Sadiq Khan

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So he didn’t say “white people should not have good jobs”.

He said that the racial and gender makeup of those working in the science and engineering sector is not proportionate to that of the population en masse.

Two entirely different things.
He said there is no good reason why white people should have jobs in science and engineering and that he is "fixing" it.

Racist. If you can't see that, then you are a racism denialist.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He said there is no good reason why white people should have jobs in science and engineering and that he is "fixing" it.

He didn’t say that the white people who currently work in STEM should lose their jobs. Nor did he say that no white people should ever be hired in STEM

He said that the proportion of individuals working in the sector should reflect the population at large. That’s how percentages work.

Reactions: 3
He didn’t say that the white people who currently work in STEM should lose their jobs. Nor did he say that no white people should ever be hired in STEM

He said that the proportion of individuals working in the sector should reflect the population at large. That’s how percentages work.
Over 86% of the population in this country are white. If anything, 65% in science and engineering suggests an under representation of white people.

Reactions: 4
And Calvin Robinson is a complete and utter bellend.
---

Over 86% of the population in this country are white. If anything, 65% in science and engineering suggests an under representation of white people.
My heart bleeds for the 21% not being represented.

• Angry
Reactions: 2
No - you posted a statistic saying that 65% of people in STEM are white men.

Reactions: 1
No - you posted a statistic saying that 65% of people in STEM are white men.
He obviously mentioned race for a reason.

Let's think about this if it was flipped around. If there was a white mayor saying there is no good reason why 65% of people in this industry are black men or Asian men. Would that not be racist?

Reactions: 4
If there was a white mayor saying there is no good reason why 65% of people in this industry are black men or Asian men. Would that not be racist?
No. But it’s a complete hypothetical because no such industry exists.

No. But it’s a complete hypothetical because no such industry exists.
It still proves my point that Sadiq Khan is a racist. Read the comments below his Tweet, Abi Roberts and other well known faces on Twitter say it's racist. It's not just me.

Right wing losers who appear regularly on GB News saying he's racist. What a shock.

Khan playing the racist card to gain likes ignoring equality of opportunity along with the passage of time.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I agree with you. It’s the 'no good reason' bit as though it’s bad. And that’s why I can’t bear Khan, he’s so divisive and loves to wind people up.

And you’re correct that if that statement was turned around it would be a terrible thing to say towards black people.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Khan playing the racist card to gain likes ignoring equality of opportunity along with the passage of time.
It's still very much a white man's world. Where exactly is this equality of opportunity you mention?

But there is no good reason why 65% of any industry is made up of white men when they account for about 40% of the population.
That's a racist comment. Maybe plenty of white men like working in Science?

Re the Equality Act, that doesn't translate to how the real world works. Do you really think that the moment that act was passed, equality issues were all solved?

Re the Equality Act, that doesn't translate to how the real world works. Do you really think that the moment that act was passed, equality issues were all solved?
In the past 12 years, we have had male Prime Ministers, female Prime Ministers, white Prime Ministers, an Indian ancestral Prime Minister, a black Treasury Secretary. Seems like equal opportunities to me. But my friend's son who was told he can't work in management in the army because he is white would agree that the Equality Act doesn't protect him from the discrimination he sadly faces.

But there is no good reason why 65% of any industry is made up of white men when they account for about 40% of the population.
They account for 49%, maybe that was a typo on your part. So, little more than 1/6th of the overall figure above at 65%. Hardly terrible.

I'm surprised Khan didn’t mention the NHS instead but that’s because Asian people outnumber black people and he only wants to poke his fingers at white people doesn’t he?

B64D8CE2-9917-4B97-87D9-D5691A6A9DFB.jpeg