Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New to the forum, Hello!

I though I was the only one to feel this way about SH. I was once a devotee but have since seen the wood for the tree so to speak. I think the penny started to drop when she wrote about her Son being in hospital. She name checked a handcream I had never heard of and said all the nurses on the ward her son was on “swore by it”. Then a few weeks later I started seeing this new brand of handcream everywhere. It was a new launch. I smelt a rat. Literally before then if Sali recommended something, I’m embarrassed to admit, I’d be first in the queue for it. Another time she recommended a primer. I went out to buy it only to be told there was a waiting list as a “popular blogger” had wrote about said the sales assistant. Weeks later I got my hands on the primer and it was crap. A complete waste of £32. Oh well I thought. Then about a year later Sali started harping on about said primer, that it was being discontinued and to rush out an get a tube. I’m certain SH knew a quick mention would boost the weeks sales figure.

I honestly liked and admired her when she started out. Now I can’t bare her smug, self righteous, know it all manner. I witnessed her being super rude to anyone that dares question her on Twitter or Insta.

I’m being a complete witch now but since she apparently from the Welsh valleys, what is that accent? And the anecdote that her love of makeup stems from when her Granny said something about always being ready for an adventure (toes curl) And she really wants us to see her new watch eh!

Reactions: 17
Hi @Mokie!

Isn't it funny how so many people have examples like these. And there are more and more people on here, all with different things that have led them here. It's building into quite a catalogue of bullshit. Maybe that's the name of her book that's due for release next year...

Do you think there's any chance that Sali doesn't know about this thread?
I'm trying to put myself in her shoes.
If I thought people were telling lies about me then I'd be making some form of defence for myself. She did it for India on mumsnet, why not defend herself here? Possibly because there's nothing to defend and she's realised she's been caught out.
I imagine if questioned she'd say she'd never read gossip about herself.
She might also just not give a tit and will carry on getting the money in before the sink ships.

Either way. Her piss is bound to be on a rollicking boil about the momentum that's gathering. Did you manage to deduce anything further about losing Twitter followers @Carryonnursing ?

Reactions: 1
I don't think she knows. If she won't read comments below for her Guardian articles I can't see her seeking this type of thing out. To be fair, that way madnesss lies.

So I read the removing-bra-thread on twitter and was thinking, this isn’t so bad, all quite friendly and light hearted, then this:
Why such a mean takedown of someone who was just joining in? The person then started frantically apologising for her misunderstanding and Sali couldn’t be arsed to tell her no need.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
So I read the removing-bra-thread on twitter and was thinking, this isn’t so bad, all quite friendly and light hearted, then this:
Why such a mean takedown of someone who was just joining in? The person then started frantically apologising for her misunderstanding and Sali couldn’t be arsed to tell her no need.
She is so rude sometimes. Couldn't she just scroll on by? Women supporting women 100% :LOL: :LOL::LOL:

Reactions: 2
Are breast reductions available as #presstreatments?
Bingo. That will be her goal. Am sure she will know this thread exists, her piss will boileth over. Surprised a lackey hasn’t been sent in though to show us just how wrong our opinions are.

New to the forum, Hello!

I though I was the only one to feel this way about SH. I was once a devotee but have since seen the wood for the tree so to speak. I think the penny started to drop when she wrote about her Son being in hospital. She name checked a handcream I had never heard of and said all the nurses on the ward her son was on “swore by it”. Then a few weeks later I started seeing this new brand of handcream everywhere. It was a new launch. I smelt a rat. Literally before then if Sali recommended something, I’m embarrassed to admit, I’d be first in the queue for it. Another time she recommended a primer. I went out to buy it only to be told there was a waiting list as a “popular blogger” had wrote about said the sales assistant. Weeks later I got my hands on the primer and it was crap. A complete waste of £32. Oh well I thought. Then about a year later Sali started harping on about said primer, that it was being discontinued and to rush out an get a tube. I’m certain SH knew a quick mention would boost the weeks sales figure.

I honestly liked and admired her when she started out. Now I can’t bare her smug, self righteous, know it all manner. I witnessed her being super rude to anyone that dares question her on Twitter or Insta.

I’m being a complete witch now but since she apparently from the Welsh valleys, what is that accent? And the anecdote that her love of makeup stems from when her Granny said something about always being ready for an adventure (toes curl) And she really wants us to see her new watch eh!
So many of us here were long time devotees. I'm so embarrassed that I was sucked in as I think she was using her guardian and Facebook platforms to influence before anyone knew what influencing was.

I actually feel embarrassed I was initially sucked in considering how transparent she seems now. And btw, she’s been subtlety mentioning an Avon face powder for some months now. Thought it was a bit odd as unless it’s Superdrug she’s normally quite high end with recommendations.

She does imply that she wears one all the time though!
Oh, apart from when she was never dressed at Soho farmhouse. The backache mustn't be an issue in a dressing gown.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She can tweet about taking the postman’s eye out with her ginormous breasts all she wants, but the fact is she doesn’t have them. She’s talking absolute nonsense for attention (for a change).

• Haha
Reactions: 4
As someone who has had a nose job, I would consider injectables to be non-surgical because they don’t require surgery. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bit late to this but same! I actually just had non cosmetic Botox that required a general anaesthetic so in that instance I guess it was but in future they would administer it with a local which I wouldn't call surgery.

Some people do "non surgical nose jobs" which involve clever use of filler and so on ie injectables.

Not much of a follower of Salli's but found this thread while I was looking for someone else and it reminded me how much I disliked her so thought it would be worth a read.

I live near Brighton and have been to a couple of events where she's been on the panel or interviewing people. I'd never heard of her before but she came across SO arrogant and judgemental.

I remember on the panel, someone had asked for some advice on how to deal with Imposter Syndrome. Everyone else gave really thoughtful advice and then Salli chimed in with how she couldn't relate to the question and how she never doubted herself because she was too amazing and didn't even try to offer the audience member some advice that might help her.

I mean, fair enough, that's great it's not an issue you've had to deal with but maybe then just keep quiet and don't try and answer the question instead of just boasting about how great you think you are?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Wearing a bra to bed? How big are her tits? I’m small backed/big titted at 32FF and couldn’t entertain the idea of sleeping in a bra. Hideously uncomfortable. It’s not a perky youth tits thing, btw, mine are only a couple of years younger than SaintSali’s.
She's a 30FF/G according to twitter and I definitely have friends with similar size breasts who wear bras to bed - I guess it's a personal thing, I can't imagine doing it because my boobs are so tender (quite small anyway) but other people have told me they find it more comfortable, usually not a wired one though.

Reactions: 2
Not much of a follower of Salli's but found this thread while I was looking for someone else and it reminded me how much I disliked her so thought it would be worth a read.

I live near Brighton and have been to a couple of events where she's been on the panel or interviewing people. I'd never heard of her before but she came across SO arrogant and judgemental.

I remember on the panel, someone had asked for some advice on how to deal with Imposter Syndrome. Everyone else gave really thoughtful advice and then Salli chimed in with how she couldn't relate to the question and how she never doubted herself because she was too amazing and didn't even try to offer the audience member some advice that might help her.

I mean, fair enough, that's great it's not an issue you've had to deal with but maybe then just keep quiet and don't try and answer the question instead of just boasting about how great you think you are?

. SM-G930F .
I don’t know how she has the heart to shoot people down all the time. It makes me sad that people look up to her because she’s glam and in the know about cosmetics.

I don’t even think she is particularly - I think focussing on her appearance 24/7 has warped her perspective a bit so she looks quite overdone. That look is nice and everything but it’s not realistic for people with other occupations. Like her occupation is literally to set an example of being well groomed and then talk about it.

Hi @Mokie!

Isn't it funny how so many people have examples like these. And there are more and more people on here, all with different things that have led them here. It's building into quite a catalogue of bullshit. Maybe that's the name of her book that's due for release next year...

Do you think there's any chance that Sali doesn't know about this thread?
I'm trying to put myself in her shoes.
If I thought people were telling lies about me then I'd be making some form of defence for myself. She did it for India on mumsnet, why not defend herself here? Possibly because there's nothing to defend and she's realised she's been caught out.
I imagine if questioned she'd say she'd never read gossip about herself.
She might also just not give a tit and will carry on getting the money in before the sink ships.

Either way. Her piss is bound to be on a rollicking boil about the momentum that's gathering. Did you manage to deduce anything further about losing Twitter followers @Carryonnursing ?
Hiya!

I had a peek yesterday and they’ve gone up a bit to 125.3k so I wonder if it’s just the natural fluctuation of those things. For a minute I thought maybe her popularity was on the way down and I was hopeful that might make room for some fresh perspectives!

Sadly I don’t think that’s the case. I can’t stand to think of people anxiously filling their shopping basket with her recommended products in an effort for female approval 💔.

Or like sick people thinking: if I wear a red lip I’ll be ready for battle, must keep up appearances!

Each to their own but I’m 28F and it’s very manageable. Has never compelled be to wang on about it as my sooper speshul problem. She probs just needs a visit to #ribgyandpeller #onbeautifulbigbreasts #Hughes’shuge’s #bigtitredlipwhodis #shutupeveryoneelseimtheonlywomanwithboobs #yep.nope.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

. SM-G930F .
Ooh that is interesting. Sometimes I charitably think maybe she thinks she is being funny, on Twitter and at the event you went to but just has no aptitude for it and comes across as bloody rude. But on the whole she probably is just bloody rude.
On the bra thread she seems obsessed with how tiny she is, she has tiny shoulders and a tiny back apparently. I think her heroine Elizabeth Taylor was famously very petite with huge boobs. It is such a burden being so so tiny but with abnormally giant boobs. Obviously fishing for people to be wildly jealous of her childlike yet oh so womanly frame. For such an 'unconventional' person she is desperately conventional.

Reactions: 8
She strikes me as someone who is terribly insecure and deals with it in a very teenage manner.

What really made me disappointed was being banned from her facebook group for posting videos about suncream myths (from dermatologists and phd chemist labmuffin) which contradicted her printed advice on suncream. (The post was first deleted, then I was banned after asking about why it was deleted.)

(She always implied that spf in products was sufficient protection to suncream if it wasn't summertime and I was angry that I had followed that guardian-endorsed advice for so long, and have since been corrected by dermatologists as my skin undoubtedly suffered.)

• Wow
What really made me disappointed was being banned from her facebook group for posting videos about suncream myths (from dermatologists and phd chemist labmuffin) which contradicted her printed advice on suncream. (The post was first deleted, then I was banned after asking about why it was deleted.)

(She always implied that spf in products was sufficient protection to suncream if it wasn't summertime and I was angry that I had followed that guardian-endorsed advice for so long, and have since been corrected by dermatologists as my skin undoubtedly suffered.)
That is so wierd. So she wouldn't even engage with you in an intelligent fashion? She really seems quite incapable of reasoned debate without taking everything personally and becoming aggressive. She shows this on Twitter all the time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.