Saffron Barker #3 has she or hasn’t she....who nose!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maturity, how shallow you are and your morality has nothing to do with further education in my opinion.
I think that you are just deeply offended with what i said because you probably didn’t carry on further education 😂
I think Saffron still hasn’t matured, i see her the same way as she was in highschool? tf why do you people have such a problem with me saying that?
If this situation was of another girl, not carrying on to college, basically quitting education to peruse youtube instead you lot would be like “how stupid, youtube isn’t going to last forever be thankful for your education” 😂😂😂😂 hypocrites

Reactions: 8
She doesn't though she's actually far more mature than most 19 year olds these days. Also, A levels don't change your personality 🤷‍♀️
She’s not mature her mum controls everything she posts, if she didn’t have her mum as her manager / assistant it would be very different. You only see what they want you to see. Going to uni and living on your own, managing your own money CHANGES YOU.

Reactions: 14
Respect to you for the amount of exercise you do. (Also anyone who battles depression like myself don’t feel bad if you can’t leave your bed or house some days cause that’s one thing I always give myself a hard time about which I shouldn’t.)You have set yourself a routine that’s personally healthy for your body and mind and as long as you feel good after it and are proud of yourself that’s all that matters. Nobody should ever feel the need to compare themselves to anyone else but sadly some influencers/youtubers can leave many people feeling they haven’t done enough which adds a lot of pressure and insecurity. Walks during quarantine is one of the best things for your mental health! I’m so glad you felt good doing that. I think Saffron stresses herself out to the point she won’t even allow herself to relax and enjoy food like sweets because even when she does eat them she’s constantly making unnecessary comments about it. We all are entitled to enjoy sweets there’s nothing wrong with it but Saffron and others can make people of all ages feel bad about themselves. Fair play to you and anyone who reads this comment who’s doing what’s best for them cause it’s a very hard world out there nobody needs anyone making them feel bad about their lifestyle whether it’s intentional or not.
Thank you for your response! I definitely have days where I don't do anything and I stay in bed all day and eat lots of food that Saffron says "omg I would never eat that I know better now" and I do feel a bit tit. I know it's partly my fault cause I watch Saffrons videos but there are some she posts that look interesting to watch and you would think have nothing to do with food but she always brings it up.

Reactions: 2
ALOT of people on this forum are very very jealous of Saffron’s success. Is it because you have rubbish lives? Dwindling careers? A plethora of other issues? Probabaly. Why do you have to tear down another woman’s success? She isn’t doing anything wrong and the majority of people on her scrutinise and criticise on a daily basis. Do you not have ANYTHING better to do at all? So what if she’s going to Santorini with her new boyfriend! So what if she wants to buy a luxury new car! So what if she likes to diet! She can do whatever she wants as it’s her life! Some people on here need to go out and get one.

Jealously never looks good.

if you feel that way then don’t watch her videos at all...
By pointing out that she has a clear unhealthy obsession with food isn't being jealous...

Reactions: 23
I believe she’s had this obsession a long time I remember in one of her videos she said she done there keto diet at 15

Reactions: 1
I think that you are just deeply offended with what i said because you probably didn’t
If
She’s not mature her mum controls everything she posts, if she didn’t have her mum as her manager / assistant it would be very different. You only see what they want you to see. Going to uni and living on your own, managing your own money CHANGES YOU.
Leaving school,
I think that you are just deeply offended with what i said because you probably didn’t carry on further education 😂
I think Saffron still hasn’t matured, i see her the same way as she was in highschool? tf why do you people have such a problem with me saying that?
If this situation was of another girl, not carrying on to college, basically quitting education to peruse youtube instead you lot would be like “how stupid, youtube isn’t going to last forever be thankful for your education” 😂😂😂😂 hypocrites
All I'm saying is education isn't for everyone and you can have a very successful career without further education. If YouTube suddenly stops, although I don't feel the same about about every Youtuber out there, Saffron certainly will not struggle to do something else so I really don't think you need to worry too much about her 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Although education doesn't define us, i do believe it would of helped Saffron broaden her mind so to speak, Other people who used to be friends with her (Carmie, another youtuber) said that he believed that Saffron is fake and maybe doesn't see things from other people's perspective (the train situation) into account because she wasn't able to mature enough from her high school popularity days, she even said herself that she didn't even try in lessons because her friends distracted her and they often skipped lessons to go mcdonalds, i believe that she is still stuck in her high school mentality and that's my opinion towards her only not other people who may of stopped at education at 16 and there is a difference between them people and saffron (and i bet they would hate to be compared to her anyways) because she BY PURE LUCK got popular on youtube she didn't have to work at all just make a video, edit then upload its not hard to do, other people after finished school probably worked really hard to become successful.

Also how are you saying Saffron is not 'thick' because she knows how to present herself to an audience? im belly laughing at that because the standards are so low for her... all she has to do is pretend to be happy about something and upload that fakery? and you're comparing her to hard working people? Also her company hires other people to put what she has to do for her 'brand' (whatever that is anyway its just a youtube channel) into to basic understanding because they are payed to do that for her? This wasn't her revolutionary idea for her to go into this management? And defo not working hard because the hard work is given to other people.

"Is that not being an adult and managing your career/life? She has discipline to stay on a youtube schedule, a fitness routine, training for the marathon, etc. All the skills you get from your degree or college, you use in the real world."
Um no because she does tit all she sits at home maybe a cheeky holiday 6 times a year and films herself, as you said her management tells other people to sort this tit out for her, being an adult would take on responsibility and do tit themselves, Also people do all them things u listed are basic things normal people do? tons of people work Hard and also have a youtube channel, tons of people work Hard and work out, tons of people work Hard sign up to do a marathon, STOP praising her for things shes being able to do because she had no actual hard work put into it, Its the viewers who made Saffron be as privilege as she is today NOT from being work savvy.

She has no work ethic at all, she does the basic things ever. Her maturity should be worked on, and yes maturity does have a part in how shallow and materialistic you are because if you was mature you wouldn't care about those things.
I agree ^^
shes not mature at all! She dropped education after high school after recieving awful grades and has had everything on a plate every since! Even her YouTube channel was on a plate to her if anyone even remembers?? Most YouTubers have to build their channel up where as hers just came from her boyfriend Jake Mitchell’s channel already being big with little girls!
This girl has never had life experience, she’s never had a job, never had to save up all her wages to buy a nice top, she’s just lived such a sheltered life that even now her parents do everything for her?! Her mum is her manager for gods sake!
She has no work ethic as she does not have to work hard for anything, she changes up her opinions with the times, such as fitness being her new thing because that’s the “in thing” on instagram and the biggest money maker at the moment.
As the girl above said, stop praising her for doing the basics that get given to her on a plate. Hopefully her moving out will change this..

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Leaving school,

All I'm saying is education isn't for everyone and you can have a very successful career without further education. If YouTube suddenly stops, although I don't feel the same about about every Youtuber out there, Saffron certainly will not struggle to do something else so I really don't think you need to worry too much about her 🤷‍♀️
Unfortunately the law says different about further education

Reactions: 1
Leaving school, getting a job, managing your own money and moving out at a young age changes you too. I'm 32, I did leave school at 16 and moved into my own flat at 18. I worked my way up in my company, bought my own house at 24. I live a comfortable life and have a very successful career under my belt, even more so than alot of my friends who stayed on for 6th form and went to college or uni. When I'm interviewing a candidate, whether they have a degree or not means absolutely nothing to me 🤷‍♀️ I know youngsters including myself are lead to believe that 'You won't get anywhere without A levels and a degree' but in my experience it couldn't be further from the truth.

Unfortunately the law says different about further education
Yes, unfortunately these days.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I think doing YouTube has matured Saffron (at least the business side of it), just like how moving away to university may have matured someone else. Just like how a trauma or a difficult life might have matured ten other people. She has a lot of maturing to do, as do most people her age, but that can come from all corners of life.

Maturity grows from more than just an education. Millions of people around the world have no access to compulsory education or further education and I think it's fair to assume they develop important skills and maturity in other areas of life. The same goes for people who have the choice but choose not to take it. Further education is not the be-all and end-all and it is certainly not for everyone. Let's not shame people, Saffron included, for choosing a different path. And anyway, success is relative and people can further their education later in life if they want to, too!

EDIT: This isn't a 'rave' about Saffron, more so a criticism towards some comments. I think Saffron has come from a very privileged background and hasn't had to face any slight hardships - which I think was displayed perfectly when she complained about someone taking their own life and delaying her return home. She has a lot of maturing to do in that sense, since she doesn't seem to recognise or care about the world outside of her perfect bubble. She has a lot to learn but I think a lot of it requires hardship or a different, less privileged and easy perspective than she's used to.

Last edited:
It’s not a trash or a rave thread but Jesus Christ if you think she’s perfect this isn’t the place for you 🤣🤣 plenty other threads for you. She does notably have many things to criticise on- if you think she doesn’t, this isn’t for you!

Reactions: 4
This does kinda scream jealousy...
I’m far from jealous of her, don’t get me wrong I’d love to have the money she does but not the way she’s earnt it. I work very hard to be skilled in what I do and would rather have something to show for it

I think she’s a very sweet girl and should be proud of her success however I don’t know what she’s going to do when YouTube is gone. Although she may have the likability for it, I really don’t think she’s articulate enough for presenting, tv/radio work Or anything in traditional media really. So what does that leave her with? I know she makes a lot of luxury purchases (as many would with that kind of money) but I hope she’s investing the rest of her money wisely.

I’m confused, if it’s not a trash or rave thread. Why are people who are saying she’s matured getting so much heat 😂
To be honest I don’t care cause she’s just a 19 year old girl to me plus I barely watch her so you guys would have a better handle on her personality. But ... watching the comments here is making me laugh.
Also, if we want to talk about maturity.. how mature are the people dragging a 19 year old not for her content but the fact she didn’t have to save to buy a top.. hmm

Reactions: 4
I’m confused, if it’s not a trash or rave thread. Why are people who are saying she’s matured getting so much heat 😂
To be honest I don’t care cause she’s just a 19 year old girl to me plus I barely watch her so you guys would have a better handle on her personality. But ... watching the comments here is making me laugh.
Also, if we want to talk about maturity.. how mature are the people dragging a 19 year old not for her content but the fact she didn’t have to save to buy a top.. hmm
Considering I said that you can stop indirecting (talking about maturity) 👍🏼 I’m not dragging her for “not having to save to buy a top”, I said that she’s had life and money handed to her on a plate in comparison to normal people with a normal wage, in response to someone saying she’s worked for it. I also said I wouldn’t mind the money she has but I would work for that instead. Get a grip 😘

ALOT of people on this forum are very very jealous of Saffron’s success. Is it because you have rubbish lives? Dwindling careers? A plethora of other issues? Probabaly. Why do you have to tear down another woman’s success? She isn’t doing anything wrong and the majority of people on her scrutinise and criticise on a daily basis. Do you not have ANYTHING better to do at all? So what if she’s going to Santorini with her new boyfriend! So what if she wants to buy a luxury new car! So what if she likes to diet! She can do whatever she wants as it’s her life! Some people on here need to go out and get one.

Jealously never looks good.

if you feel that way then don’t watch her videos at all...
I don’t think that many people on here are jealous of her. You can disagree with someone without being jealous of them. I personally couldn’t think of anything worse than being an influencer. Having to pick your phone up every day and post snippets of your life even when you’re having a crappy day? Feeling obliged to upload a video so many times a week to stay relevant even if your mental health is terrible and you’re having a crappy week? Getting hate no matter what you do? Constantly putting on a happy facade for viewers? I’ll pass, thanks.

I don’t think anyone on this thread dislikes Saffron or wishes any harm on her. I think the crux of what people are saying is that her views on food and exercise is quite harmful. As @heretoday10 said, there are plenty of examples of her making a comment on somebody else’s diet, putting it down and commenting on how much they eat. Especially Ana. I’ll be honest, lately my diet has been crappy in lockdown and if I were influenced by Saffron’s comments I’d fee pretty crappy about myself.

I think that’s where a lot of the ‘immature’ comments stem from too. Not immature in the sense that she gets hammered on nights out and causes trouble, but immature in the sense she seems to be quite narrow minded in thinking that her way is the best way.

No one is ‘tearing down her success’ I’m sure we can all say that she has been successful so far and good for her! But you can’t deny she’s had a lot more help than most, I remember in an old video she made with Ana when she was fairly new on YouTube, she said that she used FinalCut Pro editing software (£300+) and Ana was using iMovie which is free. She also had the top of the range filming equipment early on too. Her earliest videos were vlogs in a luxury villa in Florida, again something that not many people her age get to do - a lot of other young youtubers have to make do with filming in their bedrooms and hoping people find them interesting. So yes she has been given a lot more opportunities than many to get to where she is, so her parents money and drive does have a lot to do with where she is now. But please don’t think that anyone in this thread is putting her down or jealous, because while I wouldn’t mind the income she gets, I can assure you we’re not jealous.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
this video just came up on my suggestions, she looks so much prettier in the intro of this video I don’t know why she ever got work done

I’m living for the fact Saffron has ditched Ana and chose to go on holiday with her boyfriend first instead, bet Ana is fuming 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think when all this is over we will see alot less of Saff and Ana together, I really don't see them as anything more than work colleagues and their lives are going in completely different directions. I'd hate to go on holiday with Ana, imagine even trying to find somewhere for her to eat? Also, apparently Ana kicked off or went crazy or something on the skiing holiday so Saff was probably like 'WTF'

Reactions: 14
Although education doesn't define us, i do believe it would of helped Saffron broaden her mind so to speak, Other people who used to be friends with her (Carmie, another youtuber) said that he believed that Saffron is fake and maybe doesn't see things from other people's perspective (the train situation) into account because she wasn't able to mature enough from her high school popularity days, she even said herself that she didn't even try in lessons because her friends distracted her and they often skipped lessons to go mcdonalds, i believe that she is still stuck in her high school mentality and that's my opinion towards her only not other people who may of stopped at education at 16 and there is a difference between them people and saffron (and i bet they would hate to be compared to her anyways) because she BY PURE LUCK got popular on youtube she didn't have to work at all just make a video, edit then upload its not hard to do, other people after finished school probably worked really hard to become successful.

Also how are you saying Saffron is not 'thick' because she knows how to present herself to an audience? im belly laughing at that because the standards are so low for her... all she has to do is pretend to be happy about something and upload that fakery? and you're comparing her to hard working people? Also her company hires other people to put what she has to do for her 'brand' (whatever that is anyway its just a youtube channel) into to basic understanding because they are payed to do that for her? This wasn't her revolutionary idea for her to go into this management? And defo not working hard because the hard work is given to other people.

"Is that not being an adult and managing your career/life? She has discipline to stay on a youtube schedule, a fitness routine, training for the marathon, etc. All the skills you get from your degree or college, you use in the real world."
Um no because she does tit all she sits at home maybe a cheeky holiday 6 times a year and films herself, as you said her management tells other people to sort this tit out for her, being an adult would take on responsibility and do tit themselves, Also people do all them things u listed are basic things normal people do? tons of people work Hard and also have a youtube channel, tons of people work Hard and work out, tons of people work Hard sign up to do a marathon, STOP praising her for things shes being able to do because she had no actual hard work put into it, Its the viewers who made Saffron be as privilege as she is today NOT from being work savvy.

She has no work ethic at all, she does the basic things ever. Her maturity should be worked on, and yes maturity does have a part in how shallow and materialistic you are because if you was mature you wouldn't care about those things.

Yes I agree, Saffron did get lucky on Youtube - overnight she had 30k+ followers from her ex but since then, she HAS worked for the success of her channel. Carrying on with education is not the be all and end all. How many millionaires dropped out of college? Did this affect their maturity? NO. Did this affect their work ethic? NO. How many people don't have access to further education? Are they all immature? NO. People have different journeys in life and thats okay.

Money is the motivation for people like Saffron. She may not say it but clearly its something she strives towards and likes as she can buy herself nice things which may lead to her being called shallow and materialistic. Its so easy for people to lose interest in influencers but she's constantly on the move, working on her next project and in meetings and unlike many Youtubers (ANA), we see what these meetings actually lead too (Primark collection, book deal, Strictly, In the style etc). She has had so much support behind her because she is a privileged middle class girl who had the full support of her parents - Her mum would literally go everywhere with her to the point where Jed was probably left to his own more than with them! She's always had people at her back to support her and that plays a massive part. However you don't think that working around all these people, she hasn't picked up any life skills or experience? Connections are everything in social media and its something that Saffron has loads of. Its up to HER to network. Her management or her mum cannot do that for her. Yeah her management might get her in the door but ultimately, the brand has to like her as a person as well. Why do you think schools send you on work experience? To gain experience and see how people excel in their chosen fields. She doesnt need a degree for her chosen field - she needs experience, connections, the right management etc.

Her brand is HER. Without HER, there would no money. Without HER, there would be no management. I'm not saying she's revolutionary for having these people. I'm saying she's SMART for hiring them in the first place - they DONT do all the work but they obviously do the business strategies, they get her magazine interviews, TV appearances, sponsorships, brand deals, etc. They get her name out there but at the end of the day, its still Saffron within herself, who is marketing herself towards these brands. Theres a lot of work behind Youtube we DONT see and its mind boggling that you think its just filming and editing a video lol. YES, lots of people train for the marathon while working. YES, lots of people may have youtube channels while while working but all these things you begrudge Saffron for, do you begrudge the Social Climbers too? You used Carmie as an example above. He is the epitome of narcissistic rich kid who belittles his peers for a bit of engagement. The SC have no stability, no work ethic and are constantly partying and destroying personal property (hotel rooms, rented homes, airbnb!) - Is this what maturity is to you?

We're going to have to agree to disagree because I don't think she's lazy. I don't think she's perfect but she's definitely not immature because she didn't go to university or get a "proper" job. I don't think she does the bare minimum like a lot of Youtubers and I don't think by being shallow, that makes her immature. You can be successful, mature and still be materialistic.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.