Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
concealer - powder - more concealer on top - more powder
Yes, but any blemish that needs serious coverage demands this. How else would you manage to cover anything other than the smallest imperfection? I never powder under my eyes though. Sali looks like she does and it just isn't working for her.

This is very much how I looked and felt the first time I spent an hour outside on a cloudy day after a couple of weeks using tretinoin. Had SPF 30 on, thought I’d be fine.

Boy oh boy do they mean it when they say use proper sun protection when using retinol 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 2
sorry - there is no floppy disk icon. Look!

View attachment 465523

She wasn’t doing it for free though, was she? She was making an income from the advertising revenue she got from us visiting the damn place!

(ETA: I always used my Ad-Blocker and felt not one shred of guilt about it! 🤣)
Oh I am always on laptop, where it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 12.34.23 PM.png

isn’t that what drag queens call ‘baking’?
I thought baking was where you applied a shitload of powder on top of foundation or concealer and then left it a while to set before brushing it all off?

Oh I am always on laptop, where it looks like this:

View attachment 465577

Ah! I’m already in bed and too facking lazy to get my personal laptop out. In bed by 8.30pm. How sad is that?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
isn’t that what drag queens call ‘baking’?
Doesn't baking involve leaving it on for quite a long time? All I mean is that when I was younger and I used to get spots, I would put on concealer then powder, then if it wasn't covered, put on alternate layers of both til it was covered. Common sense I thought, rather than a special Sali tip. There were other very basic pieces of advice that her fans fawned over too, but that's the one I remember for some reason.

Perhaps I'm a beefy faced idiot but why would under eyes need powder? The under eye area is not like a t zone...

Perhaps I'm a beefy faced idiot but why would under eyes need powder? The under eye area is not like a t zone...
I don't have powder. I repeatedly buy concealers, though, in an effort to find one where I don't look worse with. No luck yet

Oh, I've heard good things about the Aldi dupe! I haven't seen an Aldi since I moved here, but I've just googled it and there are actually three in Granada. Not sure if they have the skincare but worth taking a look. Thanks 😊
Do you live in Andalusia?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Have you got a cat door, Perpet?
No, but I often leave the window open while I'm asleep. I do have a very large husband though. He's not a violent man, incredibly gentle in fact, but I'll wager he could see off Eric if required.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It is very lovely. I'd wanted to move here for 20 years and just managed to pull it off in the small window between the first lockdown and the end of freedom of movement!

Yes, hoping to get there again as soon as Covid permits!
Well, I am very envious. I'd love to live anywhere in Europe really. Working on getting my Polish passport, to make that a possibility

Well, I am very envious. I'd love to live anywhere in Europe really. Working on getting my Polish passport, to make that a possibility
My husband and I are both eligible for different European passports based on ancestry, but in both our cases it's taking forever, exacerbated by Covid. Even though I have my Spanish residency now I won't feel properly secure until I have my EU citizenship back. Have you started the procedure yet?

Reactions: 1
My husband and I are both eligible for different European passports based on ancestry, but in both our cases it's taking forever, exacerbated by Covid. Even though I have my Spanish residency now I won't feel properly secure until I have my EU citizenship back. Have you started the procedure yet?
Sort of. My case is a bit complicated as I am adopted and it's my birth mother who is Polish. So I need additional documentation and probably an attorney in Poland to sort it out for me. Everything is in Polish and I don't speak a word of it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.