Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Hygiene/ Beauty Banks thing is fascinating. Why oh why would they put banks in the name of their charity when pretty much the exact same charity already exists

Reactions: 2
The Hygiene/ Beauty Banks thing is fascinating. Why oh why would they put banks in the name of their charity when pretty much the exact same charity already exists
I've been looking at both websites - they are so similar in their aims and terminology. Beauty Banks even uses 'people powered, grass roots movement'.
The only difference I can see in how they operate is The Hygiene Bank's emphasis is more on local ie local donations stay local, whereas I *think* Beauty Banks distribute stuff where they see the need.
But so similar.

Edit - just checked and Beauty Banks 'Beauty Spots' are for local collection and distribution. So no difference then.

She’s well connected and has clout , I bet she didn’t give one tit about the charity that already existed before she decided she wanted a piece of it.

I’m really glad Boots and Super Douper are in partnership with the Hygiene Bank .

Sali has the actual nerve to be upset with the company that tried ripping off her charity , she’s unbelievable😡.

Reactions: 8
I've been looking at both websites - they are so similar in their aims and terminology. Beauty Banks even uses 'people powered, grass roots movement'.
The only difference I can see in how they operate is The Hygiene Bank's emphasis is more on local ie local donations stay local, whereas I *think* Beauty Banks distribute stuff where they see the need.
But so similar.

Edit - just checked and Beauty Banks 'Beauty Spots' are for local collection and distribution. So no difference then.
I've been doing that too and the FAQs are almost exactly the same

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Ugh the nerve. We should all donate and support Hygiene Banks! - Only if able to of course! :)

Reactions: 9
I've been doing that too and the FAQs are almost exactly the same
Yes aren't they.
I just read an old interview in The Guardian - and BB original intent seemed more to use their industry contacts to use the excessive donated waste from the beauty industry and put it to good use - a laudable aim - but it doesn't mention that on their website and they instead seem to use almost the same model as The Hygiene Bank.
In the same article Sali says they had lawyers and web designers giving their time for free to help, but the web content must have been overseen by Sali and/or her partner mustn't it?

Tbf The Hygiene Bank is 'a grass roots, people powered movement' where Beauty Banks are 'a people powered, grass roots movement'. Completely different.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
The more you look into Sali's life/work, the less impressive it is. Significantly less impressive.

Reactions: 11
I wonder what The Hygiene Bank make of it all? Maybe they just think it is good that there is another organisation doing the same thing? Very gracious and charitable attitude if so.
I see that their founder won a Woman of the Year award last year.

Reactions: 8
I wonder what The Hygiene Bank make of it all? Maybe they just think it is good that there is another organisation doing the same thing? Very gracious and charitable attitude if so.
I see that their founder won a Woman of the Year award last year.
Woman of the Year and they do appear to be a class act as a whole. Somehow I don’t think Sali would be as gracious if the shoe was on the other foot.

Reactions: 10
Wow BB is truly the Melania to HB’s Michele

Sali will be gagging for a Woman of the Year Award, while waiting for her MBE

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.