Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
The bath Ad is slightly amateur but nowhere need as bad as “scalp IS skin Argh!” The other clips make a little more sense now.

Reactions: 7

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Honestly though, that "busy working mother" schtick is wearing thin for me. I'm not trying to defend Sali here, but jeez, the martyrdom.
Nah I'd tend to agree. It's only after I read it back I noticed. Still though, Sali is supposedly 'working' here and should be a bit more polite in her response

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
But as a skin care guru, when they realised (or she educated them) that SCALP IS SKIN!!! The ad just wrote itself 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I can't find it to link to but has anyone seen the gift guide in today's Guardian? It's peak Guardian.
Is Sali involved? Or is it one of those where various contributors are involved? If you could be bothered could you (or anyone) post a photo of the most Guardiany bits? 😂

Re Harry Styles range - I wonder which will get a mention first by Sali, that range (even ironically) or Lisa Eldridge's? 🤔

• Haha

Mselvista

VIP Member
The quote is " If the product is free then you are the product". Also...Get. Your. Hair. CUT. Sali. Its lank and draining and aging
And it's also applicable to free "expert content".

I do think that SH talks about expensive skincare in a fairly responsible way. Leaving aside (if one can) that her role as an influencer is to encourage people to buy stuff, I think she gives a fair response to the question 'Is this incredibly expensive moisturiser worth it?' I.e. Yes if money is no object but no if it's a choice between that and a winter coat.

I suppose I'm comparing particularly with Caroline Hirons and the frenzied spending she appears to encourage around her expensive skincare 'kits'. I know she says something like 'don't put skincare on your credit card' but her actions seem to say otherwise.
I agree about what SH said in the video about whether what she called "super luxe" products are "worth it". She rather undermined her point though by liking a comment that said something to the effect of "I love your videos but my credit card doesn't".

Last edited:
  • Sad

nolite

Chatty Member
Just took delivery of my Lisa Eldridge foundation and so relieved that I managed to get the shade choice (12) bang on. Whacked it on over my make up (because I have no self control) and it's lovely so far. Very 'blurrrrrry'. The packaging is something else. Super super lush.

Has anyone else bought her highlighter?
I received mine today too. Really like the finish and effect.....and I think it's the best colour match I've ever had in a foundation (Shade 5 for me). I got one of the highlighters when I ordered the lipsticks last month. Love that too. Very pigmented so you don't need much. No RoboCop metallic sheen which is always my issue with highlighters.

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
But She Here has an army of testers who fall over themselves to be lab rats for Sali’s geeky pseudo scientific beauty research. She doesn’t test everything herself (despite her love of product). She gets one of her *literally hundreds* of volunteers to screw up their skin & hair for her useless column & pointless opinions. And by hundreds of volunteers she means Lauren.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Did she not write articles before about how women in the public eye were dishonest about the lengths they go to stay in shape and how that whole "I don't do anything, am just naturally this way!" thing was doing women a disservice?
Yes she did. She wrote how she interviewed Hollywood stars (no idea when but 🤷‍♀️) and it used to infuriate her that they said they ate chips and burgers but in reality didn't. It was one reason she admired Gwyneth Paltrow because she was open about eating miniscule amounts of seeds.

Reactions: 6

Aude

VIP Member
So many questions. I can only imagine there'd be spillage at the top and a crushed abdomen feeling below that would make eating and drinking most unpleasant
I occasionally wear a corset (a proper boned, laced one) with certain vintage dresses which pulls me in around the middle much more than compression tights would. There does seem to be room inside for your insides to squidge up a bit. You see these amazing/freakishly small waists that some women (and men) achieve through corseting.

melfish

VIP Member
Are you by any chance right handed? I ask, because mine is too, and (pseudoscience alert!) my hairdresser says she can generally tell whether someone’s left/right handed depending on which side/temple of their hair is in better nick, and that whatever “side/handed” you are, that tends to be the side that’s brushed more, heat-styled more, generally absent-mindedly messed with more throughout the day.

I know that’s only extremely tangentially related to hair loss/receding, rather than hair condition, but mines noticeably thinner on the right than the left too and I really struggle to come up with an explanation which would allow me to do something to mitigate that.
Hmm, I was born of an era when people thought it prudent to make a leftie a rightie. It stuck with some things and not others. I write with my right hand, but throw with my left etc

Thinking about it, I do hold styling appliances in my right hand . But I normally let my hair air dry and I don't really brush it (beef face)

• Heart

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
Thanks @NotDumbNotBlonde and @Nonhater - I’ll be there midweek so hoping it won’t be packed. I might even get colour matched by the lady herself if I’m lucky! 😂
I was sad not to see Lisa because I have a bit of a girl crush on her.
@Nonhater I'm intrigued by the sound of shades not yet available online. Can you tell more please? Not that I'm keen to go there again unless they opened specially for meeee alone, plus, i always get lost in Covent Garden 🙄

FrankieBelle

VIP Member
Oh I love the hairdresser. It's two hours of sitting down, reading my book, drinking coffee and with someone touching my head. Best part is the need massage at the backwash.

The inane shite chat pales into insignificance.