Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

melfish

VIP Member
Of course she was asked first to write this, of course she was :rolleyes:

So instead of just supporting Molly Gunn, Sali had to let her know she a) got her sloppy seconds and b) knew better than Molly not to accept the commission. Women supporting women

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53

rosemarina

VIP Member
DARK TORTOISE PANTOS frames HAS to be in the next title so that whenever somebody Googles them on the back of Sali's recommendation, they end up here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Spanner

Chatty Member
Dawn has just bought a massive new house in LA, where she writes her best sellers, while also travelling a lot with her millionaire made-it-in-America actor husband

Sali lives in Brighton, writing endless pieces about trolling and maintenance shags with her Tory husband

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

anais750185

Chatty Member
I came here after Freaky Friday although only just started posting, stayed because you were all so entertaining, funny and informative.
I've never been on Sali's FB groups but had read her guardian column for ages, bought her book and taken a lot of her recommendations. Followed her from quite early on on Twitter (when it was still ok to bully people because things were different then so witnessed the Esther Coren / Dawn O'Porter incidents). Over time, I'd noticed lots of things that bothered me - her rudeness to anyone who wasn't a blue ticker, her mean girls circle of friends and their endless showoffy public conversations on twitter (seriously, who does that - clearly for the benefit of everyone else!), her double standards etc but respected her journalistic integrity. Then a few years ago, not sure when, she did a paid partnership post on insta and then slowly began her shift from journalist to influencer. Once she began doing paid partnerships, I began doubting her integrity and stopped taking anything she recommended seriously. I watched the Freaky Friday video (where she was simmering with rage rather than upset and devastated) and took me one google search to find her thread on here (would never have been aware of it if it wasn't for her video!). From her description, was expecting something horrific but when I came her saw you were all simply saying what I had been thinking for ages. She lies about everything that's on here (agree I've seen plenty of positive comments about her as well as critical ones), she's too narcissistic and thin skinned to be able to tolerate that anyone can have less than a positive opinion about her and has the audacity to express it.
The way I see it, trolling Sali would be us messaging her constantly or tweeting her a la Chrissy Teigen saying we wanted her to die. Calling out her double standards on a forum and discussing them is not trolling, surely that's part and parcel of being an influencer? If we were saying how amazing, beautiful, fabulous and cool she is, she wouldn't care about this site - think it bothers her so much because she knows there's a lot of truth in what's said here!

• Heart
Reactions: 49

rosemarina

VIP Member
Agreed. Upper middle class lipstick in the UK is quickly applying 15 year old No. 7 lipstick in the cloakroom before walking the labrador.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Missypissy

So this make up range is for cool laid back smoooshy a bit of glitter rock chick relaxed pared down stick it in your handbag apply it with your fingers on a bus or taxi and then touch it up on the train girls?
I'm a perimenopausal narky and sweaty woman and I do my makeup before I leave the house and only carry a deodorant with me because my huge bag is already full of shite for work and I drive a Renault scenic and the only retouch I do is occasionally plucking at my rougue whiskers at a traffic light.

I don't think this Jones Road brand is speaking to me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Leonard

I don’t know why but “Love these words Lydia” followed by Sali’s “Lydia?” has really amused me.

Might just be me 😂
B9FFE828-FC8B-493B-8FE6-FAF5E609E96F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
“*sigh* ...If I’ve told you once I’ve told a thousand times, it’s CHANEL! 3392! C714! DARK! TORTOISE! PANTOS! WOMENS! FRAMES!“

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Liberty London Girl has posted some scolding stories about not trolling influencers. Can anyone do screen shots?
All I see is that she linked to Polly Vernon’s (largely nonsensical) piece from The Times today about women who troll.

Some choice screenshots for you all… yet another article that compares the racist abuse of Rashford etc with trolling influencers, and continues to conflate actual trolling of influencers (i.e. writing them death threats, doxxing them) with sites like Tattle where people gather not because we’re jealous (thanks Em Sheldon) but because we’re fed up of influencers LYING TO US TO SELL US THINGS.

WHY is this point always left out??! I wouldn’t be here if it was just a site to call people fat & ugly.
28B5CA74-283F-4B69-B269-94B90B177DCB.jpeg
DF977D5D-960B-4A39-9717-1BD5F01D7712.jpeg
4544810C-CB14-40CB-9DB6-3E5FCAF80F4C.jpeg
1882A52B-C886-433B-A867-4BF18882A716.jpeg

I’m getting really annoyed by this rhetoric. It’s over simplification and conflation. I’ve NEVER trolled an influencer in my life, because as I understand it, trolling them is commenting/messaging them directly?! I joined Tattle exactly because I would never do this, but I had many public internet figures I needed to rant about, because in following them I had noticed their lies, their mistruths, their dodgy ideas etc… and I was thrilled to find I wasn’t the only one.

Annoyed now. Polly Vernon often talks crap to be honest (I find her to be one of the most myopic writers) but this is next level.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 35

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I really wish there would be a good programme/discussion about influencers, SM and the criticism they get. It is quite fascinating why a place Tattle is so popular.
I'm afraid the David Baddiel thing will definitely not be it. He is rather like Sali in that the awful things he has said and done are dismissed with an airy wave of the hand 'oh it was different back then and if you remind me of it you are a troll'.
His include the repeatedly doing blackface and mocking a black footballer with hilarious pineapple dreadlocks, and after seeing Kathleen Turner in a stage production of The Graduate calling her 'a fat bird with small tits'.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 34

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
It is definitely the hypocrisy that is galling. Sali and Baddiel reassuring each other how mean trolls are when they have both done their fair share of it. But both having had a far larger platform than the people they accuse of trolling.
Also Sali expects to be understood and forgiven for her twitter bullying and trolling as she said she realised what she was doing was wrong and stopped. She and Dawn are now friends 🤭. Yet when she met 'Becky', who also stopped, she did not afford her the same courtesy. Always bitter and angry about her. It was all apparently beyond Sali's comprehension. Even after having been an enthusiastic twitter bully herself.

• Heart
  • Sick

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
Was the theme “City secretary realness”? She literally looks like she stumbled off the 8.47 from Sevenoaks to London Bridge.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Re Sali's Q and A with her old pal. I would love her to ask Bobbi Brown why, if she is so concerned about the environment and sustainability, she is launching a new entirely unnecessary highly expensive product range. BB must have enough money to sit back and do nothing, or do something useful.
Ranges that bang on about sustainability and use it as their USP should be scrutinzed minutely so people know what they are getting.
How do they justify the transportation? Both for the raw ingredients and the end products?
How do they justify all the processes for the actual making of the products?
Yes glass containers are better - but 'just pop it in recycling' is in itself problematic. In 'reduce, reuse, recycle' recycle comes last in that list for a reason.
No doubt Sali will praise BB to the high heavens for her ethical stance without actually asking her one slightly difficult question.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

rosemarina

VIP Member
I genuinely laughed out loud over, “DARK TORTOISE PANTOS WOMENS FRAMES”. Surely as soon as she typed that she must have suddenly wondered how she got to the point where she’s shouting about her glasses on Twitter?!
DARK TORTOISE PANTOS WOMEN’S FRAMES might make a good title 😀.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
I also have a draw with more eyeshadows than all of the Kardashians combined could use in a lifetime. I have bought one piece of make up in the last 14 months (a concealer) and am just using what I have from now on. I work from home, haven't been going out (obvs) and there is just no need to keep shelling out on make up and toiletries. I don't want to keep lining other peoples pockets with my hard earned money when the things that they are selling are just the same old same old stuff but in different packaging. I'll never stop buying concealer and mascara but they can fuck off with their highlighters and cleansing balms and serums. Gone back to Dove and Retin A bit of mascara and concealer and job done.

Sali and her ilk are redundant to me now. I have seen the light.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

jordishaw

Chatty Member
Oh yeah, he never apologised. Said it was ok because Jason Lee was “a shit player” https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...skinner-apology-comedy-sketches-a9592741.html

To add some balance - i think it is obvious that he had suffered from anti Semitic abuse and hasn’t been scared of highlighting it, it’s so important not to belittle what British Jews have to put up with - loads of “left wing” people accusing them of all sorts that they have literally nothing to do with. His “who do you think you are“ was deeply affecting and he’s written some great kids’ books.
Speaking as a British Jew, one of the most trying things I have to put up with is David Baddiel claiming to speak on my behalf.

• Heart
Reactions: 32