Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anybody listened to her latest podcast on beauty as empowerment? I haven't but in insta comments someone says she says (of course) the importance of a red lip :sick: and also using Chanel no 5 is like 'having a pistol in your knickers'. Double :sick::sick:. Did she really? And wtaf does it even mean? I know it's all about being sassy and sexy but bleurgh. I read an article recently about 'unfluencers'. I'd not heard of the term before but it is about influencers who irritate you so much you start hating everything they recommend even if you previously liked that thing. Sali is my ultimate unfluencer.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
I don’t understand the pistol in your knickers analogy , can someone with knowledge as superior as Sali enlighten me please?

Reactions: 3
I don’t understand the pistol in your knickers analogy , can someone with knowledge as superior as Sali enlighten me please?
I think the quote from Pretty Honest was wearing Cno5 is akin to having a loaded pistol in your knickers which I think is supposed to conjure up the image of someone who is sexy, ready for anything and "nails" whereas in actuality it would mean you'd be likely to shoot yourself in the twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Maybe she’s mixing metaphors and she means it’s like armour 🤷‍♀️
But only for some women. Women who use it to ensnare men and piggyback on their success are disgusting garbage gremlins. Except the ones who turn tricks and steal wallets. They are honourable.

Maybe SalBot is glitching

Reactions: 7
On FB GTL yesterday someone was asking about non surgical treatments for something on their face and Sali asked did they also include injectables as injectables are non surgical. Now I'm genuinely interested and surprised as I thought injectables would count as surgical. Not sure what the definition is tbh. I immediately thought maybe this was her way of being able to say she hasn't had 'work' done but then again maybe she is correct. Does surgical mean the skin has to be cut? :unsure:

See how fair I'm trying to be.

Reactions: 1
I think of Botox as non-surgical, but that might be because I drank the Kool Aid. Now that you mention it, it’s a handy distinction.

Reactions: 2
I think the quote from Pretty Honest was wearing Cno5 is akin to having a loaded pistol in your knickers which I think is supposed to conjure up the image of someone who is sexy, ready for anything and "nails" whereas in actuality it would mean you'd be likely to shoot yourself in the twit.
The pistol in knickers thing was a quote from Roald Dahl that Sali has effectively stolen for herself.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Ah come on - Botox, even a “weak dilute”, is a nerve block with a variety of medical applications. No judgement of anyone who uses it but I don’t think we can liken it to slapping on a bit of retinol.

It’s weird semantics isn’t it- I’d be more inclined to think of face injections as surgical but I’d never consider a vaccine or something as a surgical procedure.

I think anything going inside the skin by a doctor counts as ‘work done’ in my mind though.

As someone who has had a nose job, I would consider injectables to be non-surgical because they don’t require surgery. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Personally I think whatever I’ve had done is the bestest and does not qualify as surgical. But anything more than that means you’re betraying your sistas and you’re incredibly vain 😉.
I reserve the right to do a 180 if my breasts droop any more but I do expect that in that case the surgeons would use a very weak dilute of organic implants.

Reactions: 8
What no one ever says about Chanel No5 is that it absolutely stinks. It’s vile! A triumph of branding that makes basics think they’re classy.

• Haha
On FB GTL yesterday someone was asking about non surgical treatments for something on their face and Sali asked did they also include injectables as injectables are non surgical. Now I'm genuinely interested and surprised as I thought injectables would count as surgical. Not sure what the definition is tbh. I immediately thought maybe this was her way of being able to say she hasn't had 'work' done but then again maybe she is correct. Does surgical mean the skin has to be cut? :unsure:

See how fair I'm trying to be.

It’s hard to define and it’s why it’s difficult to regulate the injectable industry. In Scotland, if you’re a Dr, Nurse, Dentist etc, you have to be regulated to provide treatments. And you need to be a Dr or Nurse prescriber to prescribe Botox so it’s a treatment that needs to be administered by, or under the care of, a medical professional. To me that qualifies it as more than a beauty “treatment”. Fillers however aren’t prescription drugs and legally anyone can administer them. This makes them 100% more frightening to me. Something could go horribly wrong and you have nothing to fall back on.

I'll be keen to hear what Sali says about injectibles in her podcast!

Is Sali losing twitter followers? I’m sure it was at 125.5k the other day and it’s now at 125.2k. Not many but I guess that’s trending in the wrong direction.

It was around the time of the jubilee and the Olympics when half the GTL forum appeared to go Monarch mad. The whole ‘quirky’ ‘retro’ ‘the queen is cool. LOVE’ thing caught on cos everyone wanted to get on Sal’s good side. I remember the one who thought she was ‘fierce’ sending Sali a Queen bauble and everyone going hysterical about it. 😬
A bit weird...

It’s hard to define and it’s why it’s difficult to regulate the injectable industry. In Scotland, if you’re a Dr, Nurse, Dentist etc, you have to be regulated to provide treatments. And you need to be a Dr or Nurse prescriber to prescribe Botox so it’s a treatment that needs to be administered by, or under the care of, a medical professional. To me that qualifies it as more than a beauty “treatment”. Fillers however aren’t prescription drugs and legally anyone can administer them. This makes them 100% more frightening to me. Something could go horribly wrong and you have nothing to fall back on.

I'll be keen to hear what Sali says about injectibles in her podcast!
Yes, would have presumed that these are classed as surgery and require training & qualifications to inject and prescribe whatever people are getting put into their faces. That "a bit of filler" "a low dosage of botox" is seen as a minor beauty treatment is a bit nonchalant!

This thread is incredibly entertaining who created it? It's fantastic. Some of the opinions here are absolutely spot on. Is it true they are trying to take down the site?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.