Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nonah

VIP Member
I had a bizarre recovered memory yesterday. Does anyone who was on GTL back in the day remember Faith and Barbara? There was some VERY strange online behaviour there and I can only recall a bit of it.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

Mselvista

VIP Member
Really? It's an old product. AOC tweeted in 2018 that she wore Beso. I think it's much more likely that SH copied Sam Chapman's recommendation without acknowledgement.
Also I don't believe that the dodgy relationship between brands and influencers and especially "journalists" is anything like as crude as that.

dunhill

As I understand it, some muscles exert a downward pull which Botox can weaken. In terms of effect, I'd say it helps a little to reduce sagging under the jawline. It doesn't - on me - make a dramatic improvement, though I think it may also be preventative. I'll ask my cosmetic doctor about it next time.
Thank you, this will be great.

I'm 46 and like to think I'm in good nick. I have some fine line but nothing that really warrants Botox at the moment. I think a combination of good genes (my parents both looked decades younger than they were), good diet, SPF use, lots of water coupled with and the fact I have well-defined cheekbones has served me well. I believe my cheekbones are like scaffolding and are holding everything in place! Oh, and HRT too.
I have really good cheekbones which I think holds everything in place. My jawline is a concern, although presently, it is still taut and how I like it. But this is the area that worries me most, and also the potential of my chin 'detaching' f(or wont of a better phrase) like it seems to have done on so many women whose jawline has lost all definition as they age. So yes, please do update me :)

Also, if you're based in London, I would love the name of who you see as it would be a useful tool to have should I decide to explore the Botox route.

Thank you again!

Badabing101

VIP Member
Sorry, I am mega behind. Did Bobbi really say that? :( actually love her. How to not look like shit?! I've been in hospital for weeks with a very poorly child and not wearing make up because it's the last thing on my mind. I feel irrationally enraged about this😣 Women don't look shit without make up. What kind of nonsense is that? Fuckssake, I hope she's been dragged over the coals for such a stupid comment.
Hope things are going better for you now. That must have been really awful x

Annasho

Sali has stopped colouring her hair the same dark brown she has in her Guardian picture, and it is her natural colour we are seeing.
It's not though. There's more dye on that head of hers than ever before!

Reactions: 1

melfish

VIP Member
Are they racerback tanks?
EDIT: Nevermind, I don't think Arket ships here anyhow

Last edited:

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I had UK mosquito bites on my legs this year! They look awful. They’re absolutely nowhere near as itchy as forrin ones though.

Sarah Ditum also wrote a column on "maintenance shags" recently. I had a look to see if SH was cited (she wasn't) and read that Dan Savage (who SH has previously said she's a fan of) champions the idea. It's mentioned in this from 2014, off the back.of Amy Poehler's memoir advocating similar (though not clear what term she used).
SH did a Pool article on the Maintenance Shag in 2017 and discussed it in a podcast in 2018. She's made it "her thing" but like the saving the best for last thing she seems to have nicked from Nora Ephron, has SH just decided to rebrand this as her unique idea?
I think she probably got it from Dan Savage, as I remember her saying she subscribed to his podcast (as do I, he actually knows what he’s talking about, as opposed to She Here).

Sorry, just realised I missed the link to Dan Savage in about maintenance sex in 2014, if anyone's interested.
Sorry, hadn’t read this far 🤦🏻‍♀️

Django

VIP Member
For a writer she does pick horrible inappropriate words. Joey with the thesaurus again.
Was revealing or unveiling or exposing not grim enough?
I’m unclear as to why you take vitamin c out with you - wouldn’t you take spf to protect throughout the day?
She really wanted to say Rolex instead of watch.
Particularly SPF as the Paula's Choice specifically recommends an SPF after use.

WinterSolstice

VIP Member
It’s too late for me to edit my post (#119) so might be one for a mod? (@Yel since squiggle has deleted his account should the post be deleted?)

dunhill

It's not though. There's more dye on that head of hers than ever before!
You've misconstrued what I said. She's not dying her hair the same colour shown in her Guardian picture (which is a single process colour). Her current hair colour is obviously dyed, I am not disputing that at all!

Mselvista

VIP Member
I'd not seen that before. All the pics are here

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I don’t tweet myself, but Sali has tweeted for years. I don’t believe she was unaware that her tweet would be divisive. Furthermore she actually did engage almost reasonably at first. Driving up the engagement perhaps??