Russ in Cheshire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve always been proudly bisexual,
Same here! But this makes me want to set sail and live permanently on Lesbos, if you catch my drift. 😭😬

I only know of Russ in Cheshire from his 'Week in Tory' blogs. I read them and thought 'well the humour's kind of repetitive, but I'm glad someone's holding them to account and keeping a record of all the political craziness'. Had no clue about the blog. I haven't read all of the spoilered post, but it sounds like some unhinged incel manifesto that a mass shooter would post before going on a spree. I don't mean to be flippant about those crimes, but that's genuinely what it brought to mind. I find it scary the amount of guys who seem normal, but it turns out they really hate women. Can we not trust anyone?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
tit the bed, no wonder he drives a Tesla or whatever it is.

Same here! But this makes me want to set sail and live permanently on Lesbos, if you catch my drift. 😭😬
I’m glad I’m asexual!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I see he's employed the Monroe MO of buy one for yourself and one to 'donate'.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
God can you imagine the half-hour Zoom call with Russ to discuss the themes of the book?

"Tories are tit aren't they?"

"Yeah, I hate them."

"Posh wankers."

"I wish they weren't in power."

"Me too."

For HALF AN HOUR. Mindnumbing.

(Although if you're a laydee it might segue into "Boris Johnson, what a dick. And speaking of dicks, want me to put mine in your rear foofoo? I'm a feminist, you know.")

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Hmmmm, does anyone have enough disposable income to piss away £315 for a Zoom with Russ?

Might be worth it to hear him whisper" Give it some minge"

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
His blogs read like a terrible colour supplement lifestyle columnist from 1998. Also, totally feminist to make jokes about dead prostitutes, lol vulnerable women amirite?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
dunno, but it'd probably involve not forgetting a password
He was doing a nice thing, writing his vile misogynistic blog posts to help a friend. Now look where his kindness has taken him? Why do the good guys never get their reward?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I only discovered this guy through Jack Monroe’s page, and now I’m tied up in his lies and can’t remember what he was crowdfunding for. Can someone sum up what he tweeted and why he was being sued? I can’t find the original tweets.

Reactions: 14
He was crowdfunding because he was being sued. Or might be sued. Nobody is genuinely that sure on the suing status.

But it was curiously only a day or so after he’d been sprung with a 6k or something utilities bill that he hadn’t been paying for years.

His crowdfunding target was smashed by his adoring fans and the rumbling started about the grift.

Cue his multiple tweets about how he wasn’t a grifter, would give all the excess to Trussell Trust and wasn’t going to make a penny. It was pointed out that he was still getting others to pay bills for him that he was liable for. But that doesn’t count in GriftingLand. That’s not their responsibility, see?

If he’s getting sued for being a mouthy gobshite on Twitter - that’s his responsibility. Even if it was a Tory MP he upset. Those are the breaks.

If he’s not paid a bill for years that’s also his responsibility.

I simply do not get this lack of ownership for your fuckups. To go out with a begging bowl is crass and bizarre. Especially when you are - by all standards- reasonably well off.

GET A LOAN YOU GRIFTING duck.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I only discovered this guy through Jack Monroe’s page, and now I’m tied up in his lies and can’t remember what he was crowdfunding for. Can someone sum up what he tweeted and why he was being sued? I can’t find the original tweets.
I believe he tweeted about a Tory MP who was photographed a few years ago getting a “mankini” wax for charity and they’d covered his parts with a surgical mask. Russ said it was recent and mocking mask mandates and covid victims. And then this was shared by Sue Perkins and Alastair Campbell amongst others.

Perkins and Campbell got away with an apology tweet and I’m dubious that Russ was legally required to make a payment. He’s just seen an opportunity to make it about him.

Reactions: 21
I believe he tweeted about a Tory MP who was photographed a few years ago getting a “mankini” wax for charity and they’d covered his parts with a surgical mask. Russ said it was recent and mocking mask mandates and covid victims. And then this was shared by Sue Perkins and Alastair Campbell amongst others.

Perkins and Campbell got away with an apology tweet and I’m dubious that Russ was legally required to make a payment. He’s just seen an opportunity to make it about him.
I think he would like to think he's in a similar league to SP/AC so wants to be part of the "threatened" group. But in reality he's no different to most of the other twitter people who shared something without thinking.

Reactions: 13
Logic:

Case one:

Katie Hopkins libels Jack Monroe on Twitter
Jack tells Katie she can apologise and make a charity payment to avoid legal battle
Katie refuses
Jack is the hero, Katie is the villain

Case two:

(Note: assumed series of events based on what has happened to Perkins & Campbell)

Russ libels Tory MP on Twitter
Tory MP tells Russ he can apologise and make a charity payment to avoid legal battle
Russ refuses
Russ is the hero, Tory MP is the villain

🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Logic:

Case one:

Katie Hopkins libels Jack Monroe on Twitter
Jack tells Katie she can apologise and make a charity payment to avoid legal battle
Katie refuses
Jack is the hero, Katie is the villain

Case two:

(Note: assumed series of events based on what has happened to Perkins & Campbell)

Russ libels Tory MP on Twitter
Tory MP tells Russ he can apologise and make a charity payment to avoid legal battle
Russ refuses
Russ is the hero, Tory MP is the villain

🤷🏼‍♀️
There is an attitude among some online that Tories are evil and therefore are always the villain no matter how bad the person going against them is.

Reactions: 17
This is the original tweet but not sure who the original author of the lie was. I assume they will be the one in real legal hot water.

Here’s the Twitter thread where Russ repeats the allegation:https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1546522614990004224.html
Crikey, if that's an example of his "furiously brilliant" The Week in Tory stuff, I recommend he go back to writing sex blogs. He's even more of an easily confused and snidely precocious sixth former than Jack Monroe is when it comes to politics. Good job she has her cookery and he has his sexual prowess to fall back on...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.