RVK_Loves #26 Cooking a baby, living the plywood dream, 10x more tiles than anyone's seen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I ask a genuine question (or two!)?
do you look back and think what was I doing/ who did I think I was? OR was Insta just the photo sharing/creativity app (which I wish it still was) it used to be? I don’t mind stories but the swipe up/affiliated link #ads and #paid partnerships ruined it in my eyes.

Was there any genuine friendships made or did you feel pressure to bolster other big accounts to be “seen”?

did you make a living from this and was it a comfortable one?

you are amongst like minded people here so welcome x
Of course you can!
I look back at it in two ways....
I do miss the old days before ads and aff links, and ‘Insta fame’. I got really sucked into perfecting the perfect grid, so my photos had to be edited to perfection and in sinc with each other. Completely playing to my perfectionist personality.
I remember and enjoyed the days where it was more like a ‘photo diary’ and you interacted with like-minded people. I did seem to make genuine connections with others, and I have met a couple of my ‘Insta friends’.
I felt the change around the time I was pregnant/gave birth in 2016, I’ve had my account since 2012. At the time I felt in competition with people, I had mutually followed for years as their accounts ‘took off’.
I was quite ‘in’ with some big IG names; RVK, TTMM, We.Made.This.Home, Life with Oaks and Olive... etc etc.
The first time I was ever approached to do an ad, was after my daughter was born, for a reusable nappy company. I never used reusable nappies, I’m not an ‘earthy mum’ and I never will be. That was the point where I thought - ‘Hold on here Tits; are you that desperate?!’ And the more I learned about the weirdos around, and the thought of someone taking my pictures of my baby. Did not sit well with me. So that’s when I went through all my followers with a fine tooth comb and went private.

So yeah I don’t get much interaction these days, and I still like to make sure my photos look nice (but that’s for me), I don’t feel pressure with it, and I don’t look at anyone else’s account with envy. That is their life, this is mine.

I’m glad I jumped ship when I did. I couldn’t be arsed with the work those lot put in. I have a job! A bloody good one, and a career. And a beautiful, happy daughter. I don’t need anyone’s validation for that.

But totally agree, I hate the ads, I hate the aff links and I hate the rise of the ‘influenza’. Old Insta was the best, but hey, least we get some entertainment from the circus?!

I hope that answered your questions 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Think that house {with the added bonus that it backs onto lovely fields} must be virtually opposite to the Sterlings half-a-manor :ROFLMAO: oh what a nice rub in the face it must be going past it everyday.

Guessing it was always the plan to move nearer to mumma's 'if' they decided to have kids. Bet grabby was influenced by the influencers she followed. Saw how much followers and freebies/ads they gained from falling pregnant, charting every minuet part of their pregnancy up to and onwards from birth and thought... mmm, I want a piece of that pie. Spurred on by this, when the current house came on to the market. They jumped on it {paying way over the odds for it} without finding out what they could and couldn't to the {half of a} listed building. With him being a property developer, surely buying a property which was nearly twice the price {of the lovely 3 bedroomed semi-detached house} was a stupid decision to make. As you've put all the money into buying the house and not having a budget for renovating. I'm guessing any renovation costs goes via the family property development companies.

* Has anyone else noticed on the rightmove house price history section. The house on there is actually the house NEXT-DOOR and not there's - it wasn't like that before, I wonder why it's changed 🤔
I was about to say the same thing: Queen Phoebe with her Tattlers tea reference - we see you and we salute you 🙌
I went to see too. She’s ace! A real tonic for the total moral vacuums which exist on IG. Where does the tea sipping/Dolly Parton gif or “Tattlers tea reference” originate from?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Of course you can!
I look back at it in two ways....
I do miss the old days before ads and aff links, and ‘Insta fame’. I got really sucked into perfecting the perfect grid, so my photos had to be edited to perfection and in sinc with each other. Completely playing to my perfectionist personality.
I remember and enjoyed the days where it was more like a ‘photo diary’ and you interacted with like-minded people. I did seem to make genuine connections with others, and I have met a couple of my ‘Insta friends’.
I felt the change around the time I was pregnant/gave birth in 2016, I’ve had my account since 2012. At the time I felt in competition with people, I had mutually followed for years as their accounts ‘took off’.
I was quite ‘in’ with some big IG names; RVK, TTMM, We.Made.This.Home, Life with Oaks and Olive... etc etc.
The first time I was ever approached to do an ad, was after my daughter was born, for a reusable nappy company. I never used reusable nappies, I’m not an ‘earthy mum’ and I never will be. That was the point where I thought - ‘Hold on here Tits; are you that desperate?!’ And the more I learned about the weirdos around, and the thought of someone taking my pictures of my baby. Did not sit well with me. So that’s when I went through all my followers with a fine tooth comb and went private.

So yeah I don’t get much interaction these days, and I still like to make sure my photos look nice (but that’s for me), I don’t feel pressure with it, and I don’t look at anyone else’s account with envy. That is their life, this is mine.

I’m glad I jumped ship when I did. I couldn’t be arsed with the work those lot put in. I have a job! A bloody good one, and a career. And a beautiful, happy daughter. I don’t need anyone’s validation for that.

But totally agree, I hate the ads, I hate the aff links and I hate the rise of the ‘influenza’. Old Insta was the best, but hey, least we get some entertainment from the circus?!

I would love to know who you are 😂 had my account since that time and followed similar accounts way back when... plus had a baby the same year!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Thank you so much; if I can be bold, my last question to you is...

did anyone recognise you or interact with you in an over familiar way because they knew you through your account?

the reason I ask is I was in a town the same weekend as Rebecca and her family. I was in one queue and she was in another across a road. It creeped me out that I knew almost everything about her, her family, house, car...
and it was all for money.

your privacy and identity is the most precious commodity you can own.

I was watching her like a David Attenborough documentary before I checked myself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think one of the biggest factors in her wanting to buy that house is that it has ‘Palace’ in the name.

My friend (a work college) of mine followed her from before she was married and in 2016 decided to unfollow her because it was damaging her MH to see the endless holidays and privilege. I remember talking about her to my friend at work because we were all a similar age and we just couldn’t understand how her life was like this when were just starting out and could barely afford to pay our rent.
My friend ended up blocking her account because she couldn’t tear her eyes away and RVK messaged her through her selling page asking why she couldn’t see her photos anymore (because they followed each other before). My friend was honest and said that it was making her feel like crap to see RVK’s life and that she needed to focus on her own happiness without the burden of comparison. From memory RVK just replied with ‘Oh that’s a shame’ and that was it! It was around that time we found her Twitter account one lunchtime and uncovered those awful tweets - it kind of confirmed that she was nothing to envy and my friend quickly moved on from it thankfully.

I feel like I picked up the gauntlet of not being able to look away but now just view her life for what it is; a sad and sheltered existence built on a foundation of sexual and emotional manipulation.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It's in reference to what she might have ingested around conception time. With Bentos it was bee pollen, with Baby Hamlet it was packed ham in Italy
Thanks for explaining this ✅✅. I thought the Bentos came from Fray Bentos pies (Fray as in Freya 😀😀). Honestly I make myself laugh sometimes I do 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think one of the biggest factors in her wanting to buy that house is that it has ‘Palace’ in the name.

My friend (a work college) of mine followed her from before she was married and in 2016 decided to unfollow her because it was damaging her MH to see the endless holidays and privilege. I remember talking about her to my friend at work because we were all a similar age and we just couldn’t understand how her life was like this when were just starting out and could barely afford to pay our rent.
My friend ended up blocking her account because she couldn’t tear her eyes away and RVK messaged her through her selling page asking why she couldn’t
Thanks for explaining this ✅✅. I thought the Bentos came from Fray Bentos pies (Fray as in Freya 😀😀). Honestly I make myself laugh sometimes I do 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
That is where it came from!

Reactions: 8
Sorry that was such a poor explanation now I've read it back! I meant Bentos is knowing as Baby Bee because of the bee pollen. Bentos being Bentos is to do with the pie. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think this thread is great fun our jokes about her superficial Instagram lifestyle , but recent commentxx as about how vacuous and fake it all is makes me worry for her children , I see lots of fucked up families who have these fake empty souls she’s not very bright but she has absolutely no emotional intelligence whstesoever , there are lots of of them within the influencers community I’ve met a few, I choose the accounts I follow wisely because of it , a decade ago the gram was genuine and creative unfortunately greed has taken .... sorry for the ramble but it opens up debate 😜

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.