Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting that Ruth said there was a big demand for that type of house during lockdown and it was a good time to sell - but then she sold it to Caroline in what I think was a private sale? Don't think the house was ever listed on property sites etc was it? You'd think if demand was high and it was a good time to sell, then she'd want to encourage multiple bids to get the best price possible. Maybe Caroline made her an offer she couldn't refuse. She did say she only saw herself staying in that house for another 5 years anyway, as the location wasn't ideal, which makes you wonder why she bought it in the first place!

I've never understood that about her. She takes on far too much with the remodeling. Now there's the new house and a seaside cottage. Her houses never look quite like a home, or comfortable.

Reactions: 6
I've never understood that about her. She takes on far too much with the remodeling. Now there's the new house and a seaside cottage. Her houses never look quite like a home, or comfortable.
Some people just love it though, the renovation life. I’ve done it a few times and quite enjoy it, you get to design and execute exactly what you want rather than live in someone else’s ideal. Obviously it’s a dusty pain the arse in the interim and not ideal with small children. It can be lucrative if you decide to sell on afterwards but most of the time it isn’t unless you’ve gone into it knowing you’ll be moving on because if you do it with the view to staying, you tend to overspend on fixtures and fittings. If they aren’t doing it as a development/climb the ladder thing people sell their fully renovated family homes because they get itchy feet again, they can’t afford to run them once they’ve done them up (classic Grand Designs-itis) or they have to move for work or schooling reasons. They generally lose money or break even on them once the money spent on them and the normal market forces have been taken into account (yes the house has gone up in value but it would’ve done anyway and the % gained isn’t enough to cover the reno costs).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This!

while she lived in that huge victorian mansion I was always waiting when they will finally finish the house and show all the rooms, but it never happend. Even I as a viewer felt stressful about this endless unfinished home, so how can they feel comfortable in there?

for example the living room, it never seemed to be finish and so „cold“, if anyone know what I mean?

Reactions: 10
This!

while she lived in that huge victorian mansion I was always waiting when they will finally finish the house and show all the rooms, but it never happend. Even I as a viewer felt stressful about this endless unfinished home, so how can they feel comfortable in there?

for example the living room, it never seemed to be finish and so „cold“, if anyone know what I mean?
She had no idea how to furnish the Georgian house, despite all the ‘partnerships’ with furniture, furnishings and electricals companies (she had a squashy sofa from Arlo & Jacob, £££’s worth of designer carpet which was a terrible design choice in that space, a Samsung Frame TV when they first came out and were extremely expensive). Even the furniture placement was wrong, it always looked temporary and empty, like they’d just moved in. No wonder most of her content downstairs was in the kitchen where the furniture is all fitted and she didn’t really have to do much in the way of adding to.

I’m no fan of the way Hirons runs her business or conducts herself on social media but I do think her interior design style (rich, bold colours and plush fabrics as per her red Fulham living room) is more suited to this house than Ruth’s.

Reactions: 9
Interesting that Ruth said there was a big demand for that type of house during lockdown and it was a good time to sell - but then she sold it to Caroline in what I think was a private sale? Don't think the house was ever listed on property sites etc was it? You'd think if demand was high and it was a good time to sell, then she'd want to encourage multiple bids to get the best price possible. Maybe Caroline made her an offer she couldn't refuse. She did say she only saw herself staying in that house for another 5 years anyway, as the location wasn't ideal, which makes you wonder why she bought it in the first place!
£2 million according to google!
1634393958873.png

Reactions: 1
Ruth's new house is definitely a better fit for her, you could tell she didn't love the mansion. I found the modern and kitsch crap she had dotted around quite jarring at times...I know the look she was going for but it didn't quite hit the mark. Haven't seen much of the new house, but she's been busy with the holiday cottage.

Reactions: 12
It was always disappointing to not see it look good whilst Ruth lived there, she seemed lost in that house, all we ever wanted was a full tour and it never got there! Hopefully Hirons will actually do something with it not that we will see it now as she’s not about that. All the old tat Ruth owns (and thinks looks good) is far better suited to the weird house that she now has. That salmon pink bathroom with dark cabinets and chrome fittings makes me want to vom, it’s such a mess! It doesn’t even look good styled in photos! The panelled waxed sapele looks ridiculous, it’s like a really bad spa locker room, god knows what they’re thinking when they make those choices! I saw Lily Pebbles pondering the same salmon tile for her loft the other day, Jesus! 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She throws it all together without consulting anyone. I don't think her husband gets a say about it.

Reactions: 2
She is but, there are loads of grammers shilling Sky Glass, Ruth has at least given a full review, all Hinch had to say was that she loved it, zero else to add.
Sure Sky has most of them shilling it before they even had it!!! “Something exciting is coming…” or whenever with the silly rainbow looking thing. A Smart TV basically - wow!!

Sure Sky has most of them shilling it before they even had it!!! “Something exciting is coming…” or whenever with the silly rainbow looking thing. A Smart TV basically - wow!!
Sky are so behind the times with that stupid Glass thing. People must be bloody MAD to buy a whole new TV from sky just to get TV. They should’ve done a streaming service instead but they have to justify their ludicrous pricing. Cheeky fuckers.

Reactions: 3
Sky are so behind the times with that stupid Glass thing. People must be bloody MAD to buy a whole new TV from sky just to get TV. They should’ve done a streaming service instead but they have to justify their ludicrous pricing. Cheeky fuckers.
Exactly, I don;t know anyone that has one/would consider buying one

Totally, we took what felt like the plunge and ditched Sky a couple of months ago and don't miss it at all (and we're saving an absolute fortune).

• Heart
Reactions: 4
To be fair, it’s sometimes easy to forget sometimes now (especially as she drops the ‘a model recommends’ branding or at least uses it less frequently) that she was a model signed with one of the top agencies and working internationally. Those genes don’t just disappear even as age creeps in.

I remember watching her on a documentary on Channel 4 (that also followed Erin O Connor) nearly 20 years ago when she was sent out to Japan for a few months. But that’s showing my age!

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.