Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing is, we're constantly being told our skin needs ALL THE PRODUCTS - double cleanse, acids, retinol, vitamin c, hyaluronic acid, moisturiser, SPF, etc. - I find it quite overwhelming and have been guilty of attacking my skin with far too many products. I usually end up with a bout of perioral dermatitis to teach me a lesson.

Reactions: 9
Thing is, we're constantly being told our skin needs ALL THE PRODUCTS -
Completely agree. I can remember that being a bit thing in her forum too, particularly in regards to make up. People constantly quoting "And I wore ALL the make up"

Honestly when I look back at GTL and SHB, the amount of brainwashing is actually unbelievable.
People were probably (literally) almost bankrupting themselves while Sali was getting all of her 'recommendations' for nothing.
I actually remember one lady flying over from a different country just to get her hair cut at Hershesons.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Completely agree. I can remember that being a bit thing in her forum too, particularly in regards to make up. People constantly quoting "And I wore ALL the make up"

Honestly when I look back at GTL and SHB, the amount of brainwashing is actually unbelievable.
People were probably (literally) almost bankrupting themselves while Sali was getting all of her 'recommendations' for nothing.
I actually remember one lady flying over from a different country just to get her hair cut at Hershesons.
I'm so ashamed by the amount of money I spent on stuff I don't need. I have piles of lipstick I never wear

Reactions: 7

So many stories like that on these threads. Yet the response would be (and actually has been by some on twitter not long ago about here) -
'well nobody held a gun against your head'
'you are an adult with free will'
'boohoo buying stuff you didn't need'
'Ooh Sali Hughes forced me to buy something I couldn't afford'
'Yes I walked into a car showroom and ordered a car I couldn't afford because Sali told me to. Lol'.

Which of course is absolutely true and nobody is denying that. I don't think anyone blames SH, they blame themselves for falling for it all. I know I do. It doesn't take into account a variety of reasons one person falls for the tricks in an influencer's arsenal, while another remains immune. That is where the shame element comes in that so many people have mentioned. Not anger against her or other influencers but personal shame.
In my case it started back in the early days of her FB group (which I really did love then). I *think* there was soft selling going on then (eg Whistles, Hershesons) and also linking in with the column. I obviously can't prove this and no doubt it would be dismissed as the ravings of a conspiracy theorist.
Again if I purchased a product through it then that was my free choice and entirely my decision. Not saying otherwise.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Jessica DeFino's IG grid post is back up, the link to Harpers Bazaar remains down. Advertisers wanting the content reviewed, perhaps? (This is just me thinking out loud)

Reactions: 6
The annoying thing about those celebrity hairdressers is the realisation that the high prices are effectively subsidising #kindlygifted#presstreatments for influencers.

Reactions: 8
I very nearly booked myself an appointment with Adrian at Hershesons which would also have included an expensive train down too. Feel like a right wally on reflection.

In response to an earlier post, I did once politely comment and ask if we really did need all these additional serums/acids/retinols etc and was very snippily put in my place.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
What irritates me is that this stuff doesn't make a difference. Your skin is going to age and sag as it always would have. That's why all the 'beauty gurus' have their eyes done, and have botox and lasers and fillers. If creams and serums 'worked', they should all look as if they're twelve years old still....

Reactions: 10
Don’t hate me fellow Tattlers .......

I’ve bought the new Estée Lauder foundation and am already in love , I’d marry it .

I’ll get me coat.

#beeninfluencedbysali

• Haha
Reactions: 18

I’ve bought the new Estée Lauder foundation and am already in love , I’d marry it .

I’ll get me coat.

#beeninfluencedbysali
How you were able to select the right shade. I hear it's an esoteric skill few possess

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Tell me more......
I bought Pebble because Desert Beige is sold out! -That bloody Sali!😉

Bought it this afternoon, got home, faffed in the kitchen, went to Home Bargains, came home ,put it on after a days work( for testing purposes) and it went on like a dream, used a brush and it is immaculate.

I poured a massive glass of wine.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What irritates me is that this stuff doesn't make a difference. Your skin is going to age and sag as it always would have. That's why all the 'beauty gurus' have their eyes done, and have botox and lasers and fillers. If creams and serums 'worked', they should all look as if they're twelve years old still....
Agree. Few nights ago put on nivea blue pot before bed. Oh my, it was fab.

I’ll get me coat.

#beeninfluencedbysali
Yeah me too! First day it was a windy one and had a few issues with my hair sticking to my face. Changed my spf and yep, it’s good.

Bought it this afternoon, got home, faffed in the kitchen, went to Home Bargains, came home ,put it on after a days work( for testing purposes) and it went on like a dream, used a brush and it is immaculate.

I poured a massive glass of wine.
😁

Have you used YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat before? If you have, how would they compare out of interest. I remember the rage when it came out and it's one of the few that made my skin look like a cheerful lightbulb

Reactions: 1
😁

Have you used YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat before? If you have, how would they compare out of interest. I remember the rage when it came out and it's one of the few that made my skin look like a cheerful lightbulb
I’ve not tried YSL.

My favourite ever foundation is Guerlain Parure Gold and I’ve just given her the Sali side eye and Twitter ignored her because the
EL is magnificent.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

I’ll get me coat.

#beeninfluencedbysali
I nearly bought a bleeping eye gel the other day!! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ A friend was complaining about her under eye area and I thought, hmm, that Origins eye gel Sali was quacking on about might cheer her up, even if it does sod all.... Serves me right for hate-reading the column.

I stopped myself just in time. Bought her the the Cerave one instead. Not so #cheering.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.