Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
So over this season, I was genuinely shook when Kandy mentioned Joey Jay that felt like 3 seasons ago lol

I’m rooting for Symone the other 3 are repetitive and boring for me - Kandy just playing herself continuously and wearing some of the WORST looks to ever grace the stage, Mik doing that whiney Paris Hilton white girl voice and spending every confessional saying ‘oh my god I’m actually really good at this now, maybe I’m a comedian, maybe I’m an actress omg how great am I’, and Rose pulling cross eyed grinning faces at the camera and calling it comedy 😴

Don’t know why I’m so over this season, I think it’s the unfair judging is just annoying to watch - for anyone who watched the way Ru attacked Joe Black for wearing a h&m dress in the challenge not even the main runway but then letting Kandy come out looking the way she does week after week...

Reactions: 12

AngryBird

I'm from 'Down Under' so it's very exciting to have more relatable Queens. Rhys is a great Judge. Ru and Michelle don't ever understand the local lingo so a lot is lost on them. They should edit or prep them better. Same for the UK one. They were insulting about the Elecktra Shock rainbow korowai (the cape) it was hugely symbolic, made by her Maori drag mother and a simple heads up prior might have helped explain Maori culture. The Lindy Chamberlain choice was shameful on the part of the production team and EtcEtc. It's not a funny line from an old movie. It's a non celebrity person who had a dead baby and was acquitted after a hugely long and shameful period of legal history.
Production got switched to Auckland NZ because of Covid. They probably were scrambling to recreate the sets and production with complete newbies. It can't have been easy with a minimal cast allowed in and 2 weeks Quarrantine. The budget won't be as good. I'm just grateful things like this are being made in a pandemic.
I hope Anita as The Queen can get some mileage out if it like The Vivienne and Baga Chips. The rest really sucked!

BashmentLady

VIP Member
I warmed to Kandy a bit in this episode when she was just talking normally and sharing her experiences with Gottmik, but as soon as she started banging on about how her and Gottmik had it hardest bla bla bla - this question is always asked, deal wi it.

The wrong queen went home too and I think the one that stayed is faux nice and sweet.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Oh my god I am so glad there is a thread for this.

Are the judges high on crack or something? I cannot stand Kandy. I do not see what they see in her. I really don’t find her funny and her “double shantay” was never a double shantay. She’s a BTEC wannabe Vanjie. She honestly infuriates me 😂 like what the fuck was that runway?!??? it was atrocious and then they had the nerve to put her as safe and call Utica’s “pretty” MY GOD THE DISRESPECT

I want Olivia or Rosé to win I thinks, by far and away the best in the conversation - I was so glad they got the double win.

Actually was quite sad to see Tina go and don’t think her or Utica were bottom

• Haha

Dipdab

VIP Member
Also did anyone else notice olivia’s awful attempt at mimicking Denalis skating on the runway 😂

• Haha

hannamarin123

For all those who hated DRDU you do remember it was filmed during a pandemic? With different crews under a ridiculously small time frame and a quarantine period. We're so lucky to have fresh shows to watch.
So was half of S2 of DRUK and its one of the best seasons of Drag Race that they’ve put out so far

Clovis

VIP Member
I loved how the judges basically said to Tina that Rosé looked like shit so great job at making her over to look just like you! So shady hahaha.

But seriously, how is Tina still there with those busted ass looks week after week?

• Haha

aidil

VIP Member
I can't stand Kandy, every acting/character she does is just her playing loudmouth herself - there's no versatility, it's so one-note and the judges just lap it up. I don't get it.
Ugh THIS! Her Patrick Starrr was just Kandy in a turban. She didn’t even try! Yet nobody ever seems to call her out on it.

Wanted to slap her when she said Rosé’s accent was Irish too. Face palm.

whatstheteab

VIP Member
I’m just ready for this season to be over tbh. The fact that no-one was eliminated til episode 4 and there’s still 6 queens left by episode 12 just shows how much it’s been dragged out. Also, the double shantay never should’ve happened. There’s at least one every season now and it’s getting boring.

It should have been a double sashay. Didn't enjoy either of them. Then the 3 left would be the perfect top 3.

Also I was very very grumpy yesterday that the latest episode wasn't aired yesterday. I was moaning to my husband about not being able to enjoy watching it after going grocery shopping. Couldn't find out any reason online why the usual episode didn't air. What is netflix playing at :mad: It ruined my saturday.

An hour later I realised it was Friday 😂 😂 😂

• Haha

embee1106

I was full on crying laughing at Silky doing the Barbie Girl lipsync. Thought this episode would be boring but she made it so entertaining. Ridiculous and so funny, she will have won so many over who didn’t like her in the past, and good for her.

BashmentLady

VIP Member
Trinity K Bonet is my winner. I don't feel she'll win, and I don't know how the game within the game will go, but I think she's brilliant.

jarv

VIP Member
I admit I am biased as I love Jan but I think the criticism given to Jan that their happiness and attitude isn't authentic further raises a broader issue of Ru trying to engineer emotions and vulnerability. It's not Ru Paul's vulnerability race ffs

Ru is fucking useless anyway, get rid and revamp the show with a new panel and some bloody design challenges!!!!

quinzel

VIP Member
I’m still not over the fact that Denali was eliminated and that Ru’s choices are very questionable at times!
Rose commercial was laugh out loud funny, Symone’s was great too. If I can’t have my Denali win, any of those two would be good.
cannot STAND Kandy. Gomiik’s commercial was a bit weird but I can see what she was trying to do. She also looked unreal.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
All Stars 6 lineup is out...

Pandora Boxx
Rajah O'Hara
Scarlet Envy
Serena Chacha
Silky Nutmeg Ganache
Trinity K Bonet
Yara Sofia
Akeria Davenport
Eureka
Ginger Minj
Jan
Jiggly Caliente
Sonique

We're now fully at the point where Rupaul is just recycling queens who have been on All Stars before lol. Also I wouldn't consider quite a few of these queens to be All Stars material, but...

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I’m not looking forward to another episode of Kandy Muse thinking she’s the dogs bollocks and the funniest person ever tbh

This series feels like such a drag compared to the UK version. I was surprised that Kandy was in the top this week as she didn't do very much in the main challenge.