Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Why didn't she do her own damn makeup then?
Ah (and I really should go to bed) I have an answer. From Pretty Honest.
(Re women booking professional MUA for their big day).

"Women, in growing numbers, are booking a professional makeup artist for their big day and it can be a very wise investment. But, for reasons that remain unclear to me (perhaps in some misguided attempt at avoiding a busman's holiday), I booked a top celebrity make up artist......(seguing into the quote above)'.

I know in the present climate quoting her own book and commenting on it will be seen as hostile and trolling but hey ho.
I too am baffled. My daughter got married a couple of years ago and the MUA met her before for a consultation and it was an entirely collaborative venture. My daughter would 100% have spoken up (politely) if she didn't like what was happening. And she is not a beauty journalist.
I’ve never been married so I may be wrong, but don’t you have trial hair and make up? Or at least TALK to your make up artist before you went ahead?
It sounds like there was no discussion whatsoever beforehand?
Yes! Exactly. So the MUA was in the dark really.

Again at the risk of being a horrible troll why couldn't SH have just said something vague about wedding makeup instead of specifics that could be recognised by someone?

Reactions: 2

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
She is rubbish at describing scents. Musc Ravageur apparently smells like a vanilla coke float but is also bold and grubby?!
she is totally rubbish at it. Whoever told you it was one of your strengths LIED to you Sali. You just come over as pretentious and trying too hard.

• Haha

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
Agreed. I find her whole *thing* really weird. Does she ever post a negative review?
Reallyree you mean? I don't think so.
To me, negative review doesn't mean slagging off a product - British Beauty Blogger posts reviews about products she doesn't like/that don't work for her and she does it in a nice a polite manner.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I've said it here before many times but I'm convinced LE is the celebrity makeup artist referenced in Pretty Honest
What, what’s the tea? I don’t have Pretty Honest?
Seems odd because she never invited her to her bathroom series on YouTube or talks about her products.

Mokie

Chatty Member
Kind of off topic but here's a big blue ticker who is on the fringes of her twitter pals questioning Scofe. I'm off to see what John Niven has to say!
The real story behind his sudden announcement is all over Twitter. Joan Collins was on the telly this morning querying why he’s announced it when it was apparently an open secret for years. And his wife, what’s the deal there?

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
She wanted to be one? Even saw a couple of foreign films, subtitles and all (one was even an experimental film about onanists in East Germany), but it didn't come true...
Hence that odd and rather nasty choice of words in this weekend's 'column'. It reminded me of the story about someone naming their budgie Onan 'because he spilled his seed on the ground'.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Where are these people making all these requests? Into the ether?

Her grid is getting silly. All the tilted-head selfies look exactly the same. Even the most die-hard stan must be raising an upwardly brushed eyebrow by now?
Tut tut she gets 100s of PMs asking her. Wtf would it be a PM? Makes no sense.
Her grid is just a bit dull tbh. Most influencers try to mix it up a bit don't they?

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
It's not about intellectual snobbery my arse.
I happen to quite like Mrs Doubtfire and I watched it a million times when I was younger.
Nothing to do with my sexual awakenings to Matthew Lawrence.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I'd never heard of Erica Davies but just looked her up and like her IG. SH is so dull - close up of face. Er that's it. I know she would say she is beauty not lifestyle but a decent influencer has to be a bit inspirational don't they?

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
It's that whole sexist thing isn't it. If we were able to be identified as a group of men it would be banter, truth seeking, etc.
But because they've decided we're woman we are ugly jealous harpies.

If she thinks our calling out her bullshit is bad she should go on a football form. MY LAWWWWWRD they are brutal!
Yes, us women are just silly gossips.