RVKLoves #35 RSV Loves #ihavethisthingwithspreadinggerms

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s such a dick. Shares an alarmist post that probably shames a lot of parents without looking into the facts behind the post then backtracks when someone messages her. Well I wouldn’t expect anything less from someone who lived her life via ‘leaps’ - despite that bit of parenting nonsense being based on a study with a minuscule sample size 🙄

Reactions: 10
What on earth does she think children ‘in the olden days’ did before screens? Other than playing. 🙄

9C5874AA-38D8-4E51-85AE-A1AB01822052.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
FFS the cocomelon posts ... a small amount of tv is not going to damage your child. She should worry more about her children's likelihood of contracting pneumonia.
Or some disgusting disease from the copious amounts of dirt she’s exposed too 🤣

Reactions: 4
We were bored at times. And that’s good. Bored is fine! No sticking eyes on bleeping leaves for miss meringue
I believe it’s been proven that children should have down time….filling every moment of their day doesn’t prepare them for life. And they cannot cope as they get older without constant stimulus.

The best approach is everything in moderation. Not allowing any screen time or tv will only ostracise children from their peers once they start school amongst other things. Teaching children by setting a good example would be a good place to start Grabby.

Reactions: 12
Boredom is good for children of all ages. I remember the 6 week holiday seemed like a lifetime. And we only had 4 tv channels. I suppose her free childcare is in the Maldives so she’s struggling at the moment.

• Haha
Like others have said, it's good to be bored or not have some every minute of your life planned and organised with some sort of stimulus. I remember as a small child I used to have great fun watching raindrops 'chase' each other on the window. Kids will find a way to entertain themselves!

I believe it’s been proven that children should have down time….filling every moment of their day doesn’t prepare them for life. And they cannot cope as they get older without constant stimulus.

The best approach is everything in moderation. Not allowing any screen time or tv will only ostracise children from their peers once they start school amongst other things. Teaching children by setting a good example would be a good place to start Grabby.
It has been proven. Many years ago and I was like thank duck mate! I couldn’t be doing with every baby/toddler group going. Jesus my worst bloody nightmare all those cliquey witches!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It has been proven. Many years ago and I was like thank duck mate! I couldn’t be doing with every baby/toddler group going. Jesus my worst bloody nightmare all those cliquey witches!
Agreed about the cliquey witches!
Unfortunately I think she’ll be one of those mothers who lives vicariously through their children.

Reactions: 6
"Child psychology fascinates me". Me too, Grabs. But what I find more interesting than the effect of a bit of Cocomelon on TV is the long term damage on the psyche of a 13yo child who was groomed by a 24yo man... It's sadly obvious that damage is extensive.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
"Child psychology fascinates me". Me too, Grabs. But what I find more interesting than the effect of a bit of Cocomelon on TV is the long term damage on the psyche of a 13yo child who was groomed by a 24yo man... It's sadly obvious that damage is extensive.
She’s so interested in child psychology and development that she persists in buying Freya non-age appropriate books and toys (and giant clothes!), as well as pretending that she is making ridiculous crafts independently. Oh dear.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Is it me, or is the story with her Dr friend’s views on children’s TV smug and offensive?! Her friend is basically saying that children’s attention problems are “almost entirely “down to their mother’s low education and socio economic status . So , there’s no need for Grabby to worry herself about her “kiddos” development given her law degree and middle class status. Clearly those of us without law degrees or middle class trappings don’t mother as well as the likes of Grabby ..

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Is it me, or is the story with her Dr friend’s views on children’s TV smug and offensive?! Her friend is basically saying that children’s attention problems are “almost entirely “down to their mother’s low education and socio economic status . So , there’s no need for Grabby to worry herself about her “kiddos” development given her law degree and middle class status. Clearly those of us without law degrees or middle class trappings don’t mother as well as the likes of Grabby ..
She’s in for a big surprise when bentos reachesher teens and starts questioning her parents relationship.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Is it me, or is the story with her Dr friend’s views on children’s TV smug and offensive?! Her friend is basically saying that children’s attention problems are “almost entirely “down to their mother’s low education and socio economic status .
Yes I thought this. And sexist too.

Reactions: 9
She’s in for a big surprise when bentos reachesher teens and starts questioning her parents relationship.
Oh such a dreamy story mumma! Do tell me more about how you were still a kiddo when dada made a play for you. I am so enthralled! Older than your years you say? And what if I am too mumma and I fall for much older man when I’m 13? Will you be ok with that? Will dada? It’s a tricky one isn’t it? For various reasons #dadahadthisthingaboutteens

• Haha
Reactions: 19
''I *think* we're coming through the worst of it''.

Bless her, she really has no idea does she?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
''I *think* we're coming through the worst of it''.

Bless her, she really has no idea does she?
Just wait till she's 13 and threatening to run off with a pea dough nearly twice her age! I *think* that may be worse than a toddler tantrum? It's a tricky one though isn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.