s colab promo. Presumably Sali had limited input into how she was styled and filtered by Revolution?

762890B4-0432-4519-9164-7E93B4210F4A.jpeg

A9C16C66-BF24-45E2-89A0-3B0C3A9DF8E3.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I think I'm right in remembering that she originally posted that first picture on Instagram with a caption along the lines of 'This is the face of a woman who's just been given a fake Ā£50 note for a piece of furniture she sold' (when presumably the real caption was 'This is a very flattering picture of me and I'm desperate for an excuse to post it').

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The recent ā€˜in the wildā€™ photo is probably a reasonable reality check, although itā€™s low res.

9C24BC7C-86AB-452B-904D-3505814C4D42.jpeg

I canā€™t decide if all the filtering matters? It does impact her fans who look at her filtered (plus filled and botoxed) image and think that buying whatever sheā€™s shilling will help them achieve that look. I was naive and ignorant of it before coming on here, clearly some others are too, making us sitting ducks to be sold to. But if, for example, she wants to pretend her face is markedly narrower than it actually is, does that negatively affect anyone? Except for making her look very insecure. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Yeah I don't know if Sali can be blamed for that when filtering and face tuning is the norm especially among influencers

I have a similar face shape. It photographs wide and flat when in real life, it is more oval. I don't bother facetuning though because I never want to see shock in people's eyes when they see what I really look like.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Yeah I don't know if Sali can be blamed for that when filtering and face tuning is the norm especially among influencers
But she spent months (years?) claiming #nofilter and created her #prettyhonest brand. You either claim that or keep shtum and go along with the herd.

Reactions: 22
Oh I don't disagree. I'm just saying that filtering is to be expected on IG and social media, sadly. Sali didn't create those societal expectations (though of course she contributes to it as a pretty honest influencer)

I think I'm right in remembering that she originally posted that first picture on Instagram with a caption along the lines of 'This is the face of a woman who's just been given a fake Ā£50 note for a piece of furniture she sold' (when presumably the real caption was 'This is a very flattering picture of me and I'm desperate for an excuse to post it').
Did she learn nothing at The Gap?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
SH is one of the few influencers I know anything much about and the only one whose content I comment on (because it was she who directed me here). I imagine that whatever I might criticise about her content as an influencer, the same - and worse - could be said about thousands of others.

Reactions: 15
It is worth mentioning that Ogilvy and their affiliates will no longer work with any influencers who alter their pictures. About time, and I hope others, particularly beauty brands follow.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
SH is one of the few influencers I know anything much about and the only one whose content I comment on (because it was she who directed me here). I imagine that whatever I might criticise about her content as an influencer, the same - and worse - could be said about thousands of others.
Exactly, I'm not defending Sali, I'm just saying that being an influencer doesn't make her immune to societal pressures, facetuning, filtering and so on. The problem runs far deeper than her.

Reactions: 15
I know we can all look vastly different in different photos, but this is so marked. The first is her Twitter profile pic, so how she chooses to present herself. The second is Revolutionā€™s colab promo. Presumably Sali had limited input into how she was styled and filtered by Revolution?

View attachment 1188275
View attachment 1188276
Two different people. Face shape (heart vs round), face width, eye size ... It's remarkable. Has to be more than different lenses at play here? #2 is how she looks in the wild.

And, I've done it again. The well-travelled highway between the bilge spilling out of my brain and my fingertips is the path of least resistance. One day I will learn to read before I post šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

I have a similar face shape. It photographs wide and flat when in real life, it is more oval. I don't bother facetuning though because I never want to see shock in people's eyes when they see what I really look like.
Yeah, what's the point? You're only fooling people who don't know you, in which case, who cares? The thought of people I do know seeing manipulated images is too weird. 22-year-old me might have thought differently though? Never not glad to have spent those years without the internet in my face

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
The recent ā€˜in the wildā€™ photo is probably a reasonable reality check, although itā€™s low res.

View attachment 1188713

I canā€™t decide if all the filtering matters? It does impact her fans who look at her filtered (plus filled and botoxed) image and think that buying whatever sheā€™s shilling will help them achieve that look. I was naive and ignorant of it before coming on here, clearly some others are too, making us sitting ducks to be sold to. But if, for example, she wants to pretend her face is markedly narrower than it actually is, does that negatively affect anyone? Except for making her look very insecure. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
I canā€™t help it. Whenever I look at that picture I think ā€œNanny McPheeā€

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.