Sad Songs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh great thread
1. Into my arms by Nick Cave and the bad seeds (my ultimate...)
2. Ben Folds Five - Brick (TW Abortion/baby loss)
3. Elbow - Scattered black and whites (beautiful...)

Reactions: 1
Tunnels by Arcade Fire. Not a sad song but makes me goosebumpy and teary just because it's bloody beautiful. Never had a piece of music affect me so much on first listen.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Never Tear Us Apart by INXS (although that might be too much, Bezolabub!) I just remember hearing it played at Michael’s funeral and Paula with her tiny wee girl 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have a few songs I associate with really sad times in my life; Everybody Hurts was a song my mum really liked, and I played it a lot after she died when I was 21, which was probably the lowest time in my life. And The Drugs Don't Work, which was released just before my dad died. The line 'I know I'll see your face again' still makes me cry immediately.

Come What May from Moulin Rouge is quite special to my partner and I, but if we ever get married I've said it absolutely can't be played because I will end up a weeping mess with mascara all over my face 😭🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hope all gets better for you guys soon 💚
These are some of my favourites (impossible to list them all!):
The Night Will Always Win - Elbow
Bright Horses - Nick Cave (& Into My Arms, Nick Cave is a treasure trove for sad songs)
Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros (this piece is a glory)
No Hard Feelings - Avett Brothers
Blood - The Middle East
Nothing Arrived - Villagers
I Wish I Was Sober - Frightened Rabbit
Two Cousins - Slow Club
Waiting - Alice Bowman
And The Boys - Angus & Julia Stone
The Ghost on the Shore - Lord Huron
Statue of a Man - Mutual Benefit

I could go on! but I’ll stop myself. Delve into classical pieces too, there’s a whole world of emotion there.

• Heart
I hope all gets better for you guys soon 💚
These are some of my favourites (impossible to list them all!):
The Night Will Always Win - Elbow
Bright Horses - Nick Cave (& Into My Arms, Nick Cave is a treasure trove for sad songs)
Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros (this piece is a glory)
No Hard Feelings - Avett Brothers
Blood - The Middle East
Nothing Arrived - Villagers
I Wish I Was Sober - Frightened Rabbit
Two Cousins - Slow Club
Waiting - Alice Bowman
And The Boys - Angus & Julia Stone
The Ghost on the Shore - Lord Huron
Statue of a Man - Mutual Benefit

I could go on! but I’ll stop myself. Delve into classical pieces too, there’s a whole world of emotion there.
I have heard of some of those from my distant past, and will definitely dig them out again, along with your others. Thank you

I'm loving Falling by Harry Styles at the moment. Not a huge fan of his but the song is great.

Reactions: 3

This is lush and poignant and will always make me cry. I think it’ll leave you in bits through!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
One last time-Ariana Grande because it reminds me of the victims of the manchester arena bombing.:cry:

• Heart
Reactions: 11