Sali Hughes #11 A red lip, a pink tight, a leopard boot - how very singular!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Several client testimonies refer to her as a dermatologist. Is that dodgy?
Yes, it's dodgy! The misunderstanding benefits her. She shouldn't run testimonials that perpetuate it

I didn't realise sleeping on your back was good for anti-aging! If I slept on my back every night I might look younger but I might also potentially lose my relationship because I snore when I'm on my back :LOL::LOL:
I tried to sleep on my back last night and this morning was told I snored. (I have never been told this before) 💤 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ugh, I hate all these high profile doctors who claim to be derms but aren’t. I cringe myself inside out when people talk about Dr Dray like she’s an expert, as opposed to someone with a medical degree but no longer practises. Not to mention that she’s extremely mentally and physically unwell. I can’t watch.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
If CH, SH and A Model Recommends can market themselves as skincare experts no reason Dr Sam can't. But it is disingenuous to let people believe she is derm when she isn't

Reactions: 7
Back to the Chanel thing. I notice Estee did a little Chanel shopping.

This is interesting because I know a few years ago when the Gleam crew (Lily, Ruth, Anna, possibly others) were taken to the south of France for a Chanel makeup or perfume launch, part of the jaunt involved an excursion to the nearest Chanel store where they were given a 50% discount on their purchases.

All I’m saying is... they’ll be currently laying low but wouldn’t surprise me if, in a few weeks/months, Sali and co are suddenly sporting new Chanel items that they claim they paid for.

(I love that Estee has broken ranks, obviously zero fucks given.)

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Interesting, @PineappleQueen19 ! I remember the sudden flurry of Chanel handbags, but I don’t remember any of them mentioning that they got a 50% discount. Who broke ranks?

Reactions: 1
Thank you - it was mohs surgery so they check it all on the day. I only needed one round of surgery so it’s all good, very relieved. Went back to the hospital this week and they said it’s healing nicely :m:m:m

Btw for scar reduction I was specifically recommended Kelo-Cote gel from Amazon.
Glad it went well. I had skin cancer on my leg couple years ago. Flippin melanoma. I do think that people assume it’s from a mole, as I did, until diagnosed. Just some random pigment in my case. Thanks for the gel recco.

If CH, SH and A Model Recommends can market themselves as skincare experts no reason Dr Sam can't. But it is disingenuous to let people believe she is derm when she isn't
What about Hyram - he’s an expert and not something down your nether regions as I thought :oops: 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 2
One of the photoshootees snuggling up to the Chanel PR folk whose IG accounts are all private #soshy...
They are both followed by at least 4 of the influencers. Screenshot_20200123-202040_Gallery.jpg

Also...spinach got a new busher

Screenshot_20200123-202427_Gallery.jpg 20200120_181618.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I listened to a couple of SH's Avon podcasts when they came out and one included a discussion about unqualified persons giving the impression that they are dermatologists. Probably the podcast with Dr Emma Craythorne.

I'm sure there are doctors who aren't dermatologists who are able to treat many skin conditions perfectly competently but there must be transparency around qualifications.

Reactions: 3
This was in a Bella Mackie article about being an influencer. I think it a sums up what we’re all feeling
I seen Sali’s post that she was paid for the BB even but not that post. I think that’s a bit disingenuous, it’s part of a campaign, she’s active on SM. There will be her assumption by both parties it will be shared, otherwise what’s the point? If a tree falls in the woods does anyone hear it?
Mir if an influencer does a gig and doesn’t team it, did it happen?

(https://amp.theguardian.com/global/...&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true)

Attachments

• Heart
Who *is* credible?! Pillowface derm?
I really rate Dr Anjali Mahto, she’s very honest about her own struggles with adult acne. Her thoughts about roaccutane are very refreshing (I know it’s not perfect and has many critics but bloody hell does it work). I would rather listen to her advice than Hirons et al pedalling £100+ serums that wouldn’t be half as effective.

Reactions: 4
The trouble is, there's no incentive for a derm to have an IG account unless they have something to peddle. So there are conflicts of interest from the get go

I really rate Dr Anjali Mahto, she’s very honest about her own struggles with adult acne. Her thoughts about roaccutane are very refreshing (I know it’s not perfect and has many critics but bloody hell does it work). I would rather listen to her advice than Hirons et al pedalling £100+ serums that wouldn’t be half as effective.
Ah yes I forgot about her!
I bleeping love roaccutane. Grim for a year but worth it that now I can happily bump in to someone I know with a naked face.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.