Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
I see your point, and I agree regarding others like her friends, family etc, and others she works with who don't have a public profile. However, apart from being an assistant, Lauren has a role which is to legitimise her boss's statements/activities by making social media posts (all of which have a strangely curated feel - they are not spontaneous), and so in that respect, she is part of SH's activities.

But I take your point that calling her a dog walker is mean.

Sorry about flogging a dead horse, but I still don't understand what was going on in the twitter thread on page 4? Can someone give me a tl;dr (even though I actually did read everything... just didn't seem to make much sense)

Badabing101

VIP Member
I bought Pebble because Desert Beige is sold out! -That bloody Sali!😉

Bought it this afternoon, got home, faffed in the kitchen, went to Home Bargains, came home ,put it on after a days work( for testing purposes) and it went on like a dream, used a brush and it is immaculate.

I poured a massive glass of wine.
I can’t tell you how much I’ve been resisting this, I’ve said it before but foundations are my weakness .

I've never taken to CH - was put off by her In the Bathroom With appearance - but I think she handles the questions well. I've had injectables over a number of years and would probably have given similar answers.
Not seen it, but I am praising Marian Keyes for her honesty which I think has helped here. CH has said a few years ago that she had her eye lids done so fair play to her for that.

There’s a piece in Grazia this week that Marian Keyes has written and there’s big mentions of her love of beauty, Sephora and the injectables she’s had. She’s 54, did not know that.
Maybe we’re about to see a sea change

Last edited:

Blunderous

I use primer because the only foundation I've found that suits me in terms of shade sits horribly on my skin without one. As it happens I do have a couple of them, one that’s just silicone-y for the texture and one for a bit of glow, but I’m sure I’m not most women! And I only wear foundation once a week at the most, so it all lasts forever.

Marzipan

Thanks all - no sympathy needed - as in most families it was a complicated relationship and will be an interesting day (but yes, hopefully some laughs and nice memories too!). Not sure I agree about the chin hair though... 😁:oops:

RayRayJay

Secondly, not impressed with Nadine Baggott and Jo Jones’s post the other day - definitely not following HMG’s advice re social distancing 😡. Concealer really ain’t that important!
In her insta post it says it was filmed a month ago. Apologies if you're referring to something else!

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Going back to skincare... I’ve never needed to use body lotion, but in the last week my skin has gone so dry (menopausal possibly. Yes ladies, I am most definitely *there*). I’d like to buy some Cerave SA (now called smoothing or rough and bumpy cream it seems) but is it really OK to order non-essential items at the moment? Doesn’t it just add to pressure on the system?

Badabing101

VIP Member
I love seeing peoples travel cosmetics, but that column had neither joy nor any original tips. Im always cramming into the plastic pouch (nice spf for face, cheap spf for neck/body, various hair gunk for curly hair to wash or just to restyle). Would love to hear of peoples shortcuts and any recommendations for solid toothpaste / conditioner.

A more eco edit would just be saving past mini bottles and using a dash of nail varnish to colour code - but that way we cant "invest" in more plastic bottles and gadgetry.

(Tiger have those squishy tubes so they can be easier more into the plastic bag.)

Any recommendations for airport approved wash bags? I was eyeing up the spacenk one...
I have the Space NK one and it’s really good.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Actually I do like those jeans - did it say where they are from? Don't know why I ask as I never wear them.