Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Corbyn'sCat

Chatty Member
Also, you have to use products for at least a month to see any benefit and for your skin to get used to it (it took me 6 weeks to see any improvement from my Ordinary regime last year) Just how much time does she have?

Reactions: 2

melfish

VIP Member
I was looking at Marian Keyes's IG the other day (because of the discussion here) and there's a picture of her without make-up - with a caption apologising for looking awful because she's ill in bed. I had no idea she had such a lovely face.
Yes! I saw this too. Exactly what I am talking about. I thought it must have been an older photo until I read the caption

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Mumsnet has a subreddit! :LOL:

Speaking of foundations (see, that's what I love here as well)

Mine too, and the last one was an expensive mistake - YSL touche eclat foundation; says radiant, luminous; clings on every dry patch and some I didn't even know I had! Texture seemed nice on my hand, had a discount so was trigger happy, and now I'm stuck with it and making it work somehow.
The subreddit: It was the breakaway one we joined when ‘SarahStratton’ was banned for the ‘David’ debacle. It was nasty and I backed out without trying to upset anyone ; there were two sub-sub Reddit’s taking each other on, I’m not even mildly exaggerating .

• Wow

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Found this on TripAdvisor (bearing in mind that some of their reviews are to be taken with a pinch of Epsom salt)

The website does not state that you have to visit a doctor every day for 165 euros and buy additional treatments which for me where more than 1500 euros. They threatened to kick me out of the hotel without reimbursement for unused nights , if I don't buy the unnecessary abdominal massages, daily and final consultation with doctors

I'm guessing the top-tier guests and celebrities don't have to worry about this

• Sad
  • Haha

flamflim

The ASA have ‘clarified’ their ad declaration requirements. It’s like it’s been done specifically to convey how slippery influencers like SH have been behaving. She will be raging 😂

Can’t wait to read her updated disclaimer... it will be Sali word salad at its finest.
Where are those screenshots from? This is such great news!

melfish

VIP Member
Looking at Sali's grid and she looks the prettiest - and the youngest - in that almost bare-faced BB promotion. Sometimes I just don't understand makeup 🤷‍♀️

Rosie878

VIP Member
I have some sympathy with the fact that tattle threads come up when you google someone. Is there a way to only view threads if you’re logged in? Didn’t the GG forums work like that? SH’s main argument seems to be that this is so public.

Curio

Chatty Member
I think something like ‘ooh yes, love that one’ is friendlier but I guess I’m wearing my female social expectations goggles and so maybe should be thinking good for her vs #bekind.

rosemarina

VIP Member
So two night time routines in about a week with entirely different products. Fair enough but so much bloody STUFF. I use the same products for months until I use them up. Surely even influencers have to start to show a bit of restraint?
I do vary my night time products a bit, but my cleanser etc doesn’t change. I’ve noticed Biossance (which I’ve never used) moving heavily into the influencer space lately. The first time I heard of that brand was on the Full Coverage podcast (which I really enjoy actually, but they do NOT declare freebies properly).

CH does - if you watch her videos she's always mentioning her skin problems (itching, peeling, redness, sensitivity), although she always blames it on something else (weather, allergies, menopause). It always amuses me because she's describing an allergic irritation but not calling it that, then burbling on about how she's been using X brand all week, it's amazing, blah blah.
She seems to wang on about it purely so that she can get the nice man from Zelens to send her more of those vitamin D drops. I assume she is paid for every mention.

Disillusioned

VIP Member
What is the saddle metaphor?

- I dont follow Caroline Flack but is there strong reference to the media impact as the reason? It's not unheard of for people with credible allegations for abuse against them often to implode when faced with the legal ramifications. Who is to say that if she had the same allegations against her in a parallel world where she wasnt famous that there wouldn't be the same (sad) outcome?

She didnt take her own life after a newspaper article, she took it after information from the CPS came through.
This speculation - which is all that it can possibly be - is in really bad taste.

rosemarina

VIP Member
And the non-veggie Haribo, and the cod I swear was on her personalised menu at at dinner thrown by some brand (#ad) not all that long ago. And the tube of wine gums a couple of weeks ago...

• Haha

flamflim

ugh, she just adopted a Katie Hopkins style approach to her ‘reviews’. Be as vile as possible, no publicity is bad publicity. The comments sections aren’t kind to her though (Raeside I mean).

No idea if she is adopting a different style these days, I just avoid her.
I think she gave up on trying to Victor Lewis Smith!

• Haha

billybob

It’s always OK to draw boundaries and state what is comfortable for you. But if I ran around work saying that anyone who criticises me is a wanker and should be punished and I know where they live and who they’re married to, I would face dire consequences.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: