Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh FFS. It’s because it’s the LAW you megalomaniac.
So strange. Someone asks 'why do you have to explain what you've purchased or had gifted?'. And yet again instead of saying, as you say, 'I am happy to do it and anyway it is the law' - she again states the only reason she does it is pressure from 'broken' people.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So strange. Someone asks 'why do you have to explain what you've purchased or had gifted?'. And yet again instead of saying, as you say, 'I am happy to do it and anyway it is the law' - she again states the only reason she does it is pressure from 'broken' people.
Yep. She does it to herself.

Reactions: 6
So is she saying she wouldn't do it if it weren't for the broken people on here?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just as she once said she would never ever do sponsored posts ever...

Reactions: 8
Did have a chuckle at the "broken people" comment. Who knew that the film who post on a small gossip site have so much power 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 5
"speculated wrongly that I engage in secret product placement"

She doesn't get it, does she? Every bit of her 'journalism' is about product placement. Take the products away, and there is....nothing. She doesn't write anything without product placement. She's not a freelance journalist who does a bit of product placement, she's a freelance advertiser who (sort of) does a bit of journalism. She doesn't like to admit that and it's where she's blind to herself.

As an advertiser, she has to comply with the law. She doesn't think she does, because she thinks what she writes is journalism, but without the product mentions, her writing doesn't make sense. That alone speaks to the balance of what she's doing.

Her Guardian column is just one long advertisement (one which the Guardian are probably happy to go along with as they pocket the cash from the affiliate links and pick up beauty advertising in the paper/magazine). It's only beauty, and the income covers her fee and makes them a bit of money. The beauty department wipes its face financially, so they keep it going despite it being long superseded by the selling power of social media.

It's interesting that there is no column this week. I'd love to know whether it was written and submitted but pulled, or whether the break was already arranged.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Tbf The Hygiene Bank is 'a grass roots, people powered movement' where Beauty Banks are 'a people powered, grass roots movement'. Completely different.
As a journalist, you'd think she'd be a bit more conscious of plagiarism. Also grammar

Reactions: 5
It's interesting that there is no column this week. I'd love to know whether it was written and submitted but pulled, or whether the break was already arranged.
Yes that is interesting. I noted that the whole Guardian beauty/fashion section was sparse today, whereas other sections seemed to be running as normal.
Also Sali's two recent IG photos didn't have a run down of the products she used. I wondered if it was tacitly agreed it is a bit crass and in bad taste to be seen to be flogging beauty products at this time? Almost like it would be a bit shameful? Now why would that be.

She’s a run of the mill IG wannabe now with a lucky side hustle Guardian column that offers nothing new.

Her plagiarism of the Hygiene Bank mission statement should be highlighted , it’s a disgrace that HB might have taken a financial hit because of BB taking the attention.

Last edited:
Come on, fellow Brokenz, what was the missing column on...?? 🤔

Best suggestion wins a selection of fancy hair grips.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Broken people? duck right off you lying boot.
It’s the LAW!!

Also does she think we button up at the back? In the past there was a column dedicated to Pat McGrath products at the same time Pat McGrath had a big UK launch & other influencers were plugging the same crap.

A column almost entirely about the GHD glide with a token comment about an Aldi alternative tagged on the end, again at the same time the other influencers were plugging it.

A column dedicated to the best moisturiser boosters which was really a dressed up Clinique AD.

Wouldn’t that be the secret product placement the pious one is claiming not to do ??

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.