Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

IrishViolet

Another newbie, yes lured in by the "viral video" - wtaf... I also agree that the threads (and I've read most of them: currently in a lot of hospital waiting rooms) aren't bullying at ALL, but an accurate reflection on someone who, from when I first encountered her on twitter, seemed hell-bent on fame and didn't care who she trampled to get it.

Don't think this has been covered so here goes- I was a twitter early adopter (back in the days when it was all CM and G Dent "bantering"- oof) and watched in astonishment as SH went from nowhere to cool girls lynchpin by industrial strength sucking up. Literally ALL of her bluetick coven were met on the site. (Not to mention, of course, her husband.) I watched the LL night of the long knives in astonishment ("innocently tweeted" ha ha). I watched her become bezzies with first IK and then the others - although IK seems to have been relegated a bit now she lives in the country and isn't as famous as Lala and CM.

But what I found oddest of all is that she seemed to have had ZERO friends before twitter. All her tribe, all the famous types she rattles on about, were met there. This, if nothing else, is deeply deeply weird. Not to mention the husband too.

Side note- was also astonished at how susceptible to the sucking up they all were. Yuk. So I think you can infer that all those "she's the loveliest, kindest person" hymns of praise from the bluetickys can be translated as "I love having my arse licked".

Yours curtain-twitchily, Violet

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Mselvista

VIP Member
How can we get them to though?
We can't. And we shouldn't try. People can seek it out if they want to know more and make their own judgement (which may not accord with ours). That would be seen as a campaign against SH and make her a victim all over again. "Even after my video on Friday these women plotted from their sewers, discussing how they could best drip their poison about me to members of my FB group. Ordinary women, women whose only crimes are having an interest in beauty, a belief that it's possible to both wear a red lip and hold an opinion on the prorogation of parliament, and a ticket for one of my upcoming John Lewis Beauty Weekend Beauty On-the-Go events where I'll be playing such classics as "Train makeup etiquette", "Sticks, sticks, sticks" and "Applying makeup in public is terribly chic, the queen does it so it can't be non-U, now can it?" (link in bio)."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

miagia

I love how having a charity suddenly makes you a saint. Some absolute psychos set up charities/foundations for good PR and tax dodging. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book: put a load of money in a tax free environment and have everyone think you're Jesus. I mean most private schools including Eton are charities...does this mean we can't criticise them?! For clarity, I dont think for a minute that Sali uses her charity for tax dodging or anything criminal....but it just makes me laugh when setting up a charity is whipped out as a defence to bad behaviour, when it's often a deflecting tactic of the most disgusting of people! Example of this: Jimmy Savile!

• Heart
  • Wow
I’ve just caught up here properly after a busy day. My little #povfaces, how are you? Did any of you manage to open your curtains or string a sentence together? I doubt it.

I’d just really like to say how lovely I am and how much I would never stoop to the level of bullying. Except that one time when someone told me Dawn was a Prawn and I ran with it because I found myself really rather smart. And the other time I had to publicly slate the efforts of a colleague because I wanted what she had (a job). Oh yeah and the other time when I slagged off that awful woman who has money. Can’t remember her name. Don’t know what you’re on about. Thanks. Sx

The Mumsnet thread closing is disappointing. It goes some way to normalising a censored debate instead of an organic one and that is never healthy. It saddens me that tattle has a reputation as I really don’t think it’s bad at all. It’s normal and natural and if influencers have the piss taken out of them, so what?! It gives the normal people a chance to realise how undesirable that horrible, narcisistic world is.

It puts the willies through me to think my daughters will grow up to have bizarre stepford wives and mean girls putting out an aggressive narrative which even democratic platforms refuse to let people speak out against. This is truly a worrying time for the UK.

As for woke: it is the least woke thing in the world to stifle discussion. I am seriously considering doxxing myself and publishing all my comments to normalise disagreeing. I’ve had mad ideas today about starting an instagram with one screen grab from this thread a day (only from users who give permission, of course) or about writing to a national broadsheet with receipts and ideas and theory in order to open up an actual balanced conversation. I know some of this sounds a bit mad but I truly believe there is a social media ruling class and they are taking it too far.

Please excuse such a garbled message as I’ve been in meetings for 11 hours non stop.

• Haha
  • Heart

Ya whot

👋 new here but finally read all the threads.

I'm disgusted with Sali. Not only has she lied to get attention she's proved that she's the real bully. How can she get away with this? I think to save her career she needs to retract that video and offer a full apology. It's appalling that she's tried to claim she was bullied and trolled. There are people out there that have actually faced abuse online and it isn't a tool someone should use because they were called out on their lack of transparency.
I'll be cancelling my donation to the guardian asap and inform them why!

• Heart

Mselvista

VIP Member
If IK wants to send her husband round mine, please, be my guest. My husband is not a politician but he's 6'1", built like a wardrobe (17 stone), used to be a pro swimmer, does Krav Maga and has a fuse shorter than EJ's dick (probably) is. :sneaky:
I've got 2 teenage sons.
5'10" and 5'7".
They'd be useless.
EJ might wish to perform a citizen's arrest on them for their misfortune in having an unmarried volcel for a mum. If he could bring the bin in while he"s here that would be great because I've being doing it weekly for 14 years now and I'd appreciate someone else doing it just this once. Plus it's raining something shocking out there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

tpreston

you can stop saying 'if' Sali is reading this. There's no doubt she reading it, but will be taking none of the valid criticisms in due to her misplaced ego.

That jumper she's had made with 'lipstick, literature, liberalism' made my toes curl more than I thought a piece of knitwear possibly could. A large part of my body is curling in on itself.

Proper middle class, 'ironic' sorry not sorry FBPE flavoured gin live laugh love wineo'clock toploader twee bollocks.

Sali - you're reading this - burn that jumper. Go into your back garden and burn it. please. For all our sakes. No excuses. Light it up.

Whatever thought process you had when ordering - psychologists have sectioned people for less - you know now it wasn't clever or witty or ironic. Just smug twee shite. Torch it. Dont give it away, someone homeless doesn't deserve that in their life. The charity shop worker rifling through the donation pile doesn't deserve to read it. Burn it.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I've just been out shopping and dog walking dragging my deformed beefy incel carcass round the shops worrying about people leaping out to punch my tits or India Knight's husband skulking in the frozen veg aisle and have come back to so many new members - it's lovely! Actually on second thoughts if any of you are pretty I won't be happy ©India Knight.

• Haha

Lechat

VIP Member
So I really don’t buy this “poor Sali” routine that people are buying into left, right and centre, without bothering to check the facts. She is well capable of giving as good as she gets and has only gone on the defensive now as she got caught harassing people who dare to disagree with her. Her and her mates’ nasty comments about “skid mark” lives and IK’s offer of her thug husband going round to see people shows exactly who they are.
Above quote from previous thread. Agree x1000.

It’s amazing how these influencers make their own drama really. I’ve never followed Sali other than dip in and out of her column but I had noticed her rather authoritarian and virtue signalling tone popping up on social media from other huns liking her posts. It got me thinking why she is so determined (like CH) to be this right on female that’s 100% correct about everything and post those opinions left right and centre? That everyone has to agree with or the devoted huns will be set on you?? It’s ridiculous and not surprising that some followers have turned against being preached at when they initially started following for some light beauty articles.
I hope the scales fall from peoples eyes as people need to see these influencers for what they are - sales people that get very aggressive when their business is threatened. And yes it is a business, no doubt Sali like most others has a private limited company. And she’s rich. Very rich compared to most of her followers. As for the blindly devoted crew they are either other influencers or people with just no sense to not see the reality, happy with getting a like from their favourite influencer in insta like a bird getting crumbs.
Hopefully the elite influencer group (mainly white, rich and represented) will do enough damage to themselves through their threatening and thuggish behaviour online that it will completely turn people away from these awful women.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think that if my Twitter account contained so much bitching and bullying that deleting the whole thing was the only way to hide it I'd be seriously reflecting on the kind of person that I was.

Boogs

VIP Member
I don’t have any particular issue with Sali Hughes. I’m not jealous of her looks and I don’t follow her. What I do have an issue with is public figures misleading people and then responding with histrionics and lies when they are called on it. If you’re going to become a self appointed influencer (sorry journalist) then be honest and upfront and accept that not everyone is going to like you or agree with you. Don’t throw your toys out of the pram and get your mean girls to pile on with vicious words that are far more personal and bullying than the majority of the stuff I read on here

Mutley

Hi everyone! I came over from Insta after seeing Sali's video. I have always been ambivalent about Sali, as I find she comes across as very cold and a bit snooty but I haven't taken enough notice of her to form much of a judgement. However, i was pretty distressed myself, seeing her so distressed in that video. Until I found this place, read the threads, and found very little matched with what she'd described, which I find irritating when I think of the outpouring of sympathy. Also, the fact these people have got away with actual, proper bullying too. Thank goodness for places like this, where The Truth can be discussed.

I dont have anything to add, but I wanted to tell you that the last few pages have had me energetically sniggering. You guys are bloody hilarious!

• Heart

Londonlondon

I was a member of GTL/SHB and l honestly think the truth in all this is somewhere in the middle. I don’t think criticism of her husband, her children, her assistant, friends and the way she treats her dog is at all justifiable. It’s just too much. She seems like a loving and caring partner/ mother/ friend etc. I would absolutely hate to have my life dissected in that way. It would be such an invasion of my privacy. I don’t know her and have never met her but that is the impression l get from SM.

However l do think that SH has some blind spots with regards to soft selling and inadvertently promoting the trend culturally which seems to be almost a phobia developing around women showing their age. Foreheads must be youthful and move as one surface, no lines ‘elevens’ between the eyes etc. No parallel lines if you lift your eyebrows and this worries and depresses me.

Then when l noticed that SH also uses #nofilter #noretouch or whatever those # are - it leaves me feeling cold as someone who is a little older and trying to follow a more Naomi Watts approach to ageing. It is really hard and l have certainly got to the point where l called up the Mayfair office of Dr Frances PJ but it is £200 for a consultation then upwards of £400 for a single treatment etc. It is too much. And on top of that when SH promotes that Icelandic serum that was something like £80 for 10 mls in the Guardian - l don’t remember exactly - that really bothered me. We need more transparency in SM, more accepting of lines and texture on people’s faces as they age. It’s getting a little out of hand. I do think also Instagram even if it is #pressgift is still a form of advertising - 100% Even if the Influencer isn’t paid-money is often exchanged from those that are Influenced to the brand/product. The more softer the sell - the more persuasive. I know this as a friend works for one an Influencer management agency and bottles slightly turned so as to look naturalistic. You are being sold to, you are being influenced - you are parting with your money. Make no mistake this placement is valuable for a brand.

I have wasted money on products recommended by SH and l need to be less easily influenced. I need to control my spending, no one is making me part with my money, l have a choice. BUT some l have also loved and repurchased many times eg Givency Teint Balm or whatever it’s called. Love it.

I did feel the atmosphere on the GTL was at times sycophantic and intense but l don’t think she is at all as bad as is made out. If her content triggers you as it did me just switch off, unfollow, limit your exposure. I really don’t see the point of following someone who irritates you, life is too damn short.

Anyway l won’t post anymore on this l just wanted to get my point out, very rambling but l am currently babysitting my sisters kids.

Last edited:

Busted

Hi, I’ve also found myself lurking here after seeing Sali’s hysterical, misleading video.

I don’t do Instagram so was unaware of the dodgy affiliations/recommendations stuff. Thank you to Sali for sending me here and discovering this, as I’m sure many others have. What an own goal!

I only follow on Twitter, and like others on here, have found her increasingly rude, overly defensive and completely lacking any self-awareness or ability to accept any differing opinion.

She has rushed out that video in a panic (as she tweeted one person, that she found out 20 min before making it that she had been accused herself of bullying) to deflect any blame for herself and instead make people think she has been the victim of direct relentless, horrific abuse. And cue the outcry from friends and fans without any of them checking the facts first. I can guarantee many of those have since been here and seen that, rather than the cesspit of skid marks, it’s actually, mostly, a group of articulate, intelligent people who happen to just be pissed off with the wool being pulled over their eyes when it comes to spending their hard earned money. The likes of the vile IK don’t see the hypocrisy in their trolling behaviour, or slagging off this site. They’re all guilty of the behaviour they are condemning, just on another site.

What most ‘boils my piss’ is the fact Sali has said many many times on Twitter that one of her least favourite people are those that are ‘Twitter grasses.’ She has pretty much said she is free to slag off whoever she wants in her own timeline as long as she’s not @ing them in, so gets really irate when someone does just that (I also agree, that is a shit move). So how is this site any different? Everyone here has done exactly as she has many times (albeit, without the huge number of followers which makes it more likely to get back to the person she is attacking), and so her anger should be directed at those who grassed this site up, her husband and friends (or was it her children, I can’t keep up with the lies?) Without them, she’d still be completely unaware, and that’s totally fine, according to her ‘rules.’

Finally, what has riled me most is how, with this hysterical, ranting video, she has diminished and belittled the experience of those who do suffer REAL bullying online. We see it every day on sites like Twitter, where people are directly threatened, abused and ridiculed in huge numbers where they are literally driven from SM and/or suffer serious MH problems because of it. And often, it’s the likes of SH, IK and cronies who are responsible.

The only consolation is that I can guarantee every one of her ‘friends’ (and SH herself for sure) has been GLUED to these threads over the last couple of days and she probably knows that many of those who rushed to her defence are now feeling a bit duped, realising that she wasn’t, as she insinuated in the video, being directly harassed or bullied, not to mention, seeing that there has clearly been a lot of previous bullying from her and other members on her FB pages, and realising they were outraged under completely false pretences. Her tactic of shutting down these discussions has rather backfired 😂

• Heart

Cohle

I think Sali is beautiful, my concerns are with her attitude to disclosure and the way she has misrepresented the content of these threads to serve her own ends.

It seems deeply misogynistic to dismiss those concerns as the bitterness of ugly women who are just jealous of Sali because of how pretty she is. I think some of Sali’s supporters need to take a hard look at their own behaviour and use of language.

Reactions: 24

miagia

I'm ill in bed so have nothing better to do. Sorry if some of these screenshots have been posted before, but I think this makes clear that the campaign of hate was large, that DP blocked Sally, that Sally was a ringleader in it all (although all tweets have been deleted), that they were (in their own words) baiting her, that they called her names, that they FULLY understand the concept of "hate watching" as opposed to just unfollowing, and that they tore apart her writing and documentaries e.g. her work. Safe to say I'll be sharing printouts of these screenshots with the relevant authorities.

20191001_073726.jpg
20191001_081530.jpg
20191001_073813.jpg
20191001_081614.jpg
20191001_081549.jpg
20191001_081632.jpg
20191001_081734.jpg
20191001_073547.jpg
20191001_081719.jpg
20191001_073700.jpg

Sorry, forgot to add the baiting one:

20191001_081508.jpg

Oh, and they mocked her appearance as well - laughing at her hair.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry

Yel

Chatty Member
How can you complain about bullying when there is such clear evidence of your own absolutely atrocious behaviour? Sali sure has balls. The fucking cheek of it.
I think she genuinely is that stupid and thinks different rules apply to her. The type that is a nasty bully all under the guise of "I'm just giving my opinon, not trolling just making statements" but can't handle it if a fraction of that comes back at her.

Monumentally stupid to make up so many lies about what was posted on tattle and think it wouldn't catch up with her.

alwaysontime

Hi everyone, I’m a new member to this website as a result of the infamous SH video which I came across yesterday after resting a sycophantic article about her on Stylist (which I’m guessing her mate Lucy Mangan has initiated). As one of the original victims of SH’s bullying, I am watching this story unravel with utmost fascination.

Firstly, after watching the video I came here to check for myself if her accusations were truthful. I’ve long quit social media, however have found nothing particularly offensive on here. In many ways this website is no better or worse to any other SM platforms out there. SH is over-reacting because she can not tolerate a different opinion to hers. And she is extremely annoyed because people have dared to scrutinise her on a platform she has no control of.

When someone has build a career from using the ‘honesty’ word as a benchmark for the standard of their competence, after a while it it must become extremely tricky to thread waters in non-controversial ways. People are no idiots and can see through the disparity between words and actions.

Although I felt quite traumatised at the time of my bullying incident years ago, I don’t hold grudges against the woman. She comes across as insecure and vacuous. Some of the stuff she has come up with beggars belief- a particular jumper she wore with the words ‘cosmopolitan, elite, poets’ springs to mind. A great example of a privileged white person who has lost touch with reality.

In my opinion, often in life what goes around, comes around and time is the best way to let people reveal their true colours. The problem with influencers is that unless you pick a substantial foundation to talk and influence people, it all comes across as rather vapid after a while. People here have given some excellent examples of great influencers such as Lisa Eldridge who showcase their genuine talent and skill whilst remaining impartial due to how they have chosen to run their media channels. Lisa only allowed adverts on her YouTube channel in order to raise funds for her chosen charity with all of the proceeds going there. She demonstrates techniques and looks in a much greater proportion to reviewing products.

I have thought a lot about the ethics behind beauty journalism and however well sometimes these things are dressed, it is effectively product selling. Nothing wrong in it per se, but making out to sound noble and ‘honest’ is pushing the boat out. It was funny that SH banned the comments under the guardian column yesterday, surely if she thought that the nasty people who hate her are in their ‘sewer’, she wouldn’t worry about her keen followers elsewhere?

• Heart

FeelingGroovy

Well, fuck me. I finally reached the end!

Another newcomer, thanks to my nosiness following the rantvid. I have to say, the scales have fallen from my eyes significantly. I was expecting way worse, this is just mild bitching.

I’m an ex GTLer and I’m still in the Facebook group. I can’t really explain why, as most beauty stuff just flies over my head. My interactions with LaHughes have been infrequent, and unremarkable. However, I’ve always been massively irritated by the blue tick brigade on Twitter (CM, Grace Dent, Hughes etc) since twitter time began. Their cliquey conversations always got right on my tits - just have a fucking phone conversation or something for fucks sake. Also, that open mouth gape that CM does all the time is a massive irritant. And her feminism book was wank.

Still, the revelations of Botox use, fuck off with your twee ‘tweakments’ terminology, and her ridiculous ‘must haves’ can do one.

• Haha