Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
JFC. In every job there's time consuming protocols that have to be followed. Is it really that much more "time consuming" to add a few more words?
But according to ASA guidelines that isn't right is it? She is muddying the waters between sponsorship and AD isn't she? Tbf I think she does declare sponsorships - it is the ADs she doesn't, calling them something like #presssample which the ASA has declared on it's own is not a proper label. It needs to be '#AD #presssample'.
Have I got that right?

Reactions: 8
But according to ASA guidelines that isn't right is it? She is muddying the waters between sponsorship and AD isn't she? Tbf I think she does declare sponsorships - it is the ADs she doesn't, calling them something like #presssample which the ASA has declared on it's own is not a proper label. It needs to be '#AD #presssample'.
Have I got that right?
Poor put upon Sali having to type out a few sentences. Does she have any idea what actual work is? Does she not realise she's incredibly privileged? Work for a lot of people is an actual slog, Sali gets to fanny about with foundation on IG, type up a caption to go with it and that's head melting and time consuming. These influencers don't live in the real world

Totally agree she's muddying the waters

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Poor put upon Sali having to type out a few sentences. Does she have any idea what actual work is? Does she not realise she's incredibly privileged? Work for a lot of people is an actual slog, Sali gets to fanny about with foundation on IG, type up a caption to go with it and that's head melting and time consuming. These influencers don't live in the real world

Totally agree she's muddying the waters
#prayforSali

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Every time it goes a bit quiet in here, she kicks off to get things moving again. Coincidence?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How is that even the same person, I know we all had the eye surgery debate many threads ago but her eyes are like that of a completely different person now. I call bullshit on the no surgery when you see these pictures. If not surgery then some sort of treatment, hooded eyes don't just disappear.

Reactions: 4
How is that even the same person, I know we all had the eye surgery debate many threads ago but her eyes are like that of a completely different person now. I call bullshit on the no surgery when you see these pictures. If not surgery then some sort of treatment, hooded eyes don't just disappear.
Agree. Looks like a different person, face shape is different too.

Reactions: 5
Agree. Looks like a different person, face shape is different too.

She lost a lot of weight before she invested in the medical intervention , I think that’s why she looks so different.

Mm that has been noted. I can't think of the logic behind it though.
This thread keeps her current, she has a reason to moan on Twitter about how she’s got ‘trolls’ who bother her.

Utter nonsense, we are not Trolls just critics.

Reactions: 3
OT to Sali but in response to the bra comments, I desperately need to go bra shopping this weekend. Was going to try M&S but put off now! Any recommendations of where is good?

Reactions: 1
OT to Sali but in response to the bra comments, I desperately need to go bra shopping this weekend. Was going to try M&S but put off now! Any recommendations of where is good?
No advice on where to shop as I haven’t bought a new bra for a while however.. the ‘bend over’ technique for measuring and the ‘lean over and scoop’ technique for putting a bra on were both revelatory to me when I learnt a few years ago. Bra size totally different to what I thought previously. Maybe this is well known but I had no idea.

Lots online about this, can’t remember where I first read it (maybe reddit?) - here’s one article http://thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.com/p/fitting-advice.html?m=1

Good luck with the shopping

• Heart
I am convinced the whole "sister sizing" thing is a cynical, vanity-driven marketing ploy to get us to buy new bras

She is being so abrupt to people asking if that's her wedding dress on Twitter. I've seen two "Yep." replies.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Every bra maker adjusts the size and cut of bras to cater for different boob 'styles'. Essentially as they are soft, squishy tissue you can stuff them into whatever size you prefer. Every bra maker likes to say you are wearing the 'wrong size', but that's just a marketing thing so they can get you to buy new bras. Although I'm not a beauty journalist, I have fitted bras for both Debenhams and M&S, and it's all about the style of the bra and your preference rather than A Size.

Also, it's old style marketing to women, ie 'you know nothing, we know better', ie totally disempowering. Ffs.
Yes to this!!!!!! What a load of old codswallop... it’s the same reason I’m a 12 in one shop / brand and a 16 in another!!

Reactions: 2
I go to an independent department store near me. I took my daughter as she’s quite big and found them very good with her. Cost a bomb though. Actually thinking about time I should go as been about 4 years. And yes, guilty of putting a bra in the shower 🤫

(I am in love with uniqlo's new bra top camis. I wouldn't run in them, but they are so comfortable and give a nice shape, without the tight elastic of having to pull your boobs into the crop top bit like the cheap camis I used to have as a teen)

Reactions: 2
(I am in love with uniqlo's new bra top camis. I wouldn't run in them, but they are so comfortable and give a nice shape, without the tight elastic of having to pull your boobs into the crop top bit like the cheap camis I used to have as a teen)
Do you think they would suit a larger bust?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.