Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Runestone

I caved and looked up the bedroom pics and honestly am not a fan. The reds don’t really match and she’s used white, cream, beige window seat, and a light grey bed which also aren’t cohesive. Just cause the colours are all lighter than you Sali doesn’t make them neutrals that pair together. Add in the dog sleeping on all that and it’s going to get grotty very quickly. I‘d say only her and her partners opinion matter but then again she posted the pics for the world to see. I’m not a mate invited in for a tour so don’t have to play polite and say yes dear it’s lovely. Random strangers on the internet don’t owe influencers likes if what they produce isn‘t to their taste.

Also super confused by the exchange and had to read it a couple times to understand what was going on. Jane Eyre is actually my all time favourite and is soooo far removed from the pictures vibes I cringe. Then Sali makes it worse with her “adjusts bonnet draws likeness“ comment. When Jane drew anything in the book it was things like creepy shipwrecks, or a harsh self portrait contrasted with a beautiful imagining of Blanche to convince herself Rochester could see nothing in her. Like tell me you’ve never read Jane Eyre without telling me you’ve never read Jane Eyre 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Two for maintenance alone seems a bit excessive? I mean, I haven't been to the hairdresser's for ages, but don't they all offer haircut AND colour?
What you’re forgetting, Makka, is that this is no ordinary hair, like that sported by us beef-faces. This is special hair… sensitive, temperamental, demanding, high-maintenance, FEATURED IN VOGUE. Different artistes are required to wrangle different aspects of it. As marvellous as Josh Wood might be at tending to her roots, the implication is that she wouldn’t trust them near her with a pair of scissors. And visa versa for Hersheshons and a bottle of Spring Blossom Domestos. Then she needs her My Little Pony lady to glue (ethical?) extensions in, at a third location. It’s not just hair, it’s (almost) a career.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

WinterSolstice

VIP Member
I hear Nars are bringing out a brand new paler than pale shade called Cardiff in honour of Sal

it’ll be Medium 2 to everyone else

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Missypissy

Do you think the Head and Shoulders director said we need big exasperated peri meno energy for this take
Because this is defo the vibe I give off on a hormonally challenging day...

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I can’t stop watching it 🤣 “one more take ladies, Sali this time can you be even more exasperated? As exasperated as when people tweet you to ask where your glasses are from? Or the shade of foundation or lipstick you’re wearing even though it’s in the credits?”

• Haha

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
Can we also please not forget just how shit her hair looks these days. Am amazed they let her tag them, she is not the best advert for their craft.

B40A0146-026D-459E-BB5A-908CD88B9316.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
Agree, “oh but she’s cute and old” is incredibly patronising for someone who has had immense power and who had atrocities committed in her name. She’s not even cute 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 31

melfish

VIP Member
I'll never get over this

"I go to so few launches that I think my reputation among PRs is poor. Perhaps I should go to more, but for me they are not a cost effective use of my time. I don’t live in London, I’m a single mother with no paid childcare, and so to travel there in order to see a moisturiser or lipstick seems wasteful – in terms of time and money (I could have written a feature in the same time and unlike salaried journalists, I am not paid for attending launches, only for writing words). I have several branches to my job and I can’t justify going to a launch when there’s always something I should be writing at home. I also prefer not to attend functions where every journalist hears the same presentation, sees the same demonstration etc. This frustrates some brands and PRs, and I understand why. But what I tend to do instead is sit at a table in a London cafe or bar for a whole day, and have PRs drop in one after the other to discuss which products they have coming up. This way I can pack in much more information and product, have unique, tailored and more insightful conversations, and can manage my own schedule. It’s a much better way of working for me, and yields better content from my perspective."
Carry yourself with the confidence of a mediocre white man and/or Sali Hughes

• Haha
  • Sick

Panstickpinkie

It's gross. The more money these insta-idiots have, the less they pay for stuff. Just pay for the haircut Sali, ffs.
It’s especially gross in this current climate. My poor hairdresser has lost loads of clients due to them still being too nervous to return to the salon. How could you possibly feel good about taking soooo many freebies??!!

• Sad

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
but none of those things has cost me more than a tenner, I would never spend my hard earned on anything significantly more than that because of Shill Here.
Shill Here has got to be an early nomination for the next thread title.

Just spotted this. Apparently it's 'naff' to try to hold a publication to account for not paying writers.

You know what’s funny? Literally everybody in any kind of writing profession has experienced not being paid, being screwed around with money, wages, commissions etc, being asked to work for free or exposure, and more. And yet Ms Big Time Journalist is completely oblivious to this very real and common struggle and takes the side of…the website screwing women over. Talk about naff.
afaik one of those women was the young writer who wrote the lovely lipstick column about her experience dealing with her partner’s cancer. Can’t remember her name right now. Imagine being on the side of The Pool instead of her, for example. Sali is a vile, vile woman.

Last edited:
  • Angry

melfish

VIP Member
By turn, all of London's fanciest PRs, having clamoured to get an audience with Queen Sali, genuflect before her as they tremulously approach her table. The milk on a lone cup of builder's tea gently congeals as she's been holding court here since 11am and it's now nearing six. Makeup has been publically refreshed half a dozen times (so sassy!) and the wait staff, glared into submission, avert their eyes each time they pass her table ...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30