Russ in Cheshire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've only been aware of this dude for a few days, and, as I said, I'm not a prude or a kink shamer, but that blog is 😨😱🤮

I suppose, now we've got a proper thread, we can say the blog is called honey n cream

I've screenshot the last post there here (in case he ever remembers his password), I've probably messed it up a bit and it's very long, but you get the gist

I skim read it and stopped at the mention of the Blackwall Tunnel. JHC. Send eye bleachios. Brain bleachios too.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Have you seen the thread he posted about owing Scottish Power a ton of money?? Timing is VERY sus.
So glad there’s a thread, out atm so can’t read but find his financial situation incredibly unusual? If it’s just him surely he’s in a reasonably sized property…? I don’t think we’ve spent that much on utilities in the past 3/4 years in a 3 bed house and I have the heating on constantly??

Did try and find him on companies house as I couldn’t believe he didn’t have £5k in savings, the name is so generic it’s hard.

Reactions: 15
I'm glad there is a thread about this guy, he's a desperate trope of the Slightly Hapless But Socially Aware Bloke, though scratch the surface and he's an absolute grifter, dripping with misogyny (that blog... bleeping hell :ROFLMAO:)

I randomly clicked on one of his supporters on his initial, "I'm being sued, send cashos," tweet, and surprise surprise, they also had a GoFundMe, except they needed cash to pay the vet's bill. These people club together, as they need cohesiveness in their pile ons, but are still chasing one another for the top dollar. It would be amusing if it wasn't so pathetic.

I'd also love to know how much he gave Jack Monroe in his supportive tweet to her 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
As I said in the JM thread, I'd always assumed that Russ In Chesire was an RS Archer style parody account.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
How long til the odious twerp finds here and goes off on one?
I'd never come across him before the Jack thread but he seems utterly ghastly. And his 'takes' on politics so similar to her's it is scary.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
He’s odious. I’m surprised he’s had any women willing to have sex with him.
the gofundme shite turns me insane. I can’t get over the entitlement of people who just speak absolute shite and expect others to dig deep to support them. This is worse when it’s a man who has a car which is way out of reach of so many people and has other income sources.
(plus there’s the trussell trust in case I wasn’t put off enough already!)
I have never heard of this twit before, but after a brief google.what the actual duck?

I think he has been having sex with mother thumb and her four daughters since he was 14 rather than a real life lady.,

Eta move over Jack, there's a new bleep on the block!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I think he'll react like that SmoldickenergyRobots guy; endless whining although secretly enjoying the extra attention.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
What did he say/not say, and to who to start this grift? I’m so sick of the fraudsters and even more of the mugs who try to defend it.

Reactions: 16
Does anyone know what this bloke’s day job is? He lists 3 very different disciplines in his profile, and 2 of them don’t really lend themselves to being 48 without relatively immediate access to £6.5k…?

His Tesla is their entry level car, it’s ~£50k. Appreciate that’s not cheap but it’s not unusually high versus traditional car brands. It makes sense for a middle class man earning alright, but doesn’t make any sense for someone who can’t pull £6.5k out in an emergency or claims to owe thousands in utilities…?

Does he have a Patreon cos I’ll get tracking that for us too 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Does anyone know what this bloke’s day job is? He lists 3 very different disciplines in his profile, and 2 of them don’t really lend themselves to being 48 without relatively immediate access to £6.5k…?

His Tesla is their entry level car, it’s ~£50k. Appreciate that’s not cheap but it’s not unusually high versus traditional car brands. It makes sense for a middle class man earning alright, but doesn’t make any sense for someone who can’t pull £6.5k out in an emergency or claims to owe thousands in utilities…?

If he's claiming to earn £42k then he could probably afford to lease a Tesla. That's a take-home of very roughly £2600 a month¹, and unless you're living in London that should be enough to have a decent amount of disposable income.

But not being able to afford £6.5k in one go isn't *that* surprising. In an ideal situation I² could put it on my credit card, but I'd be paying it off for some time.

¹assuming £42k is right around the higher level tax threshold, although because of how tax rates work it makes little difference at that point.

²I don't earn £42k.

Reactions: 11
I thought rear foo foo man had to be a lad in his 20s who needed to grow up but he’s 48?!? He really hates women doesn’t he? Strong incel vibes from his rant at all the women who didn’t want to sleep with him. Also you’re knocking on 50 pal, why aren’t you paying your utility bills because that must have been years worth of unpaid usage to be that high.

• Sad
Reactions: 30

According to his website, he does UX/web development/design stuff. I’ve worked with freelancers from that discipline and it’s not a poorly paid job at all. It’s also something that wouldn’t have been impacted by Covid.

He has also mentioned the town he lives in which seems to be a very nice place to live. I wonder if he’s a bit like Jack as in he has decent earnings but pisses them away? Big mortgage/rent plus a leased/financed Tesla would take a chunk out of his earnings.

Dunno what he’s doing to get those kind of energy bills. Charging his Tesla a lot?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
If he's claiming to earn £42k then he could probably afford to lease a Tesla. That's a take-home of very roughly £2600 a month¹, and unless you're living in London that should be enough to have a decent amount of disposable income.

But not being able to afford £6.5k in one go isn't *that* surprising. In an ideal situation I² could put it on my credit card, but I'd be paying it off for some time.

¹assuming £42k is right around the higher level tax threshold, although because of how tax rates work it makes little difference at that point.

²I don't earn £42k.
Btw caveat firstly I know having any savings at all is a huge privilege, I’m by no means suggesting every 48 year old would or should be able to meet it. But just looking at his Twitter profile I see a bloke nearly 20 years older than me, with tons more social capital, and as an author/media personality (assuming?) he’ll have the privilege of large windfall payments so I struggle to see how he couldn’t meet it?! Like not even a couple of grand? Not even the £1.5k processing fee? Like… what’s gonna happen when someone clips your Tesla wing mirror hun? Crowd fund 4 Elon?

Moreover most of his peers will be retiring in the next decade…? And he’s got £0 in cash savings? Really…? Shoulda spent less time doing marathon dicking sessions more time reading a bit of Martin Lewis’ website hun x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
What did he say/not say, and to who to start this grift? I’m so sick of the fraudsters and even more of the mugs who try to defend it.
I know. I've had a quick look at that twitter thread and so many people saying 'anyone who questions you is a troll', which is such a barmy mindset. Like Jack's fans - they apparently support people who are 'brave and stick their heads above the parapet' to hold people to account - but under no circumstances should their heroes be given the slightest scrutiny.

(Foo foo said an hour ago he only has £900. And isn't expecting any more money until May 2023 when his book comes out. He actually is Jack isn't he? Scary).

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
According to his website, he does UX/web development/design stuff. I’ve worked with freelancers from that discipline and it’s not a poorly paid job at all. It’s also something that wouldn’t have been impacted by Covid.
£42k would be on the low to medium end for that. Especially for someone in their late 40s. You can easily earn twice that.

Reactions: 10

He has also mentioned the town he lives in which seems to be a very nice place to live. I wonder if he’s a bit like Jack as in he has decent earnings but pisses them away? Big mortgage/rent plus a leased/financed Tesla would take a chunk out of his earnings.

Dunno what he’s doing to get those kind of energy bills. Charging his Tesla a lot?
Ah thank you! So the dev/analyst stuff is grossly overstated lol, but even so you’re looking around £50k going by averages, as you can see it does skew a bit lower. But unlikely to be over £60k.

478530D8-B7E7-4353-AFA7-89EB9712CAB1.jpeg

Personally haven’t ever heard of UX designers earning much more than £40/50k, even in tech firms. He is freelance tho so may be able to tip it a bit over. Personally wouldn’t be choosing to buy a car equal to 100% of my single income household’s take home but to each their own.

Reactions: 15
He lives in Crewe? I mean, it’s in Cheshire, just. But when someone says “Cheshire”, Crewe is not what comes to mind.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
He lives in Crewe? I mean, it’s in Cheshire, just. But when someone says “Cheshire”, Crewe is not what comes to mind.
Have just gone on rightmove (investigative journalism during toddler naps 😂) and it’s £200-300k for a 3/4 bed semi! How the duck is he so skint?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.