Russ in Cheshire #2 Give it some cringe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™m torn. Iā€™d love for Russ to waste the time of the dickheads at the Good Law Project. But itā€™ll probably mean big donations to the twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I only know him from his bashing a fox in with a baseball bat while wearing a kimono on Boxing Day era.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Of a type. He and the GLP have had considerable success at crowdfunding to support cases... but far less success in actually winning them.
Yeah, they seem to be quite good at coming up with things which make good soundbites but are actually bollocks legally.

Yeah, they seem to be quite good at coming up with things which make good soundbites but are actually bollocks legally.
This ^^ my husband subscribes to their emails (he thinks Jolly-on is wonderful) and I've had a read through of them occasionally, they're all so full of puff n guff. They seem to be able to set up fundraisers for legal cases, take the money, lose the case and claim they won 'technically'. Absolutely insane. And people still fall for it!

Sorry, know this isn't really Russ related, so to keep it on topic... "give it some minge, on which a legal challenge can hinge..." etc.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I only know him from his bashing a fox in with a baseball bat while wearing a kimono on Boxing Day era.
This in itself is insanity. Who does this? Who thinks that's the best way to deal with a trapped animal?

This in itself is insanity. Who does this? Who thinks that's the best way to deal with a trapped animal?
The RSPCA and CPS declined to prosecute him on the grounds that they didn't think they could prove it was unnecessary suffering.

Reactions: 2
I don't think the fox was trapped? I read that he was trying to stop it from attacking his chickens. Either way, the whole story's nuts and I don't get why he couldn't just scare it off.

Reactions: 4
Battering a fox to death with a cricket bat whilst in a kimono on Boxing Day is one thing...

but to think it's good to tweet about is beggars belief.

Reactions: 9
I don't think the fox was trapped? I read that he was trying to stop it from attacking his chickens. Either way, the whole story's nuts and I don't get why he couldn't just scare it off.
I think it was caught in wire or something while trying to get at his chickens? But yes, scare it off. That's what a normal human would do - or call the RSPCA. Although what they deem "necessary suffering" I don't know. Seeing Maugham in his kimono would have been bad enough for the poor creature.

• Haha
  • Sick
People are now backing the Minister for Minge to use the Good Law Project to sue the Duchy of Lancaster because... his mother's stepdad didn't leave her anything in a will, and thus his estate went to the Duchy.

Of course, someone has delightfully found yet another historic example of Russ' hypocrisy...

Not sure I have a great deal of sympathy. The rules about intestacy are quite clear and there's even a handy little website that you can work through and it tells you. Stepchildren are specifically excluded under "children" in step 2.

If you have nearly half a million in assets you should have paid a few quid to get a will done.

Attachments

Last edited:
I found this on YouTube - a recording of his literary festival interview for the book

I can't imagine he'd have been happy to realise he spent the whole talk with his shirt bulging and exposing part of his belly in one place... less 'give it some minge' and more 'give it some proper tailoring'...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Canā€™t bring myself to watch more than a minute of that, but I enjoyed him being described as a ā€œwazzockā€ in his introduction. One of the few things we can all agree on.

• Haha
I see Russ has been comparing the Government's Rwanda policy to the rise of the Nazis...

These tweets underline how cack-handed his 'comparison' is

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 10