Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
I've always hated my thighs (and they ARE much bigger than hers - not a thigh gap in sight) and pics like these of women who are obviously very slim and still claim that something makes them look "big" don't help (I know I shouldn't mind, but I do).

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Why is she so blunt in her comment responses? Someone asks if the ~crem~ contains retinol and she literally just replies ‘No.’ Like… you’re being paid to provide customer service for a brand here?! Do your job.

• Haha
  • Wow

geecee

New poster here. I can’t stop laughing and had to stop lurking.
Yesterday she said she had a great deal with EL coming. The great deal is a free mascara on a £70 spend 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow

Crem'

I know 🙄 The most shameless imo was Hershesons. There was a time she mentioned them about 4 columns in quick succession in The Guardian. And she gets free treatments from them 🤔
How can this be at all ethical.
Someone btl wrote that Sali's column used to be so much more than a shopping list. And this is so true. It's almost as if there are products she must plug, and the columns are written around them.

I used to be fascinated by her looks, for I too am a jolie-laide. I was drawn in, joined GTL, purchased countless unsuitable products etc. An eyelash curler she recommended swallowed up most of my eyelashes. I am blushing and close to tears as I write this, I feel so stupid. I blame my vanity and credulity.

Anyway, I now look carefully at beauty companies' marketing ways. Any product heavily advertised on Insta a no-no for me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

Leonard

Oh Beefies the shame. I’m actually wearing white jeans today. (Couldn’t give a shit about what my thighs look like tbh)
I’ve also admitted here before that I own (and like) my poo coloured socks.
Am I still welcome here?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
'Unfortunately my life isn't set up for lab conditions in that way'. Jeez Sali, what she's asking for is hardly unreasonable. If you're too busy to do it properly why bother?

Also, she just face palmed a commenter. Lovely

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Personally I’m thrilled. I’m absolutely as fat as can be. She’s teeny tiny and look how it rules her life. I have no desire for that, and if I were her size I’d dress totally differently, so I’m not even jealous.

• Heart

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Hasn’t she changed her style to fit with the influencer aesthetic? It started around the time of her post-breast surgery Greek holiday. Endless repeat selfies of a sludgy palate of colours, hideous chunky designer shoes and high-end brands, rather than her previous Top Shop tea dresses, bright colours and leopard print etc. Seemed to signal her fully selling out to the influencer career path. She clearly had a sharp increase in spending/gifting of brands around this time.

End result:

View attachment 1053831
“Mmmmm, crem“.

• Haha

Disillusioned

VIP Member
An eyelash curler she recommended swallowed up most of my eyelashes. I am blushing and close to tears as I write this, I feel so stupid. I blame my vanity and credulity.
I’m sorry, @Crem’. You’ve really brought home how damaging all this is. As for vanity and credulity, I guess that could be applied to many of us on here, but I reject it (for all of us). For starters, at least we saw the light. But also, it’s human nature, that’s why the whole industry of influencing has been possible.

• Heart

crossword

I am always amused at the amount of times Sali forgets something when she goes anywhere and has to pop into a shop to replace it. Twice in this video. Despite all her vast stash and multiple travel pouches it seems a common occurance for her.
I think that’s what is called a plot device. 🧐😂

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Ok I've been debating whether to say this but I'm going to. For ages she constantly shoehorns in that she's a teeny weeny XS size 8. Well I'm going to come out and say that for a while she has been wearing clothes that are a a size too small for her (apart from the deliberately oversized stuff) and she should be going for the S or size ten. I'm not for a minute saying that a size ten isn't slim, of course it is. Also Sali, you are utterly tedious and fishing for compliments. You're 47, grow up and stop acting like a teen

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Houseplantkiller

Really disappointing that a self proclaimed 'feminist' is STILL making fat shaming comments at almost 50 years of age - she should know better by now. I too am puzzled at how she's CONSTANTLY dropping in about how teeny-weeny she is - I never see any other influencers/ instagrammers even mention their size. I've mentioned here before but I see her 'in the wild' a fair bit and she's not known for being tiny, she's a short but an average looking short woman. I have extremely slender friends (size 4/6/) who never feel the need to mention their size let alone wang on about it constantly.

Agree that her sponsors should be more rigorous with checking for bots - absolutely fraudulent to take on work/ fees based on having x amount of followers when a large amount of them aren't real.

• Heart

TightShip

'Unfortunately my life isn't set up for lab conditions in that way'. Jeez Sali, what she's asking for is hardly unreasonable. If you're too busy to do it properly why bother?

Also, she just face palmed a commenter. Lovely
Fuck sake.

She seems to forget that she needs her followers far more than they need her. She's in a saturated market, so you'd think she'd be even slightly pleasant.

• Heart

CornedBeefHashtag

That face cream ad is a complete con. She uses Botox - a lot of it. No mention of that which I can see! Totally misleading and disingenuous.

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
“Hiya. She here. When you use lip liner do you over-line your lips using feathery strokes or with a big thick line? Thought so. Yes, I invented that method ages ago. Bye.” What a TWAT.

• Haha
  • Sick